“Great value love it here”

Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #59 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Great value love it here”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here for a short break and had a wonderful time. The staff are so friendly and accommodate your every need. We had our room upgraded at no extra cost and had a sea/pool view on the 5th floor. Nice white fluffy towels along with dressing gowns, slippers & toiletries. Also complimentary tea, coffee and water left in the room everyday.

The buffet breakfast was very good and the egg station is great for omlettes, fried eggs and crepes. Something for everyone.

The pools are wonderful and although the beach is small it's more than adequate, the sun beds are very comfortable and there's plenty of them along with tikis & parasols.

The spa is also very nice although we spent most of our time outside but nice to have the choice.
The hotel is very close to the mall which is an added bonus.
I'd happily return here I've only been home a day and I miss it already :-( must add , the bed was soooo comfortable I slept very well.

1 Thank zand2yk
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear zand2yk,

We sincerely appreciate you for leaving a comment behind following your stay with Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We are glad to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the amenities that came with your upgraded room. Moreover, we are pleased to know that our facilities were to your liking and taste. Comments like this motivate us to strive even harder to please and exceed the need of every guest.

One of the advantages of our location is the proximity within shopping and touristic attractions and I am happy to know that our hotel was convenient for your travelling needs.

We would love to welcome you back with open arms to our home in the near future.

Nemo Acimovic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Baghdad, Iraq
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have stayed here twice - once because I flew to Dubai, and someone who shall remain nameless, booked Le Meridien in Abu Dhabi!

On the map, I chose this place because of the location. It has a beautiful lobby, airy and spacious and cool, and a little snack bar under a beautiful stained glass skylight. As others have commented, it is big enough to have the facilities but not so large you feel lost in a large metropolis - and again agreeing with other reviewers, it is close to its own private beach and very sensibly laid out. A nice cocktail bar exists plus a sports bar for those who like their F1.

The food really is lovely, staff have a courteous personal touch t the Nth degree and several nights a week they have specials - I admit I indulged on the steak and seafood night twice! Shops and facilities are just across the way on the roundabout, there's an Abu Dhabi Co-op (department store) which is surprisingly good if you've forgotten swimming trunks, plus the huge Abu dhabi mall is less than 5 minutes away along with some clubs and pubs next door.

It has a lovely Old Colonial feel to it from the old days of the Trucial States - at one point it was one of only three hotels in AD. Taxis are relatively cheap and affordable, bus services are fast and regular once you get your head around them, plenty of eateries and the seafront itself is a short walk away through some pleasant public gardens.

As others have observed, paying a little extra for a Club room really is worth it with the morning buffet light breakfast, mid afternoon snacks and cocktails and late night happy hours. You also get free use of the spa facilities, as well as a decent gym.The room was beautifully appointed and plush with TV, wi-fi and a wonderful hot power-shower. Once I paid for a sea view and the other I was facing the lights of the roundabout at night which was prettier than you think - loved it both times.

Seems good for families too, I met plenty on the Club Bar balcony, and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others. I sort of agree that here and there it is very very slightly fraying at the edges, but this appears to be manages and gives it a human touch the steel-and-chrome business hotels downtown simply don't have. Yes, I'll go there again... you might even see me there!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nigel 'Steff' P
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Nigel 'Steff' P,

My colleagues and I would like to thank you for taking the time to pen down your experiences and valuable feedback to us, which we really appreciate. It is gratifying to hear that you enjoyed the services and facilities of the hotel.
Our commitment is to offer the best service as possible and your review is a great testimony that shows that we are succeeding in our mission. And we will keep on offering this highest quality service.
We will be more than happy to welcome you for your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Hull
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed here for one night on a visit to Abu Dhabi. It's a lovely hotel and the staff are very welcoming. The facilities are good and the pools are lovely. We did think it could do with a little maintenance however... A lick of paint and maybe a bit of an update. But other than that it is a good hotel. We ate breakfast in the restaurant which was nice and had a wide selection. The comfy bed was just what we needed after a night out in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lizzibHull
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Dear lizzibHull,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Le Méridien Abu Dhabi is not new, but we keep it well-maintained and we try to make our guests feel at home.
We are glad to hear that you have appreciated the room, pools and the breakfast. Be sure your remarks have been shared with our associates.
We sincerely look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Booked the hotel via British Airways with my Avios points. I really wanted a Club Room at whichever hotel we decided on and there was no comparison with the value for money with this hotel against any other. The reviews worried me a little, especially about the smoking as my other half is very anti smoking-I didn't share my concerns I have to admit. But there was nothing at all to worry about on that score.
Hotel is rated as 5 star and I am sure it is but is not really comparable with for example the Intercontinental or the Shangri-La to name just 2. Nowhere near as flash and glitzy, but having said that it was lovely. And although it didn't have that wow factor it had absolutely everything we wanted. The pools were lovely, we especially liked the quiet pool which we had to ourselves most of the time. The food was very good and not overpriced, the Club Rooms were spacious and very well presented and the service exceptional-especially from Gerard when I had a query on my Starwards Points. Definitely book the upgrade to a Club room-late check out, afternoon snacks and a happy 2 hours with alcoholic drinks and canapés included. The service in the club lounge was exceptional too.
All in all a brilliant time was had and would have no qualms in recommending the hotel to anyone. Well done Le Meridien!!

Room Tip: Go for the Club rooms with pool and sea view
Dear luxuryholidaymaker,

Thank you very much for sharing your views and kind comments of our hotel.
Le Méridien Abu Dhabi was indeed one of the first built in town, and is a 4 stars hotel. We believe it’s a comfortable hotel with a lot of character and it offers various attractions to our guests. We are glad that you found the club room comfortable and enjoyed using our facilities.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was my first time to Abu Dhabi - so I took a guess and chose a hotel close to the main shopping centre .. but after staying here ... I would recommend the Le Meridien to anyone.

This is an older hotel - 35yrs old - but shows no sign of age. The lobby is spacious and airy, with a modern middle eastern decor. The pool area was under renovations - but it was very well laid out and the hotel has its own private beach.

The hotel is not too big - so it suited us very well. It had the right size and facilities for us with a selection of restaurants, a live cluib venue and disco behind the pool bar - which made it far enough away fromt he room areas.

The breakfast buffet was first class with a great selection of food and a fresh cooked eggs in any style.

We were offered an upgrade when we arrived and I am so glad we took it - for a little more we got a club room with free cocktails and WiFi.

The hotel is right next door to a whole bunch of restaurants and clubs as well as the huge Abu Dhai Shopping Mall and cinema complex.

All in all a very good stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If offered an upgrade to the club floor - would recommed you take it.
1 Thank Arthur058
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Arthur058,

Thank you for your detailed review following your stay with Le Méridien Abu Dhabi.
We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our food and beverage outlets in the village, the breakfast buffet and the facilities. We are also happy to hear that the club room was to your liking following an upgrade. The location of our property is also a main plus to all touristic attractions and shopping districts which makes it convenient for our guests to venture around the city.

Thank you for recommending our home, we are delighted that you liked the character of our property.
We sincerely look forward to welcome you back to Le Méridien Abu Dhabi on your next visit to this fantastic city.

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night before flying out of Abu Dhabi. I can imagine this was once an absolutely top class hotel, but sadly it's age is now showing and it is due a renovation. My room was fine but quite small, and was clean enough. The bar outside was great, and very lively, and all the staff were friendly and professional. Overall it was good, but not great.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeremy L
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Jeremy L,

Thank You for leaving a feedback following your stay with Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the outside bar, as always it’s a lively in the evening with a sociable atmosphere.
Le Méridien Abu Dhabi is deemed as an aged structure compared to newer hotels in the city, however many guests still admire the charm and character of this property. Moreover, you may be pleased to hear that renovation developments are planned in our establishment.

We hope to sincerely welcome you again to Le Méridien Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We thought we'd visit the hotel so we could try out a couple of the bars and an hour or so later we walks away just feeling very confused by our experience.

As we approached the doors, I would like to say I was mistaken in thinking the doormen deliberately ignored us but I don't have any alternative explanation. They carried on what must have been a very interesting conversation but completely failed to recognise the fact that 'they' are the first impression anyone gets of the hotel and must try harder. However, in their defence, they weren't alone and probably don't know any better ... Based on the experiences that we were then dealt.

We wanted a drink and perhaps a shish and were eventually pointed the direction of the Lebanese restaurant. There was a private gathering due to start within an hour but the staff kindly let us in as we said we'd only be half an hour. A bizarre set of circumstances followed where we order drinks and the shish and nothing happened for 15 minutes apart from them pouring us water. On confirming with them that we had ordered, they asked 'do we want to order?' So we ordered again and minutes later another member of staff asked us whether we wanted to order. I again asked them to confirm we had ordered a shish and drinks and again this member of staff asked 'what do we want to order?'. Needless to say we walked out in all the confusion and headed to the English bar. It was pretty characterless and so had a drink and thought we'd cut our losses and return to our hotel.

On leaving a staff member told us that in the Thai restaurant we could order a shish so we headed there instead of leaving and on arrival were told that they never serve shish's after 11pm. Odd, since another staff member had sent us and either he didn't know this information or we were just fed this info by the lady staff member in the Thai. It was already clear what her feelings were to us as she reluctantly agreed to serve a drink each to us. We declined the drink and headed out.

I've tried to piece together this strange sequence of events. We were a polite group of three - two gents and a lady - and walked out of the doors (past the non caring and still chatting doormen) and left rather bewildered. I have experience of other Meridiens and this just come up to scratch. Such a shame!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Butangkawi
Dear Butangkawi,

First and foremost, thank you for leaving a feedback on Tripadvisor. I am concerned about the comments raised about your visit to the restaurants. At Le Méridien Abu Dhabi we ensure that our hotel/restaurant guests are always treated with best customer service. We sincerely apologize for the service shortfalls you experienced. Rest assured, we will forward this to the relevant departments in order to prevent them from recurring .

I hope your experience will not deter you to return to one of our outlets in the future and that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and ensure you of our best services.
Yours Sincerely