I has two stays for a total of about 3 weeks in September and October. The concierges and front desk go out of their way to present you with a welcoming and helpful experience, despite the time of day or how many times you've seen them. As are most quality hotels in the UAE, the lobby was impeccable. The rooms I stayed in were a bit dated, but overall I felt comfortable and could easily stay here for longer periods of time.
The lounge on the 18th floor was exceptional. I found the lounge staff to be very helpful and welcoming. The only down side (minor) is their limited hours for snacks and drinks in the evening. If you arrive after 9pm, you are out of luck.
This hotel offers many restaurants. The Belgian Cafe was interesting, had good beer, food selections were somewhat limited, and the service was a bit slow the 4 times I ate there. Boccacio is their Italian restaurant, excellent layout and decor, helpful staff with a moderately ranged menu selection. With all of that said, I wasn't a big fan of any of the dishes I ate there. Another restaurant (can't recall the name) offered some type of Brazilian style of dining, offering a fixed price menu and all you can eat meat selections. I thought it was a bit expensive (280 dirhams) especially since I don't eat a ton of food, but the restaurant was constantly packed. I also ate at their Fish Market restaurant on the water. Here you select which fish and other items to have prepared for you, how much, and the manner in which you want it prepared. In all of my dining here, I was always pleased by the experience and felt it was a fair value for the food and service.
If I had to pick on any negatives for this location, that would be really tough. My one suggestion is they open up the hours of their restaurants, opening earlier than 7pm and staying open later than 10pm (hours varied by restaurant, but in general this was your window to be there).
I did opt for room service since I arrived from work a bit late one evening (10pm). I was pleasantly surprised at the selection, the prices were completely reasonable, the food was excellent and would be happy to do this again. This approach certainly makes up for the limited hours of operation for the restaurants and upper-floor lounge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, IHG, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental