“Very good for the price”

Mercure Abu Dhabi Centre Hotel
Ranked #54 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Hamburg, Germany
“Very good for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant stay! Great location, spacious rooms, good service, clean. Very fast WLAN (free). We could check-in at 10am. No toilet brushes in the bathroom - something "new" in hotels- I find this ridiculous because everyone should clean up after themselves. Or at least have the option to do so..! So 4 stars overall!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank annasunny1988

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

At first when I arrived everything seemed quite alright. The hotel is situated in Hamdan street, one of the big streets in Abu Dhabi. Check in went fast. The room was ok, although it smelled a little moldy.
The Indian men who serviced my room and the older Indian man from reception were very nice and one of the lady recptionist (I think she was Russian) offered me a check out three hrs later. The rest of the staff didn't come across very nice. Second guessing you, ignoring you when you came in or going out, not courteously at all.
Outside of the hotel was invested with prostitutes. At one point I stopped counting at 35. With them came the men who sollicite their services.
When I left the, bellboy offered to get me a taxi. He brought me to a car and said it would cost me 75 dirham to the airport, asking me how much I paid coming in. I refused and said I wanted a metered taxi. With the meter it came to 60 dirham. I felt like he wanted to take advantage of me.
All in all I will never stay at this hotel again. Even with the corporate rate of 170 dirham, it is not worth it. The Mercure is not a 4* hotel by a long shot. Maybe 2/3.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
MercureAbuDhabi, Manager at Mercure Abu Dhabi Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Mr. Stephano,

Warm greetings from Mercure Centre Hotel,

On behalf of the hotel management, we are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction during your last stay in our Hotel. Thank you for sparing your time in completing the Feedback form on Olakala and Trip Advisor and bringing this matter to our attention.

Going in details with your comment and with regards to the prostitution outside the hotel, please be informed that we addressed officially this issue to the ADTA (Abu Dhabi Tourism Authorities) and the CID.

Our main concern is that we are ensuring that the hotel is safe as well as the surrounded area therefore, we’re covering the whole area inside and outside with the CCTV cameras system.

In the other hand, we investigated about the taxi you required, same like most of hotels, we do have limo service outside the hotel and our bell men was just offering you a fixed price instead of the meter taxi and almost of our regular guests are using that.

Thank you very much again as your comments will help us to serve you and all our guest better in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Very good staff. Reasonable price. Generous size rooms with all necessary amenities. Good gym. Big pool. Free wifi. Very good location. Starbucks Coffee across the street and many places to shop and eat. Clean.

Special mention to manager Khalid and Vijah. I hope I got that right!

I would definitely stay here again! Highly recommended!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank whileitravel
MercureAbuDhabi, Manager at Mercure Abu Dhabi Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Mercure Centre Hotel,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your experience with us. We are very glad that you felt comfortable and you enjoyed the services provided by our Hotel such a gym, pool and the internet speed.

We look forward to welcome you back at the nearest future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Location close to bus stop. With bus, you can visit malls and corniche, etc. Bus quite cheap, AED 2/person.
Room with average size, clean. Friendly housekeeping. Almost same breakfast for everyday but lot of choice from continental, asian, fruit & veggie, and the have egg station.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank OinK_Chan
MercureAbuDhabi, Manager at Mercure Abu Dhabi Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Mercure Centre Hotel,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel during your last stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay especially the friendly staff and the variety of the breakfast.

We are very glad that you will visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.