“Room was wonderful!”

InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 3 December 2008

Me and my husband stayed at Intercontinental for 1 night only in October 2008 and loved every minute of it. The beach was nice and staff at the beach bar was very nice and attentive. They have this very cool buzzes on the beach and you can call a waiter without getting up and going to the bar yourself. There's a construction going on to the left of the beach, but it's a usual sight for UAE and it wasn't noisy or bothering. And when I was making a reservation hotel staff informed me about that and mentioned that it won't cause any inconveniencies and it actually didn't! It's not very often that hotel staff will inform you of certain things and won't really be untrue about it! The food we had at the beach was tasty and fresh.There's a lot to do at the territory of the hotel, they have a big SPA centre and nice tennis courts, swimming pool looked great. We were too lazy to go to the restaurant and ordered Room Service which was served quickly and the food was really good! The bed was lovely and very comfy, our room had everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel room! Personnel very polite, well trained and professional! Well done, guys! Definitely recommend this place for couples and groups of friends!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeniefromDubai
ICAUHPR, Director of PR & Communicaitons at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2008

Thanks so much for your kind comments about the InterContinental Abu Dhabi. Your comments will be shared with all my colleagues and the management team.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to the InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reema Baroudi
Director of PR & Communications

Write a ReviewReviews (2,466)

Reviewed 25 November 2008

Stayed at the Intercontinental for 5 days on business and must say that the Hotel is beautiful and exudes real 5 star quality.
On check in I was upgraded to the club floor as I have Platinum status on the Priority Rewards programme. Rooms have everything you would expect from this quality hotel. Bathroom has separate toilet with door to close and shower off of the main bathroom door entrance. Ideal if you are both trying to get ready at the same time. Toiletries were very nice and the towels were fluffy and more importantly plentiful. I could 4 bath sheets along with 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels. The bath robe was huge so you could wrap yourself up in it. Bed was exceptionally comfortable and pillows were great. The hotel offers a turndown service every night. TV has 50+ channels on it with many of them in English, plus movie channels free. My room also had a DVD Player, I assume because I was on the Club floor, but I didn't use it, so cannot comment. Air conditioning worked fine. Had the opportunity to use the Hotels Private beach on our last day. Sun beds were positioned along the beach where the warm Arabian sea lapped at your feet. Hotel has a Beautiful location only 5 minutes cab ride away from the city centre.
Ate in the Boccaccio Italian restaurant within the Hotel, food was tasty and well presented. Also ate at the Chamas Brazilian Churrascaria Restaurant within the Hotel and that was a fantastic meal and an all in all great experience. If you like eating meat, and have never tried a Brazilian restaurant before, go for it, you will not be disappointed.
Breakfast was extensive and well prepared by courteous staff and is located on the 3rd floor. Next door is the outdoor pool, where you can enjoy the views and the beautiful weather I experienced in November.
Used the club floor facilities a few times which was peaceful and very elegant. There is a Patio area outside with amazing views from its location on the 18th floor, where you can view the constant construction of the emirate and also get a great few of the Emirates Palace Hotel which is located a short stroll away.
All in all an excellent Hotel which you would be hard pushed to beat.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank petrol1967
Reviewed 16 November 2008

Little problems were soon fixed. We were given a suite with a broken window which I noticed only the next day as we were rushing out to a dinner. We were moved.
The aircon was erratic but it was checked each time.
We went to the Fishmarket (restaurant) to find our outside table cancelled. When we tried to leave we were given one. There were plenty. We reserved another visit. We called ahead to confirm and were told we hadn't booked although my husband went there in person from the beach. We got a table an hour later. After 40 mins we had only our drinks so left and had room service. The hotel put us through to the manager's home (!). He said he'd get back....There was a real breakdown in management structures rather than anyone being at fault, but this was our last night and a big disappointment.
However:
The buffet restaurant is wonderful for all meals, including breakfast.
The staff are all friendly and unintrusive.
The views are fantastic.
The hotel is spotless.
Nice lobby...with Bateel dates in the afternoon.
The beds are lovely.
The bathroom products are great.
Laundry is perfect.
Rooms are quiet.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
ICAUHPR, Public Relations & Communications Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2008

Thank you very much for your comments. The points mentioned in you trip advisor feed back are being reviews by our management team to prevent them form happening again. I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you again soon to the InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 14 October 2008

'a well laid out hotel with excellent facilities. The beach club and swimming pool give excellent views. We had a relaxing few days stay at the resort. Additonally the Chamas restaurant was a great experience, we really enjoyed trying all the different cuts of meat. The staff were attentive and we had no reason for complaint. Fantastic Stay'

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda A
ICAUHPR, Director of PR & Communication at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2008

Dear Lucy,

Thanks so much for your kind words. The whole team of InterContinental Abu Dhabi, saw your comments and are very delighted that you enjoyed your say with us.

Great to see that you have enjoyed our Brazilian restaurant Chamas. The Yacht Club Bar & Galley has just opened at the InterContinental Abu Dhabi and I hope you can try it next time you are in Abu Dhabi.

Once again thanks for your nice comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Abu Dhabi

Reema Baroudi
Director of PR & Communication

Reviewed 9 September 2008

I have to agree with the previous review, this hotel is the very very best. My wife and I stayed here last June for 6 nights. It was flawless, our room, the restaurants, the pool, beach and the spa treatments(at a fraction of the cost of Irish prices and far superior). The concierge staff especially Rony were excellent arranging tours of the city, dhow cruise and to the new Mosque, which is a must see, such craftsmanship for a new build. Even our airport transfer was compliementary. I find it difficult to understand how any any person could find fault with this hotel. We have stayed in lot of hotels around the world and for now this is our number 1, on eveylevel the management and staff excelled. I hope they keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Impossible to see how any negative comment could ever exist on this hotel! It is beautifully run, staff is superb throughout, an excellent business center. Probably one of the very best in the entire ME! Rooms are excellent, & comfortable. I have been travelling throughout the ME for over 30 years and believe me when I say - " I know a fantastic and well run hotel when I stay in one!" I have been staying at this hotel for over the past 2 + years and you can't beat it! I almost hesitate to tell you how great it is, as I like keeping this find for only a few friends - but when a saw a negative review, I have to refute it!
Remember to be respectful of their religious customs such as Ramadan over the next 30 days. A bit like the Christian Lent of 40 days. Read about the restrictions, etc before you go in order to avoid scheduling problems with your clients and friends. The evenings are a wonderful way to be with friends and build relationships.
Have a great business trip!
FW

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank AbuDhabi1
Reviewed 24 August 2008

The Shangri La wins the hotel race hands down. It is easily better than this offering from Intercontinental.
The lobby is impressive. Service is good. Rooms are OK, with the rnovations done in slap/bang methose leaving obvious quality flaws.
Restaurants fairly good however it falls short in a few areas compared to the Shangri La

Internet is incredibly slow. Telephone service is shocking

Would I return? probably not

I am an Ambassador Club member. To be told upon early check in after a 14 hour flight that they should have charged me for an extra night due to early check in is not condusive to keeping loyal customers. I shall NOT be renewing my Ambassador Club card.

• Stayed: August 2008