“Not a bad choice at all”

InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Ranked #21 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
“Not a bad choice at all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the club room. Hotel room rate is cheap. I had a discounted summer rate too. I had to ask for help with luggage when I was up on 9th floor club reception. Housekeeping works very hard though. My room was cleaned every time I came back. Sometimes it was only within two hours. Club lounge breakfast and snacks are just so so. Not the best club lounge food I had in other intercontinental hotels. Champagne was free of charge from 6 to 9pm which is a plus. It is good measured in European hotel standards given the hotel room rate. Maybe I'm too used to the exceptionally welcoming atmosphere of the Middle East hotels. Don't get me wrong. It's not bad at all. Staff will help you if you ask for help. Rooms need renovation though. There was a very polite staff in club lounge serving us breakfast but I didn't catch his name - a relatively middle aged man.

Stayed August 2014
Resident Manage... R, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for your kind review on Trip Advisor. Such reviews are of great help to us. I have shared your comments regarding the club lounge food with our executive chef and he will do his best to make sure we provide our guests with the kind of food and service they expect from us.

I have shared your comments with all the colleagues at the club lounge and they all send their deepest thanks and appreciation.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi.
Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Intercontinental is a wonderful hotel with beautiful rooms and beach area which i will be very excited for it. The staff are delightful and the service is first class. One of the best hotel in abudhabi,I stayed during ramadan and I liked a lot the ramadan atmosphere with respect to the rules in uae.concierge and reception are very helpful all what you need just ask the the golden keys gentleman mr.elkari he is a great man. Restaurants are also great offering a wide selection, definetely i will come back next year with family to try the new pool at the beach

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our team to be helpful . I have shared your comments with Mr. Al Kari who send his appreciation and thanks.

The beach and the two beach pools are now open for guests and we expect the Health Club / Spa and the restaurant to be open by early September 2014.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and thank you once again for your kind words.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed 2 nights in this hotel, starting from the time we arrived the concierge are very attentive, the reception in the check in counters are also accomodating. Rooms were spacious with remorte lights. Housekeeping were very fast in providing our request. The newly opened Bayshore is a must see attraction in Intercon, it includes their beach, new swimming pool for adults with jacuzzi, and 2 kids pool, one with slides. You must also try their wagyu beef burger in the beach restaurant, it's really delicious. Overall our stay was very satisfactory and we'll surely retun to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with seaview
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Resident Manage... R, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our new Bayshore beach club to your liking.

The whole team thank you for your comments and we all look for forward to welcome you back again soon.

Until then please accept my best regards.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Overall: Stayed here for one night in July during Eid. Overall, I had a comfortable stay and liked the hotel's laid back vibe. I do think the hotel is a little dated and location-wise it is slightly remote.

Check in: this was very fast, although I got the sense that the agent was new. He didn't ask for a credit card so I assumed my details had already been processed as happens in the US as a Royal Ambassador. This was not the case and I was unable to use the telephone or make room charges until I gave a credit card - no problem, but they should ask at check in, even on pre-paid rates.

Room: This was excellent. I received an upgrade to a sea view suite with a kitchenette with microwave, large dining table, work desk, sofa, two TVs and large bathroom with separate bath and shower - plus a good view of the marina. I did think the bathroom was slightly old - water pressure in shower was low, and instead of usual Agraria amenities they had an attractive looking brand. On closer inspection, these are made in China, however! Despite its obvious age, the room was very well maintained.

I was a little disappointed that my room was not refreshed as I had an early check in and went out in the afternoon - I didn't notice a turndown service.

Hotel Amenities: Lots of things were closed due to Ramadan, but the Club IC lounge was open. Very friendly staff and a fair selection.

I also tried the Belgian cafe - this was excellent!

Check out in the Club was effortless.

Price very competitive.

Overall, it is a solid property, but I did feel it was not quite up to IC standards in terms of modernity. If in AD again, I'd stay again if price was similar, but would pay more for a better location (but that's a subjective opinion of course.)

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review. Such reviews are always of great help to us as they draw our attention to areas we need to look after.

I have shared your comments regarding the water pressure issue with our Director of Engineering who has already started work on fixing this matter.

The Front Office Manager has already address the credit card issue with his team making sure this does not re-occur in the future. I do apologise for the inconvenience you had to experience.

I am delighted to learn that you liked the Belgian Café and the suite with the sea view. I do hope you will give us the pleasure of welcoming you back. Thanks again for your review.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have really enjoyed our stay in this beautiful hotel. We particularly enjoyed our breakfast experience at selections. The service is quick, the atmosphere is ok, the welcome and hospitality of Leila were excellent. She was our main reason to visit selections for breakfast and lunch throughout our stay at the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
InterContinentalAD, Resident Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is our aim to provide all our guests with a comfortable and memorable experience.

The team and I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

California, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations, and I had a very peaceful and pleasant stay. The hotel is close to the center and free shuttle service to the malls .Rooms are spacious and comfortable but not as places I've stayed in London and Paris.Nice recommendations and tips to see abu dhabi and dubai from the great concierge Mr.ElKari who exceeded my expectation during the stay, he is a great asset to the hotel. The restaurants are great. Chamas bar is super and the breakfast with different varieties. I will highly recommend this hotel and waiting for the complete new beach

Room Tip: sea view room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Resident Manage... R, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. It gave me tremendous pleasure to read your comments and to know that our aim to provide you with a memorable experience and comfortable stay has been achieved.

Our Chief Concierge Mr. El Kari send his thanks and appreciation for you kind words. I would like to let you know that our beach project is coming to its final stages. In addition to having the beach and beach bar open, we now have the two swimming pools open. The Children's swimming pool with a slide is going to provide our young guests lots of fun. The adults swimming pool which is also open with its own swim bar is an ideal place to enjoy a good swim and to relax by the bar with a refreshing cocktail. We expect the Health Club / Spa as well as the Bayshore restaurant to be ready by early September 2014.

I do hope your will give us the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to InterContinental Abu Dhabi and until then, please accept my sincere thanks.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Intercontinental Abu Dhabi is a great option. Excellence all the way. The best concierge ever in RAOUF, so attentive, professional and nice. And in the main hotel restaurant great service by UZEIR super attentive and caring. We spent the new year there and had a blast. All restaurants in the hotel were excellent and service all around was great.

Also the best massage ever don't miss one if you have a chance. Enjoy....

Regards.

Ricardo Cruz

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Resident Manage... R, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Mr. Cruz

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It gives me great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your kind words with the team and both Raouf and Uzer send their gratitude for acknowledging their dedication towards the service of our guests.

We take pride in aiming to provide our guests with a truly memorable and comfortable stay though the service we offer.

I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi in the near future.