This is an impressive hotel, in every way. Great lobby (amber marble I think?) classy as you would expect a 5* hotel in the UAE to be, but not over the top (as many are)… Great location for both Leisure and Corporate guests – on the edge of the city – quiet and peaceful with great views. The staff are polite, well trained and attentive to detail. Some small problems with Reception staff (unable to break a $500 bill?!) and also some waiting when they were not busy at all – but at the end of the day it didn’t matter at all – Concierge and Doorman are great and with great local knowledge – Doorman learnt that I speak Portuguese and learned a few words to welcome me back after a long day sightseeing. The hotel has some 6+ luxurious cars available for guests to use – top service. The rooms are very spacious and the furnishings seem to be brand new. No in-house movies system but many TV channels. A great bathroom with great shower and all expected amenities. Guest rooms and public areas are very clean and well maintained – a true Intercon. Welcome fruit basket and Arabic sweets box made a big difference. The outdoor pool is spacious and a lot of room to lay by the pool. Many restaurants but didn’t use any. The business center staff were always helpful, delivering genuine service. Business center facilities are second to none.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental