“Lovely Stay”

Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 4 May 2013

It has been almost three months since I last was at the Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi but I thought I should leave feedback. The stay was really nice and I will most defo be back there. I stayed in a renovated room which was very modern and the best Meridien brand room ive ever stayed at. the staff are very helpful and are quick to assist. I recommend this hotel for any type of stay in the capital!

Room Tip: Upgrade, its worth it!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeeTPiont
Le Royal M, Director of PR and Marketing at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments and we are glad that you had a wonderful experience at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.

We look forward to receiving you back soon.

Kiran Kumar

There are newer reviews for Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Great staff here. Welcome was good and chef at breakfast ism really good. The only thing was because the hotel is being refitted the small bar is only place to chill out, but the guy with the violin only seems to know about 5 tunes and is a bit annoying and screeching noise!
Hotel is handy for corniche and shoos and taxis are reasonable,I went to the yas island on Sunday and enjoyed Ferrari world. Cab fare each way about 70 aed
The rooms are comfortable,I had a deluxe room and everything in there, even a turn down service at night. As I have said the hotel is being refitted and only guy told me it could take up to about 8 months. But in this time you can enjoy rooms at a cheap rate and have 5 star comfort for 3 star prices. The concierge were so helpful. I wanted to get to the harley dealership in mussufah and they went out the way to get a taxi who knew where to go.and in the bar and restuarant you are served by pretty ladies.

Room Tip: As there is building work on try and pick one on the 5 th floor, but the staff will treat you ok and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Le Royal M, Director of PR and Marketing at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback and glad to know that you liked our hotel during your recent stay. Considering our guest feedback and comments we are undergoing an extensive transformation to offer an upgraded product to our customers by the end of the year. We are doing our best to keep the disturbance to a minimum level to our guests during this process.
We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back soon to a renewed level of service and experience.

Best regards
Marketing Team

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights on a business trip. It was going through renovation but I haven't heard any noise in the room. The room bed was comfortable and the room and toilet were very clean. The location of the hotel is in central Abu Dhabi and very close to Abu Dhabi corniche. The breakfast was good with a big selection of food. They change few types of food on daily basis. The breakfast restaurant is adjacent to the pool which provides a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel has a small lobby and there is a lady playing piano. The hotel staffs are very helpful and friendly.

The only negative thing is that although my stay was prepaid, the reception staff, while checking in, held around AED 4,000 (approx. USD 1,000) on my credit card for any mini-bar consumption which is higher than the whole stay cost. This was the highest among any hotel I stayed in before.

Room Tip: Please take the sea-view rooms. They have better sunlight and better view. If you like breakfast the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ali A
Le Royal M, Director of PR and Marketing at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your inspiring feedback and glad to learn that you have had a comfortable stay with us.
We have noticed your concern on the advance deposit authorisation taken and it is addressed by the front office and finance team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kiran Kumar

Reviewed 14 April 2013

we stayed there last week as a family with a baby. Location is good but when you try to enter the hotel with a baby trolley be careful because there is no way for baby trolleys or disabled chairs at the current entrance which is in use due to renovation works going on existing entrance. So you need to carry your trolley from stairs up and down! Again due to renovation works there was no hot water in the room, they sent service guys but what they could not solve it only possible way was keeping water on and waiting for 30-45 minutes to feel hot water coming :) for two days we were suffered due to this, anyway you can some how take shower but for the baby it was not possible! other facilities and etc. were not that much important unless you have those above listed!

Room Tip: Do not forget to ask for sea side rooms since road side rooms have only two tiny windows.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank UGUR T

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your recent stay. All your comments are well received and are addressed by the concerned department heads.
The hotel is undergoing an extensive transformation now to heighten the quality of products and services offered. We thank you for your support during this exciting journey and look forward to offer a renewed experience later this year.

Thank you again for writing back to us and look forward to welcoming you and family back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed at Le Royal Meridien at the end of March for 2 days as a weekend break from work. Valet car service was efficient, and check-in /out was effortless. My thanks to Toofoq on reception who was friendly and helpful, and who upgraded me to the Starwood preferred guest floor on checking I was an SPG member. The room was lovely with an excellent sea view, (see photos) and was very comfortable. It had excellent amenities, was very quiet, and I slept very well. As a weekend break, the hotel was really comfortable and relaxing.
The hotel has a nice pool, and a good Irish Bar in PJ O’Reilly’s. Good choice of beers and a pretty decent “live” band n stage. A good pool and a good bar is just what you need on a short de-stress weekend.
Overall a really relaxing short stay, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, and certainly stay there again

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelTrollKent
Le Royal M, Director of PR and Marketing at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the valuable time spent on posting this inspiring review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and will definitely pass on your compliments to our associate in front desk.

We look forward to receiving you back soon.

Kiran

Reviewed 3 April 2013

My husband stays here very often on business and I thought I would book it for a weekend away from Dubai as I had some friends staying with me. I liked Le Royal Meridien. I wouldn't say I absolutely loved it, but I did like it. It was good value and it a nice location and we were given free drinks on arrival which was a nice touch – though my friends received a second free drink voucher and I did not when we left which is blatant favouritism if you ask me! ;-).
If I’m honest, I could have done without the very noisy Irish Band entertainment by the pool, but I guess it was Easter weekend. If you want a relaxing break, for this reason I would say it's not a good idea - if you're a family and want something lively, then it's a good option.
Whether you like the rooms will be down to taste - we stayed at the hotel with another couple who thought the rooms were wonderful. My husband prefers the old rooms apparently in the other side of the hotel where he usually stays, but I am yet to see these - I know that they have no sea view. I thought the newly refurbished rooms were nice, but I found the bold colours a little like a high end Travelodge. The views of the sea were amazing - we all agreed that the bathrooms were beautiful, though my friends rain shower and their phone did not work. However, they received a fruit basket in their room on arrival and we did not..so swings and roundabouts I guess! - Also controlling the temperature on the shower in both rooms was difficult as it took some time for the water to get hot and then it was VERY hot.1 tip is, take some shower gel / bubble bath - there is a nice bath and two different showers, but they do not provide shower gel, which might have been a nice touch. The beds are so comfortable that you won't want to get out of them.

Be aware that the spa is mixed, some people may not like this - however, I liked the rare experience (in this part of the word) to be able to share a sauna, steam and Jacuzzi with my husband.

As my husband’s business will back in the hotel next week and I will be accompanying him I will be able to write a more informed comparison of the old and the new rooms soon!

I have provided these comments to be informative for both Tripadvisor members so that they get the experience they want from their selected hotel and to provide constructive feedback for the hotel itself and I should say that overall this hotel was very good and I will be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback in detail.

We have noticed your concerns on inconsistency on amenities and also flaws on the rain shower and hot water supply, telephone in room etc. The concerned departments are notified on the same and actions are already initiated to resolve these issues.

It's a time of transformation for Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi with a lot of enhancement ongoing and coming up in rooms, public areas and restaurants. We appreciate your support during this exciting journey to discovery and look forward to offering you an elevated experience during future visits.

We progress with the support of valuable customer feedback like yours and look forward to hearing more.

Warm Regards
Kiran

Reviewed 27 March 2013

My recent 6-night-stay at the 'Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi' is reason enough to update my last years review.
In recognition of my SPG status I received an upgrade to a Deluxe Suite in the eastern (much lower) wing of the hotel complex. The suite offered a bedroom, a living room, a small kitchen including Panasonic microwave, spacious bath room with combined buth thub / rain shower, 2 flat TV, ironing board, 2 minibars / refrigerators, room safe and anything else you would expect in a 5-star hotel. The rooms are well insulated against noise from outside and other rooms. Furniture was not new, but in good condition.
Cleanliness was perfect in the room and very good in public areas. Although some areas in the hotel are undergoing a refurbishment, this did not affect my stay very much: There was no construction noise audible in my room and the works are taking place in closed environments with very little impact on the cleaniness in public areas. However, some restaurants are presently not being operated and some noise could be heared in the pool area.
The hotel has a small gym on the 4th floor with good and modern equipment for workout and cardio-vascular training. Due to the small size - compared to the number rooms - after the office hours it can become little bit crowdy. A sauna is not available presently. In order to use a sauna, guest have to walk to a building next to the pool area that seems to be part of the neighboring Al-Ain Palace hotel. A sauna closer to the gym would be nice.
A big thanks to the Al-Fanar restaurant, a revolving restaurant on the top floor offering european cuisine. My dinner there was delicious and the staff provided perfect service.
For the entertainment in the evening there are two good options: The irish pub (PJ O'Reilly's) is recognized as THE irish pub in Abu Dhabi. The skilled life band plays mostly rock standards, Top-40 covers and some irish staff in a nice atmosphere to fire up the party. The typical PJ's visitors are Expats and hotel guests.
The second entertainment option would be the nightclub 'Illusions' on the forth floor of the main tower. Good music and a very relaxed atmosphere. However, the 'Illusions' may not be your first choice for going out with your wife.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful at all times.
Important to mention is the perfect location of the 'Le Royal Meridien'. Close to Corniche at Khalifa Street / 6th Street, your are in the middle of everything with perfect connections to southerly parts of Abu Dhabi, Saadiyat Island, Yas Island, westerly Corniche and Marina Mall. More entertainment options close to Corniche and Hamdan Street, many restaurants, a supermarket, the small and cheap Almariah Mall, pharmacies and many more places you may be looking for can be easily reached by walk.
Conclusion: The Royal Meridien is one of my favourite hotels in Abu Dhabi in a location that offers no room for improvement. I am looking forward to my next stay and I am curious how the closed areas will be look like after completion of the refurbishment.

Room Tip: Higher Floors offer a fantastic view towards Corniche, Lulu Island and Arabian Gulf.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank zf34bu8q
Le Royal M, Director of PR and Marketing at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the great review and choosing Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi as your favourite hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and your good words are really motivating for the exciting journey we are on for a renewed discovery.

The current renovation is in a large scale, eventhough it doesnt interfere much with our guests comfort levels, and its all taking shape to be revealed later this year.

With regard to the size of the Gym and leisure facilities, we already have planned for an expansion in that front as well and will be scheduled soon.

Thank you again and look forward to receiving you again soon.

Marketing Team