“great service, good price, and decent rooms”

Mercure Abu Dhabi Centre Hotel
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Thee location was ok since I preferred near to shopping malls and such. For a 3 start hotel it was really clean I do have one comment thou the shower was very hot even when you put it on cold... :) and there are some noise coming from other room like someone is hammering... but overall it was ok and im still going to stay next time...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gabeeson
Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. We arrived at 2AM-the first night and were greeted by the staff which made us feel welcome after a long flight. The room had twin beds and very well appointed .The staff were so helpful with any queries we had or when we asked for directions, they took time to help us, greeted us whenever we entered the hotel, and made our stay very pleasant. The hotel is very central, close to everything one needed and we were able to walk and sightsee around the city and Shopping Malls. We were there on a stopover and only allowed 92hours on a Tourist Visa , next time we hope to stay longer, this is one hotel we would return to . The beach was a distance away which did not effect us , we visited the beach ,foreshore etc everthing was so clean and the people in the street were willing to give us directions and help us when we got lost. The hotel is in a good position for a people there on business or travellers like us who like to walk and mix with the locals , it was great.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Willison
Roodt/Syre
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I'm a regular in Accor Hotels and we got a super deal for this hotel. And the hotel's situation is quit good, not too far from anything, beaches are near, shopping places are near, everything in walking distance exept for the Emirates Palace, but taxi's are so cheap in Abu Dhabi, if you're a lazy person, take a cab ;) to get any where in the city. Back to the hotel, the room and everything was ok, not too small and also clean and quiet, the pool also, small but ok, the water was maybe a little to hot, they should try to cool it down when it's hot outside, the water was as hot as my shower in the morning. I haven't had breakfast at the hotel, so no information on that. The only real complain I have is about the staff in the hotel, their english wasn't really good and they didn't like to talk. And when I asked what should we absolutely see in Abu Dhabi, the two receptionist a man and a woman, had no ideas. They just said oh go to Yas Island to see Ferrari World. They really had no clue what to do in Abu Dhabi, ok I knew most of the important spots, but they didn't even suggest Emirates Palace, Heritage Town or even one of the malls. So my conclusion for that : A) they don't like to talk to their guests, or they really have not a clue what to do in the city they life??? Hey as a receptionist you need to talk and to know stuff like that, you aren't only giving rooms to people behind your desk, but you have to inform them too. Maybe Accor should better train their people in that hotel, because I never had a problem like that in any Accor Hotel.
But I can suggest the hotel if you don't need a beach hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Timlux
london
Reviewed 27 June 2012

************************************************************************************************ This is such a very nice hotel and i really like this hotel as We were celebrating our anniversary and that went really nice as it was a surprise from my side ..................and they made it a memorable day for me.

The check in was a quick one which is gud..I'll thank to the Duty Manager who gave me late check-out till 5:00 p.m as we required that day..
I'm happy from the Room service, Front Office Reception, Housekeeping & the recreation department(includes Gym & Pool) all the staff are really gud and Just because of them & their services I'll definitely stay there for my future stays as well.

We got a very nice room No 706. The room was bit small but well organised and no issues with it's size. And the complimentary WiFi is also an advantage in this hotel which is very important specially for travellers.

Location wise the hotel is situated in the heart of the city which is very gud and even very near to the malls as well.

One suggestion for the hotel that if a couple or a guest is celebrating their anniversary or any occasion please do something special for the guest to make it memorable for them like to do special set-up in the rooms life romantic set-up or birthday set-up so that guest will feel really special that day. As a hotelier I know these things that why I just wants to share my suggestions to make the best service.

I was disappointed only with one thing and that is The NightClub of this hotel:-
* they have an entry charge for the in-house..
* they have only Phillipino band which is not familiar to the other gests
* not a nice clientale............really bad.

But in Overall the hotel is very gud with the friendly & helpful staff.

Thank you again to make this day memorable for me.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Room Tip: well just go for the best reviews hotel in the city in a particular segment..
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LondonSnowWhite
Jamshedpur, India
Reviewed 24 June 2012

You simply cannot beat the locational advantage that goes with the Mercure City Centre, Abu Dhabi ! Close to money exchange centres, great eat-outs, shopping centres..... an advantage for first time travellers !

The staff were very helpful. The pool on the 5th floor is a piece of art !
The rooms are compact and make very good use of the available space. They have free wi-fi available in the rooms as well (A must for business hotels of the day).
The hotel has 3 restaurants onboard- each with a different cusine.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The hotel has maintained its friendly atmosphere especially the people in the lobby & the housekeepers. Quick check-in despite a single receptionist present, new band in the pool bar is a brilliant idea as you will never see an acoustic band in abu dhabi and they have talent! Nice choice of songs, hence the bar ambiance & appearance is a 2 thumbs down I pity the band. The French bistro maintained their scrumptious flavor. Finally the gym needs new facilities that big bulky machine in the middle needs to be removed it’s a junk and might cause injury, piece of advice have a decent bench for press.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple