Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$174
US$95
US$188
US$173
1,379 results
All reviewsmarket kitchenrevolving restaurantcafe palmierindoor poolsea viewthe club loungehouse keepingbusiness hotelcomfortable roomsbusiness tripitalian restaurantan upgradefive star hotelspecial thanksmarina mallpjcorniche
Reviewed 28 September 2013

It may seem churlish to write a review of an hotel that was under renovation at the time of my visit but in some ways one would expect an hotel to compensate for the disruption but making that extra little effort, which did not really happen.

I arrived on an early morning flight from Tokyo where I had stayed for a week at one of the world’s best hotels (The Palace) and I’m afraid I was underwhelmed by the RM.

It was difficult for the limo driver to find the entrance, which was not where one would expect it to be and when we did find the temporary entrance, at 4am, I had to fight my way through drunken “ladies of the night” milling around and local youths who were seemingly very keen on obtaining their services. That extended to the lobby where one very drunken “lady” was staggering around, trying desperately to find her way out.

Anyway, check in was friendly and efficient and the suite we had booked (Room 228) was really nice – I cannot say more – everything one would expect was provided and Internet access was free, fast and effective. The room is as good as any I have stayed in apart from the strange Shower/Bath unit (see my photograph) which was very uncomfortable, structurally unstable, difficult to operate and with insufficient hot water. That apart, I have no complaints whatsoever with the room – well done Meridien!

Because of the hotel renovation, nearly all the food and beverage outlets were not operating except for a lobby lounge and one restaurant (Amalfi) which was quite a walk from the main hotel where food and beverage, in the evening, was distinctly limited in choice, average in quality and pricey. My steak and mashed potatoes was served lukewarm, presumably because we dined early and the staff were too busy setting up for a later buffet. This restaurant also does the main breakfast where staff are super friendly and efficient – the breakfast chef also makes a super omelette, something which is very, very rare in UAE hotels.

On our second evening, I have to admit that the excellent Kristof at Reception advised us of a franchised F&B outlet called Imigo which was not advertised or promoted at all when we arrived so we ate there, although it is really hidden away at the back of the hotel. It was truly excellent – thanks Kristof and the staff at Imigo. Why was this not advised to us on our arrival, I would ask? Bad management, I’m afraid.

There was also a pub of sorts set behind the hotel. It was called PJ’s but it was impossible to eat there because of the ridiculously loud booming music and the somewhat odd and noisy clientele. For the sake of political correctness, I’ll say no more. The vomit on the path close to this outlet, near the pool, presumably deposited from the previous night’s revelries and which nobody had seen fit to clean up for the two days I stayed, shows a distinct lack of proper management of the area.

As I have said, I am told that the hotel is to reopen soon after their renovations – it would have been nice to have been told of these renovations and the very limited choice available, before we booked to stay. Having said that, the room rate was low so I suppose the attitude from the hotel would be “what do you expect at that price”?

I am afraid to say that we were not very impressed with our visit with the exception of Kristof and the friendly front office staff – let’s hope that all you future visitors have a better time than we did when you stay in the “new” Royal Meridien, Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: No idea - have a good look after the renovation.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was in the PJ last week and had a great time with my friends. They have different types of beers, live music and friendly staffs. Unfortunately, I had a little incident where I lost one of my valuable earring and i was pessimistic that i am gonna find it. However, the assistant bar manager, Mahesh helped me out to look for it along with some other people. I was impressed with all their initiative and the willingness to help their guests. At the end, not long after I left the bar, I got a call that they found my earring. I was happy cos it is still in a good condition and finally I went home with a smile. Thanks to all the bar staffs. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Le Royal M, Director of PR and Marketing at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and we are glad that you have enjoyed your experience at PJs recently.

We will definitely pass on the compliments to Mahesh and team and this will encourage them to do more for sure.

Thank you again for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Marketing Team

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I am reviewing this based on what I experienced. While I stayed there, the hotel was undergoing renovations, which made things not work as well as they should (especially the elevators/lifts). You could see some of the progress, and when the renovations are done this hotel could be magnificent, but until then, I suggest you avoid it.

The lobby was OK for a 3.5 star hotel, not this one. Staff were wonderful, but the renovations meant they could not be efficient. The main tower has 4 lifts, and only 2 were working (to say they were slow is a major understatement). In addition, the restaurants were not convenient to the lobby (because of the renovations).

Le Meridien has employed Jerome Sans as its curator. He has created a playlist of 1500 songs for the elevators, which (every time I used the elevator) were American or British pop - yuck.

I am sure this hotel will get better after the renovations are complete, but until then, I suggest you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TypeYourNameHere

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. As you have noticed we have been upgrading our rooms, public areas and restaurants to offer an elevated experience for our guests and all the guest comments are carefully integrated to this extensive transformation.

We are launching phase 01 of the developments which includes the rooms, two brand new restaurants, refurbished front of the house and the main entrance by the end of this month.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a renewed experience.

Marketing Team

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have clocked over 50 nights at this hotel, travelling for business. Overall, it's great, especially if you need to be in Central Abu Dhabi.

I have tried virtually every other top hotel in the area. The new nice one's are too far away from the City Center - this is the best option if you need to be in the CBD.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Le Royal M, Director of PR and Marketing at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your continued patronage and valuable feedback. We are happy to learn that you liked our hotel and facilities. With the current renovation project- upgrading rooms, restaurants and public areas, will elevate your next experience for sure. We are proud to launch the phase 1 of the development early October and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards
Marketing team

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here only for 1 night, but the view from the 17th floor is amazing. Its located in the middle of the city, so its easy access for us to go everywhere. Its near the shopping mall and Restaurant. The Irish Pub is so nice with the live band and dj. This hotel really accessible

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the encouraging feedback and we are glad that you liked our room and the Irish pub during your recent stay. With the current renovation project we look forward to offer you an elevated level of product and services during your next visit.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Marketing team