“Returning to Le Royal Meridien”

Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times. I have always enjoyed the quality of the rooms, the pool and the wide range of dining opportunities. The most important quality of this hotel is, for me, the staff. From the guy that opens the door, the person who carries your bags through to the General Manager all are fantastic.

If you think about your own home the decoration may not be 100%, the television may not be the biggest and flattest, your bed may have a few lumps but it is the people in your home that are the most important element.

So it is when you stay in a hotel when traveling on business. If you find the people there welcoming and friendly that is the most important thing.

I am looking forward to staying there again next week.

1  Thank AberdeenAlan
bkhan10, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your nice review and for pledging to come back again!
It's true that the people are at the core of a place and the employees of Le Royal Meridien in Abu Dhabi will always try their best to make guest's stay an enjoyable experience.

See you soon,
Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 23 November 2011

in general the hotel is rather tired- no wifi in rooms, ancient bathrooms, boring buffet, big TV sets (not that this is something I look for in a hotel but it gives you a good indication that innovation is not a strong point here) The service is flawless but as a frequent traveler I would not come back again until it receives a major facelift- there are more modern alternatives.

Dear Gord,

We do take note of all your comments about the hotel being "tired" therefore we would like you to be one of the first to know that refurbishment works are planned to commence very soon, for upgrading the guest rooms as well as other facilities. We should be ready within months with new rooms and upgraded amenities.

We hope you will visit again and we will be happy to have your feedback about the result.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

very nice hotel close to the Abu dhabi Corniche- the room was very large - the was no wireles and TV set was "old style" no flat srceen

Room Tip: the room was on a the 11 th floor facing the sea. The beautiful Al fanari restaurant was on the to...

Dear Raffaella,

Thank you for your comments.
The rooms are going through renovations works very soon. TV screen will be changed to the latest ones.
Meanwhile wifi has already been installed in all guest rooms.

We hope to welcome you again to Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2011

We enjoyed our stay in Le Royal Meridien. We found the service excellent, our room was spacious and well equipped. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet was superb. Staff were routinely helpful and patient with our many questions.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
bkhan10, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear gdl_traveler1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about your stay at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.

We have just finished the renovation and refurbishment of five floors in our deluxe tower. This also includes the installation of flat screen TVs. We are currently working on getting wireless Internet connection in all of our rooms. This might take another few months, but please be assured that we are focusing on this project.

I have forwarded your concerns to our Food & Beverage department and the issue has already been addressed.

Should you decide staying with us again, please make sure to request one of our new rooms when making the booking so we can show you that our standards are much better than the ones you have experienced during your last stay.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel needs to modern its facilities. No wireless Internet at the rooms neither flat screens; seems trapped in the 80´s. Ok, it was a crowed weekend but the service at the breakfast buffet needs to be improved.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Check-In: I booked a standard room. Upon check-in the receptionist asked if I would be ok with a twin bed room (rather than a king bed I had booked... I was travelling alone)... I said it was fine but asked what was the reason, and he responded that the King room they would give me wasn't that good... I was pretty amazed by such an answer (and honestly, I wonder what might have been the pb with the room they would have given me...)

Room: I stayed in Room 807.. Pretty small (I don't really care about the size of rooms, since I spend very little time in hotel rooms) but everything seemed very new.. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the overall decor... However, the room (a non-smoking room) had a pretty unpleasant smell... I'm not sure if it was the carpet, the wood or a cleaning products they used, but everytime I entered the room, I was hit by this strange smell... I would get used to it after 5minutes

Bathrooms: Again, small, but I don't really mind... The real problem is the design of these bathrooms... There is a glass separation between the sink and the shower. The bathtub is right behing the shower area, with no separation between the two: you have to walk through the shower to step into the bathtub... So basically, by taking a shower, you automatically get the bathtub wet. That wasn't really a problem, but rather a surprising and unusual deign for a hotel which probably had to do more with saving space. The main problems were that the water from the shower would flood the bathroom floor everytime I took a shower (I guess the water evacutaion is not well designed. SO I had to use a towel to block the water on the floor from floowing the area in front of the sink (so that I could later step in wearing socks...)... Finally, during the two days, I had no hot water coming out of the shower. There was hot water in the bathtub and sink though, so that is pretty strange. I told reception upon check out, and though the receptionist was synpathetic and wrote it down, I wasn't offered any sort of scompensation (which I believe I should have)...

Fitness Center: Has a small indoor pool (not big enough to swim lengths)... The gym equipment is definitely old and worns. And though thereis everything you need for a proper workout, the set-up wasn't very well designed and it generally felt rundown.

Outside Pool: Very lively, felt like a family resort swimming pool.. Lots of people hangingaround the pool and kids playing. It was fairly crowded so I chose not to swim.

Common Areas: Out of 4 elevators, one elevator wasn't working for a full day (it stayed stuck on Level 8). There was a fairly long wait for elevators everytime (maybe 30 seconds or more... either way, far too long).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank mahme
bkhan10, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear mahme,

Thank you very much for taking your time in writing such an extensive review.

I am glad to hear that you have received one of our newly renovated and refurbished rooms for your stay at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi. All of our rooms are terrific; there is just a difference in furnishings and equipment.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the smell of the room. It is indeed the smell of the new materials used in the room and we are doing our utmost to minimize the smell before a guest checks in.

I am furthermore very thankful for your constructive feedback regarding the bathrooms of our new rooms. Only with this we will know how to get better and to avoid the same design inconsistency again in the future.

Hearing that you have not had any hot water for two days makes me rather sad. Have you informed our Guest Service Center about this malfunction? Please be aware that my associates are there 24/7 to assist you with any concern you may have and we also have an engineer on duty all day and night.

Furthermore I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion regarding our recreation facilities. Our indoor pool is indeed not as big as it would allow you to swim big lengths. It is more designed to relax in combination with our massage facilities and after doing some work-out in the gym.
Please be assured that we will be getting new gym equipment soon with the latest technology machines.

Reasoning from your comment about our lively outdoor pool, I am assuming you have stayed with us over the weekend. We are having our great “All access brunch” on Fridays, which includes the usage of our pool area and on Saturdays the PJ’s pool party takes place. Both offer free access to the pool. I am very sorry that you were unable to fully enjoy your time.

The last time we had one elevator not working for a full day was due to the replacement of the elevator ropes. This was a security measure that had to be carried out.

Even though your stay with us was accompanied with some challenges, I would very much appreciate if you would give us another chance so we can prove to you that our services are much better than the ones you have experienced during your last stay.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Being an SPG (Starwood Prefered Guest)Platinum member I was very well received. I was upgraded to a fantastic suite and looked after very well. The staff were very helpful and polite.
I never got to use much of the facilities because I was busy both day and night. The hotel was quiet and the bed fantastic.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Become an SPG member,
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
bkhan10, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Dear Winson796,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for staying at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.

It is with joy I am reading your comments about your recent stay with us. Please be assured that I will share your words with my team and pass your compliments to them.

I hope to be welcoming you back to Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.

General Manager.