Novel Hotel City Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$180
US$291
US$259
US$113
US$101
Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
US$390
US$329
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$60
All reviewsmercure hotelindigo barle beaujolaiscentral locationwtc mallbusiness arearooms are cleanlate at nightwalking distancesuperior roomnice stayabu dhabi citynice roomstayed here for nightsfree shuttleshort stayhotel is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I liked the functionality of this hotel. It is old so the rooms are smaller than the new hotels but they are clean and functional - perhaps a little too small if there are two of you staying for more than a few days. I found the front of house staff really pleasant and if I asked them for something, they always did it and followed it up to check I was happy.

The location is in the city but actually the noise in the room wasn't bad and having just spent a few nights in London, the Mercure seems like a peaceful haven! Plenty of cheap food outlets around the hotel. I didn't use any of the hotels restaurants or bars as I found them air conditioned to the point of being cold. The pool is small but a couple of lads who had been swimming said they liked it.

It is easy to pick up a cab from outside the hotel outside of the normal rush hour period of 7-8.30am when you may have to work quite hard to find a vacant taxi. As it has had a name change from the Novotel to Mercure, the cabs still know it as the Novotel City Centre - if you find they look at you rather blankly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This was very conveniet location to walk in the area. Had a gym. Good food and Internet. Also called Novotel Hamdan Center.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I never had any bad experience with any Accor group hotels. This is one is also very nice. I was very jet lagged when I got there so I didn't sleep until morning and woke up at the check out time. They were very nice and let me check out late and use their shower up by the swimming pool even after I checked out since my flight is very late at night. They also let me store my luggage after I checked out. Free wifi at the lobby and wired free internet in the room is fantastic. I love this hotel. I think they were planning to change the name to Mercure. So by now it maybe called Mercure. Lots of food places around the hotel. Oh, make sure you keep snacks in your room as apparently people in the Middle East don't eat breakfast until very late and nothing opens until at least 10 or 11 pm.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
An Accor traveller
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 September 2011

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 September 2011

A nice clean hotel in the centre of business district, close to everthing. Value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family