Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Trianon Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
1,362 results
All reviewsmarket kitchenrevolving restaurantcafe palmierirish barindoor poolsea viewthe club loungehouse keepingbusiness hotelbusiness tripitalian restaurantcomfortable roomsan upgradefive star hotelspecial thanksmarina mallferrari world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Generally speaking the hotel was very nice, lovely pool area, good food and helpful staff. Paid extra for access to executive club rooms but the only room available on that floor was a smoking room facing the road. Settled for a non-smoking room with sea view. Very accommodating staff on the executive floor but miserly portions of canapés and the toilet didn't have hand towels, and despite reporting this, they were not replenished.

Despite the above, I did enjoy my stay, however, they do need to pay attention to detail in order to warrant a higher score.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel. There are a variety of hotel choices to make in Abu Dhabi but for us this traditional hotel offered an amazing service that made us glad we selected it. The local building work, which won't last forever, is currently unsightly. However it won't be there always and it did not spoil our stay.

Almost everything is fine

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank uhu031
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I was travelling for business for 4 nights and all I wanted was a clean room near the office. I booked a non-smoking room since I don't smoke and don't like the smell. When I checked in they said there were no non-smoking rooms left (despite my specific booking) and they told me they would sort it out the second night when again, I was told they were oversold and couldn't do anything. The room is fine (other than the horrible smell), but it really needs a refurb to be considered 4 or 5 star. Also, they had a old hair dryer on the wall which didn't work. When I called for a new one, they brought me another one that didn't work. I haven't been impressed - I just wanted them to deliver on what I booked, a non-smoking room with a hair dryer.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2011

On arrival at the hotel we upgraded to a club room, which was well worth the money. We had a room over looking the pool, and had gorgeous sea view. Room service was great! Daily turn down service, love the little extras.
The club lounge was lovely, great to have a drink and canapes, and the staff were extremley friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was brilliant, with so much choice. The swimming pool was very clean and there was always a sun bed available, and the hotel provide towels.
There is no negatives about this hotel, it was a wonderful experience and I will defiantley go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kats4884
bkhan10, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2011

Dear kats4884,

I applaud your effort for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback means a lot for us, and it is dually conveyed to the rest of my team.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed our royal club facilities, and breakfast experience.

My team will look forward to welcome you once again with a promise to unwind great personalized experience.

Warm regards,

Imad Diab

Le Meridien: An active discovery awaits...

Reviewed 12 March 2011

I stayed at Le Royal Meridien Hotel, Abu Dhabi for a week at the end of November 2010 with my husband.
As we had booked a Club Room we were picked up at the airport and taken directly to the hotel where check in was quick and smooth. Our Club bedroom was large and well maintained with a view over the pool.
As previous reviewers have commented, the Club Lounge doesn’t exist. Having stayed at Le Royal Meridien Hotel and the Grosvenor House Hotel in Dubai in Club rooms we were expecting a lounge purely for Club Room residents only. This Club lounge is just part of a public piano lounge area where the staff were more interested in serving other visitors to the lounge. We were always kept waiting and were never made to feel welcome. The drinks available was very restricted and generally the quality and selection of canapés available differed greatly each night. The extra cost for the club room was not worth it at this hotel.
As we arrived quite late at night, we had room service on our first night which was very good. Other than room service, we only ate in the buffet restaurant when it served a seafood themed buffet which was excellent. There was very limited information in the bedroom and around the hotel about the restaurants. Promotion of the hotel restaurants was very poor and as a result we ate out in the city most nights.
The pool area was well maintained and there were lots of sun loungers and towels. The only down side with the pool area is the number of high rise buildings which constantly put shade over the pool area so you end up chasing the sun.
This hotel is in a great position for a city break with shopping malls and restaurants on the door step and is very close to the Corniche.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WendyBurger1966

Dear WendyBurger1966,

I applaud the gratitude for taking the time to express yourself by writing this review.

Your comments related to royal club lounge are noted. We would like to take this opportunity to enlighten you that we are working on it, and will update you about it in near future.

Regarding the visibility of information related to restaurants in the rooms, the writing desk inside our rooms contains an Information News Magazine about the hotel, which is updated from time to time.

Le Royal Meridien has a selection of 11 delectable restaurants which are rated as one of the best in Abu Dhabi. Amalfi (Italian Restaurant) has won several awards in the city for its wondersome Italian food, and live entertainment by Italian band. Al Fanar (The only roof top revolving restaurant with fine dining experience in city) provides ecstasy of panoramic view, with culinary delights of Europe, and is the only one of it's kind in Abu Dhabi. The Irish pub PJ O'Reilly's immerses its visitors into 'craic'.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you and your family to unwind an inimitable experience through lunch or dinner in the restaurant of your choice with complements of Le Royal Meridien. Please let me know about your next visit to call the arrangements.

We will look forward to welcome you back promising a great personalized experience...

Warm regards,

Imad Diab

Le Meridien: An active discovery awaits...