We arrived tired and weary on 17th july and were met by smiling genuine staff. we were given an upgrade from club to an extremely nice suite on the 14th floor. The hotel is undergoing extensive changes to the beach and harbour areas but they in no way intrude onto the ability to enjoy the wonderful white sandy beach and pristine waters of the sea. beach towels were plentiful and ice cold bottles of water always available. The hotel is an older style building but with a prime location for the sea, shops and views. our room was always magnificently clean with daily fruit dishes, newspapers, toiletries, chocolates etc. The house keeping was outstanding and the bed and pillows to die for. Selections restaurant was where we ate most meals with a vast array of foods for every taste all perfectly presented. What makes this hotel so magnificent is the staff from the top echelons to the lower levels, all working as a team and genuinely attentive and caring. We were staying for seven days and made ourselves decide to return next year for two weeks hopefully in may. In every respect Abu dhabi is far more relaxed than its neighbour Dubai, and Ramadan had little effect on our holiday with even the truly magnificent grand mosque open for all to see and be guided around. Even during the fasting times meals were discreetly available to non-moslems. All in all this hotel is one that my wife and I felt totally at home in with amazing staff, terrific food, and tremendous accommodation.When everything is completed this hotel will be six star and rightly so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelbag, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental