“excellent stay”

Ranked #25 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“excellent stay”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Me and my husband stayed last week for 1 night. Location of the hotel is perfect for travellers, staff were attentive upon arrival, and customer service was great. We stayed in the royal suite, the room was better than expected and very clean, very quiet and relaxing. The buffet breakfast was included in the stay and was great, lots of choice available, I'd definitely stay again.
Mrs Adan

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsAdan
Le Royal M, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Dear Mrs Adan,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.
We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay.
Your nice comments about the room and the breakfast will be shared with the team.

We hope to welcome you back soon in our hotel.

Shaun P.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights last month. Very comfy hotel. Got a room with sea view, on a high floor, which makes my day view from the room wonderful.
Especially love the pub in the hotel, PJ O'Reillys. Great band with great songs played.
Sales staff Ms. Elitsa has been very helpful and caring, compliment to her.
Buffet breakfast was good, however the variety is quite bland especially after the 3rd day of stay.
Room temperature is a little too low for my preference though i've put it down to minimum.
Overall a good stay experience for me.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms will give you a better view.
1 Thank Eric L
Le Royal M, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Dear Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate the great comments and will share the compliments with Elitsa and all the team.
We have taken note of the Breakfast comment and our Chefs are happy to make regular changes to the buffet to ensure the variety meets all tastes.

We hope to see you again at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This is a hotel I stay at a lot when in Abu Dhabi but will probably avoid until middle of the 2013 as from January they are undertaking a major renovation of their foyer/restaurant area. They have also been renovating the rooms and had drill noise until 9pm when they we rushing to finish for the grand prix. As eating/drinking in Abu Dhabi is dominated by hotel restaurants I am sure there are better options. New sofitel is close but more expensive.After then sure it will be back to an excellent 4 star hotel

Room Tip: ask for sea view and renovated rooms ( smaller but walk in shower)
1 Thank scotaussie
Dear Scotaussie,

thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that you like the property and you are a regular guest of Le Royal Meridien in Abu Dhabi.
Indeed refurbishment works have been going on to upgrade all guest rooms and plans for refurbishment of lobby and restaurants would start soon and last a few months;

we have our guests always in mind thus the works planned will bring the hotel to higher levels in comfort as well as offerings.
The new outlets to open count two restaurants signed by world-renowned Chefs, the public areas including the lobby and the Royal Club lounge are designed to offer a wonderful hub and meeting place.
We are so excited about the new plans and cannot wait to have you discover the new place that will be unveiled starting mid 2013.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards,
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I like this Hotel is is excellently situated for business meetings, but two things - this is the only Starwood Hotel I know that offers Club Rooms and does not have a proper dedicated Club Lounge and the Bar/Restaurant on the First floor is not part of the Hotel, its service leaves a lot to be desired !

Room Tip: Higher floor sea facing is quieter
1 Thank Tony P
Dear Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review.
We are glad to read that you like the hotel.

Indeed our Royal Club Lounge is part of the main lobby which makes it an open space, but plans are set to change that within 2013. A new Royal Club Lounge is planned to open soon offering better space and better comfort and facilities for Royal Club guests, with dedicated meeting space, lounge bar and the Starwood amenities and benefits expected.
About the restaurants on the first floor Sax and Oceans, they are managed by a third party operator but we have taken note of your comment and will be communicating to their team accordingly.

We do hope to welcome you again soon and look forward to your feedback later in the year once the refurbishment plans unveil the new Royal Club Lounge!

Thank you for your patronage and best regards,
UK
Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

This was the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel, but it may well be the last. Despite a confirmed reservation, and being a gold SPG member, with my preferences/profile stored, on arrival the hotel had no suitable room. This was the 2nd consecutive stay where this has happened.

The plug in the bath operates via a wheel at the end of the bath, to raise and lower the plug. This did not work at all during my stay, despite reporting it to reception. I had to jam a comb under the plug so water could drain out of the bath.

During my 4 day stay I had no less than 8 electronic door key cards, because they would not let me in to my room ( I know all about keeping them away from mobile phones). The signs were not good when the porter took my key when I checked in, and 5 minutes later we were on the 22 floor with the key not working...... And so it went on for the rest of my stay.

I like this hotel normally, but this time a number of niggles spoilt my stay, and makes me wonder if I should try somewhere else next time in Abu Dhabi

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Le Royal M, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Dear Neil,

Thank you for your comments and for your patronage of Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.
Please allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused upon arrival and later on by the key card problem. I can assure you that this is not the norm at our hotel.
We are investigating the key system to avoid similar problems in the future.
Similarly for the bath tub issue.

We would like to assure you again that we are committed to our guests comfort and will do our utmost best to avoid similar situation spoiling your future stay.
We do hope to welcome you again on your next visit.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me or a member of the management team upon your arrival; we would be happy to meet you.

Dubai
Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

All off to a good start, now a SPG gold member we were upgraded to suite, on the newly renovated 7th floor. Rooms are fresh, modern, separate lounge/dining area and large bathroom.

The shower is open with no door and directly in front of the toilet, which means when the showers on, theres nothing to stop the floor getting flooded, and if you want to use the toilet afterwards, you have to mop up all of the water. The shower also takes a good two minutes for the water to reach a good temperature, so a a lot of water wastage prior.

Besides the bathroom, and the bass pumping of the club below in the early hours, the room is fine.

So breakfast, I ate where the buffet is served at 9.30am. The Filipino at the desk made no acknowledgment of me, so I found my own table. After choosing my selections and sat down, no tea or coffee was offered either. I should mention I wasn't in a suit as it seems you need to be wearing one to get any attention.

After I finished off, to clear my plates the same Filipino asked "Finished?".. I'm not sure if there is any training on how to speak to guests here.

The manager also didn't seem to be doing anything else except organising the jam jars on the table.

Once finished I got up and left, so although breakfast was included, no one asked me for my room number so I could well have just been a random person who got a free breakfast! Maybe I'll come back when I'm not staying and try my luck..

All the other staff in the hotel seem friendly, so this restaurant has some work to do.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank CallumZW
Dear Callum,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We are happy to hear the room was to your liking.
With regards your comments about the breakfast, we have noted the issue and have already taken steps towards corrective action on training and service. Apologies for the less than great experience.
We would like to assure you that it will be different on your next trip.

Awaiting the pleasure of seeing you again at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.
Best regards,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Allround a very good place to explore Abu Dhabi, it suits business or pleasure with ease. Bars, restarants, pool and gym facilities. The beds are very comfy too....To be critical its more like 4 than 5 star and could do with a little up dating but overall very good for the money.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank tableonlyone
Le Royal M, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying with us while in Abu Dhabi.
We appreciate your taking the time to write the review.
With regards updating of the property, we would like to inform you that plans for refurbishment works are underway and should you be visiting in a few months, you will be happy to see the changes at the room level.

We hope to see you again soon,