“When things get lost .. and the hotel does nothing”

Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Malmo, Sweden
“When things get lost .. and the hotel does nothing”
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Stayed for three nights on the eight floor. Very efficient and pleasant check in crew. Free wifi in lobby area - not in the room which is a definite draw back. Good breakfast selection. Rooms are a bit worn bed comfortable with plenty of fluffy pillows. Pool is indeed very nice, however pool hours are sun break to sunset which means that if you work its hard to find time for an afterwork experience. Nice view from the top floor restaurant (revolving will give you a nice over view of the city).
I lost a ring (18 ct gold with precious stones) that I placed in a little box with costume jewellery on the desk in the room (the only item missing from the box) - of course it should have been put in the safety box and of course it might have fallen on the floor and have disappeared into the vacuum cleaner .. So that I cannot do much about - BUT I find it very interesting that the hotel has chosen not to respond at all to my email inquiring if anyone of the cleaning staff might have seen or taken care of it ...
I have posted an ordinary surface mail letter too (with a printout of the email) and look forward to see if perhaps that might provoke a response.
So no - I will not stay here again ...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
MareikeS, Public Relations Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 7 July 2010
Dear MarieMalmo

I am sorry to hear that you lost your ring. As in our email conversation to you last week I can assure you that we tried our best to find your ring. My team checked your room various times but unfortunately we were unable to find the ring. We will get in touch with you again and fully explain the actions which were taken out.

I am happy to hear that you like the hotel in general and hope that we can welcome you soon again.

Sincerely

Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Mumbai
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Traveled alone for a business meet . The rooms were comfy and relaxing and the staff very helpful.Had a wonderful nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
MareikeS, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 27 June 2010
Dear angellahMumbai

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good night sleep. We would be happy to welcome you back on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Mumbai
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I was on my way to Europe when I decided to hop across UAE to meet a few investors. I remember staying at the Le Royal Meridien a couple of years back on a transit and decided to check in once again. My diary was chocked for 3 full days of back-to-back investor meets and I was dreading another week of meetings in London and Frankfurt.

My stay at the Le Royal Meridian was extremely comfortable and made me feel at ease. Checked in early morning from an late night/early morning flight from Mumbai and lack of sleep was clearly showing on me. The staff was very warm and hospitable and I was pleasently surprised with the choice of in room food menu. Rooms are sufficiently large and very clean. I'm quiet fussy about bathrooms and this one did not dissappoint me. They are very well equipped, neat and dry with a glass shower cabin.

Though at the distance from the airport, the hotel is located at a comfortable distance from the city center. The hotel has a small business center where I held one meeting which went off very well so full marks to the business center :)

I used the healthclub the next morning which is very well equipped and the swimming pool is a treat. The buffet breakfast had a choice of english breakfast and continental. I loved the list of smoothies and tried a couple of them.

The third day went past as a blur with a packed diary and rushed to the airport for an evening flight to London. Hotel provided me with airport transfers which was very comfortable. All in all a good short stay and would recommend travellers to check-in

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Dear anandberia

We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi and we hope to see you soon again for your next stay in Abu Dhabi.

Egypt
Reviewed 6 June 2010

simply amazing hotel and the most comfortable bed and pillows ever, great breakfast .
simply WAW

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rana2008
london
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Stayed there for 4 days, spacious room with amazing view , 1703.
Great bed with excellent breakfast food with dishes created by jean georges. room service is good and Al fanar restaurant very convenient for business lunches.
Nice swimming pool.
Gym is really disappointing for a hotel this class, old stuff, no space and a 70's like atmosphere.
Overall a really plesant stay apart from the bad service at reception:
-Lady from guest relations was very friendly and helpful
-Front desk is manned by young teenagers, i dont mind as long as they do the job properly which was not the case. On arrival it took 10 mins to check-in because the guy that was doing my check in was chatting up and playing with his young female colleague at the same time. Ended up by forgetting to take a print of the card and to tell me how to get to the room. Same stuff on check-out, 10 mins.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
London, UK
Reviewed 10 February 2010

I arrived on an overnight flight from London and they let me check in straight away at about 8:30am, which was nice of the them.
I was on one of the Starwood Preferred Guest floors, and the bedroom was lovely with an amazing sea view. However, the bathroom was a bit below par, with a rather antiquated beige suite. It all worked though, but seeing as my last hotel stay was in the Grand Hyatt in Dubai (which is absolutely palatial) maybe I'm just getting a bit spoilt!

The staff in the business centre were great, finding us meeting rooms at no notice, and printing and binding colour presentations for us.
But the front desk staff were a bit less helpful - the voicemail light on my phone was blinking but when I called voicemail it said I had "other mail" instead. So I called the front desk, but they just kept telling me to call voicemail... I never found out what my "other mail" was - I hope it wasn't important!

The carpet in the lobby coffee lounge is a bit headache-inducing, but the dates and petit fours with the coffee more than make up for it.

Overall a good experience, just not the greatest ever.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Cambridge UK
Reviewed 14 December 2009

I stayed at this hotel after moving from the one to one hotel in Abu Dhabi. Unfortunately our preferred hotel was fully booked.

It is a nice hotel in terms of facilities and restaurants - however the service is very impersonal. On check out the receptionist did not even smile or make conversation or ask me how my stay was. He did not even close the conversation and just sat there shuffling paperwork - I had to ask him if that was the transaction over and he just said yes and got up and walked away - very rude I thought.

my company paid 2350 AED per night for one of their suites which was rather a lot - the "suite" was very tired and worn and badly needed redecorating. It certainly wasn't one of the nice rooms they display on their website. I booked a non smoking but on arrival they only had smoking rooms - yuck.

Restaurants are nice but pricey - Amalfi lovely place with nice staff (perhaps they should send some of their staff to work on reception).

Room Service - ok and nice enough food but they didnt collect the tray and it was still there 24 hours later.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel based on cost and customer service. Stay at the Beach Rotana if you want more friendly staff and nicer rooms for a lot less money.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business