Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights over New Year on the way home from Australia and had high expectations having stayed at Intercontinentals' flagship hotels in Sydney and Hong Kong. Although the hotel doesn't look too impressive from the outside it more than makes up with the service provided inside. Every member of the staff I spoke to were very helpful, professional and, more importantly, friendly.
We paid a bit extra for the 'Club' Room and it is the best 'club/executive' experiance we have had during years of travelling. The Manager of the Club Lounge, Rebecca, is excellent as is her team, especially Jasmine for whom nothing was too much trouble.
We usually never eat in a Hotel's own restaurants but made an exception on this occasion and ate at nearly all of the hotels restaurants as we didn't fancy travelling into the main area of Abu Dhabi. The Chamas Brazilian Restaurant is unbelievable and a meat lovers heaven!!. Endless amounts of meat carved and served at your table which only stops when you tell them that you have had enough. The recently opened Belgium themed Restaurant is also top quality and serves a great range of beers!
Although we only stopped here to break up the journey on the way home from Oz, we have decided to return there again in the very near future for an extended stay as it was so good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental