“Great value on the beach close to the city centre.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Abu Dhabi

Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #62 of 131 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
South U.K.
“Great value on the beach close to the city centre.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Probably like a lot of readers, I wondered just how realistic the reviews were. It was pleasant to find find out on arrival they were pretty accurate. Sure, this is an older hotel but with a very warm friendly feel to it. The rooms are fine (non smoking floor) with modern bathrooms, very comfy beds, free wifi etc. There is a green courtyard off the lobby leading to the beach. This is surrounded mainly on one side by a 'village' of bars and restaurants. Books of vouchers are free giving 2 for 1 meals and drinks. Good value. Surprisingly quiet, no building sites yet, but looks like future development on each side. The Abu Dhabi Mall is 5 min walk away with an option of cheap eats on the top floor.A bit dusty at the extremes of the building and a coat of paint would help here and there. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phuqnose
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Phuqnose,

I am delighted to hear that you had such a good time at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. Thank you very much for your review. It fills our hearts with joy to read that our guests feel relaxed in our hotel. I’m glad that you liked the beach, the facilities and the room. I am happy to learn that you have used the “2 for 1” vouchers in Le Méridien Entertainment Guide, they are indeed a good value for money. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in the future.

Nemo ACIMOVIC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business. Had a club room which was dark and musty. Bed was comfy though. The Club lounge is nothing special. Breakfast buffet was average and service a little spotty. What I saw of the pool was not particularly inviting - one end was cordoned off with hazard tape! Glad I was not paying - there are far superior hotels in AD now.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear b19jfm,

Thank You for taking your time to post your thoughts. We strive hard to provide our guests a comfortable and memorable stay. We regret to learn you did not have the experience you were expecting at our hotel.
Le Méridien Abu Dhabi has been in existence for the past 33 years, providing proficient customer care to discerning guests, who also have enjoyed its allure and indulged on same even though there have been newer taller structures that came into co existence in this magnificent city. We sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to delight you on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Lyon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was in the PJ last week and had a great time with my friends. They have different types of beers, live music and friendly staffs. Unfortunately, I had a little incident where I lost one of my valuable earring and i was pessimistic that i am gonna find it. However, the assistant bar manager, Mahesh helped me out to look for it along with some other people. I was impressed with all their initiative and the willingness to help their guests. At the end, not long after I left the bar, I got a call that they found my earring. I was happy cos it is still in a good condition and finally I went home with a smile. Thanks to all the bar staffs. :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear ib_siska2005,

Thank you very much for you review on Tripadvisor.
P.J.O'Reilly's is an Irish pub in Le Royal Méridien. It’s indeed a nice pub with good food and great atmosphere.
We shall pass on your kind words to Le Royal Méridien colleagues who will be delighted to hear them.
I also invite you to leave your valuable feedback in their tripadvisor page.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I selected this hotel as I wanted to spend a weekend on a beach hotel. The value I got was good. I requested for a Kingsize bed room during booking but when I arrived, I was told that there was no availability in a non-smoking room. I had to take a smoking room and when I entered the room, I found the lingering smell of cigarrate smoke quite difficult. I would have been quite happy if my initial booking request was met by the hotel - especially as I had booked the room with a child with me.
The room was dark and gloomy although decorated with paintings and wall hangings. Windows were shaded and there is a warning not to open the windows to let fresh air in as otherwise humidity could raise false fire alarm! I really didnot have a good time inside the room.
The pool was private and nice with a separate pool for kids. It also has a good number of options of restaurants as well.
The beach is small and actually a narrow pool of water. You see more concrete structures from the beach than the open sea.
I was offered a voucher for a complimentary fruit platter and coffee for 2 at their cafe. I seems a good surprise addon by the hotel worth mentioning and I was quite happy.
The location is good and adjacent to the mall.
If you are not planning much time inside the hotel rooms, I feel this is a good hotel providing value for money. But seriously not for spending leisourly family time inside the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gautam S
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Gautam S,

Thank you for taking your time to pen down your thoughts following your stay with Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the pools, restaurants, the offerings from the complimentary voucher at Al Finjan and our location. However, I apologize for the experience with regards to the smell of cigarettes you encountered with your room.

I hope you will provide us another opportunity to serve you again in our home.

Vevey, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

A little bit away from the hub, on a strange little beach (surrounded by building sites while we were there), it proved the perfect stopover. The room was perfect but nothing special, the staff courteous and helpful, the decor a bit dull, but clean. The best bit was the choice of restaurants on the site for the evening, after a swim in the Persian Gulf - no need to cross roads or pay exorbitant prices to get to the beach, no need to head out in search of a restaurant there is a choice of 14 on the spot AND a wonderful cocktail bar offering the best mojito in the world! In any case it was charmingly prepared with local products and was ideal cure for jetlag. All that with prices that you won't find elsewhere- a basic G+T cost 3 times as much!

Room Tip: I think all must offer comparable advantages
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear easygoing003

We appreciate you for leaving a review following your stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you had a worthwhile stopover in Abu Dhabi and Thank You for choosing Le Méridien Abu Dhabi.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed the array of restaurants on offer, the cocktails from Wakataua and the room.
Abu Dhabi is a busy metropolis consisting of ongoing construction works, therefore witnessing structures/construction sites around you is a common sight especially around this location.

We look forward to welcome you back to our home in the near future.

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here in September 2012 visiting for a family birthday, Stayed for 2 weeks and although the hotel seems a bit dated compared to some of the more fantastic hotels in Abu Dhabi it was a very pleasurable experience. Staff very helpful, breakfasts, excellent, rooms adequate but you are not spending all day in your room. If you want to try some of the more upmarket hotels go to them for dinner or a drink. We visited Emirates Palace for cocktails. Excellent hotel. The more modern hotels will date someday too !!!

Room Tip: Sea view is much quiter not facing traffic.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ViniReilly
Dear ViniReilly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience after your stay with Le Méridien
Abu Dhabi. Despite a qualm mindset we are glad that you chose us over other new structures in Abu Dhabi. We are also happy to read that our associated were helpful and friendly. At
Le Méridien Abu Dhabi we strive to please and exceed guest expectation and we are happy that we have served you in our home.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here for a short break and had a wonderful time. The staff are so friendly and accommodate your every need. We had our room upgraded at no extra cost and had a sea/pool view on the 5th floor. Nice white fluffy towels along with dressing gowns, slippers & toiletries. Also complimentary tea, coffee and water left in the room everyday.

The buffet breakfast was very good and the egg station is great for omlettes, fried eggs and crepes. Something for everyone.

The pools are wonderful and although the beach is small it's more than adequate, the sun beds are very comfortable and there's plenty of them along with tikis & parasols.

The spa is also very nice although we spent most of our time outside but nice to have the choice.
The hotel is very close to the mall which is an added bonus.
I'd happily return here I've only been home a day and I miss it already :-( must add , the bed was soooo comfortable I slept very well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zand2yk
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear zand2yk,

We sincerely appreciate you for leaving a comment behind following your stay with Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We are glad to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the amenities that came with your upgraded room. Moreover, we are pleased to know that our facilities were to your liking and taste. Comments like this motivate us to strive even harder to please and exceed the need of every guest.

One of the advantages of our location is the proximity within shopping and touristic attractions and I am happy to know that our hotel was convenient for your travelling needs.

We would love to welcome you back with open arms to our home in the near future.