“Great service, very good dining, staff responsiveness beyond all expectations”

Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #65 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It was my 1st time in Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, earlier I had stayed in other hotels, all from Starwood chain. I have chosen it because this time I have taken family to accompany me on my business trip. Booking was done via official web site of SPG.
As usually for UAE we landed early in the morning and we were at front desk already at 9.00 am, 5 hours before regular check in time. No problem, the room waited for us and we could move in immediately. I had indeed asked in advance for this favour, so hotel was aware of our situation.
Resort itself is an old lady, however I prefer those type of hotel, still having some spirit and charm and this way distinct from depersonalised skyscrapers - nowadays hotels in Abu Dhabi. Nevertheless, although celebrating 35 years in 2014, this hotel is one of the best choices for stay in Abu Dhabi, specially when travelling for leisure.
Rooms are spacious, very clean. Lobby decoration cute and atmosphere very nice.
Breakfast is amazing, not only the incredible choice but quality of all food is really top. We also had 2 times dinner - buffet evening in Le Bistro. The seafood buffet is worth every penny although not cheap. Lobsters, scampi, gamberi, salads, sushi, vegetable, mezze, cold fish dishes....There was no problem to fetch some lobster tails and send them via room service to our room - at no extra costs. Big thanks to manager on duty (chief of service ?), very nice and highly professional Anastasios from Greece. Congratulations also for "food court", really rarely we experienced so rich and "unindustrialised" food in mass hotel.
All, but really all staff in all restaurants and bistros, at pool bar in Club Lounge is just amazing. Friendly, professional and addressing guests needs at every moment. I admired them a lot for their extreme patience with some agency guests, who behaved for 1* motel level, taking breakfast food, hidden in PVC bags from restaurant and being on the top very rude to waiters and cooks. Maybe that is why hotel is slightly more convenient for tourists and shoppers than business guys - although I had few meetings in the Club lounge which is remoted from crowd and with limited access.
The last but not least recognition to front desk personnel, mostly to Mrs. Rita. Professional, helpful and efficient all the time. When something goes wrong others call her.

Room Tip: Take a room at Club level, it is really worth it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
NemoAcimovic, General Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Dvorjanka1,

Thank you for taking the time to write another review. We are thrilled to know that you and your family had a pleasant stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We appreciate very much your comments regarding our associates and the service you received. It is always very rewarding to read such a positive review. It is our desire to make our guests feel at home in our hotel. Your kind words will be shared with our associates.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Nemo ACIMOVIC

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We booked 5 months ahead and paid for a Deluxe city view double room. We arrived late a night and very tired so went to our room. Single beds ( didn't matter that much) and went immediately to sleep. Woke the next morning to view the city, a flat white roof, large power lines and some tower buildings in the distance! Down to the desk and politely raved on. Booking clerk ummed and ahhed and found us a view of the garden, so we packed and left for our tour, returned and went to our room with the garden view...a large white roof, BUT when I squished into the absolute corner of the window I could see a corner of the garden. Could I be bothered going down again and arguing NO I was hot and tired so left it at that. However I would not stay there again should I ever return to Abu Dhabi. Try to find local food on the buffet, not a hope!

Room Tip: Good luck on that !!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DesertLoverVictoria,

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with regards to your stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

The available views are indeed different from one room to another. I suggest you try and contact me directly when planning your next visit and we hope to be able to assist with this, availability permitting. Local food is available in our hotel, from time to time, but we are currently working together with Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority on making this a more of a permanent feature both in our all day dining venue and in-room dining facility. Once again thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve on our services.

Present feelings considered, we would be more than happy to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have been travelling for business to Abu Dhabi for 3 years and always try to stay in this hotel.
This is one of the earliest hotels in Abu Dhabi and therefore has a slightly more dated look than more recent places - but this is a small compromise to all the other advantages. The gym is great with modern equipment, pool, beach and a choice of 7 places to eat in the Tourist Club (part of the Meridien Complex). It is within walking distance to Abu Dhabi Mall and all amenities.
Breakfast is excellent; WiFi is good everywhere in the hotel and the club area offers a great service all day long (especially from 7-9 pm!).

Room Tip: Get a room away from the Tourist Club area as the music could be loud!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Plakias,

Thank you very much for sharing your views and kind comments of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy the services provided to our guests and are happy that you found the gym, Le Meridien Village and Club Lounge at your convenience.
It will truly be a pleasure for us to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I recently stayed here for one night, making a last minute booking via booking.com. I did the obligatory checks prior to booking, and all seemed ok- so imagine my disappointment when I arrived to find a very dated, shabby and slightly creepy hotel. Booking a Le Meridien I expected much more, but as a basic I would have expected a much higher standard of cleanliness. Having booked 2 double rooms we were let down almost immediately when we were told that we had been allocated 2 twin rooms, as there were no doubles available, furthermore we had a fight on our hands to get breakfast as the hotel had no details of this addition to our booking. A note to the manager should you be reading this- I would be happy to provide the name of the dreadful member of staff who checked us in- and seemingly had no interest in us, or any idea what he was doing. Due to the shabbiness of the room I did contemplate requesting a room change, but having been told the hotel was full I didn't waste my time. The stay was then topped off when my firend who was also staying was told that she would need to pay and additional fee as the fee charged for the room (via booking.com) was not enough- clearly we contested this and they waived the fee (after a bit of an argument). So, in conclusion, I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend to anyone visiting Abu Dhabi. I think this is a real detriment to the Le Meridien group, and the website is very misleading.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah1232
NemoAcimovic, General Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Sarah1232,

Thank you for your observations and comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment experienced, we strive hard to provide our guests a comfortable and memorable stay. We regret to learn you did not have the experience you were expecting at our hotel.
Normally we endeavor to provide exceptional guest care and would like to mention the difficulties experienced are not a normal reflection of our usual high standard of customer service.
However, please know that the issues you have raised have been addressed and appropriate action have been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in future.

We hope that we would have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and ensure you of our best services.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed there for 21 days, The hotel is old not new , It is resort with good facilities such as swimming pools , tennis court , gym and spa . free jacuzzi and turkish path . breakfast is very good . hotel location is very good near to abu dhabi mall .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sherif f
NemoAcimovic, General Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear sherif f,

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. I’m happy to learn that the facilities made your stay pleasant and that the location was at your convenience. Be assured that your positive feedback about the breakfast at La Brasserie will be forwarded to the Chefs.
We look very much forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is our 3rd visit here the last being in 2012 the night we arrived we were recognized by Hosney who gave us all a big hug and welcome back. As did the 3 musketeers of the beech hut bar Hany with his great big welcoming smile along with Del war and Joel who looked after us fantastically on those long hot beautiful days... over our visits here we have met families who come back year after year and this year is no exception if you want a great visit in a great location (shopping mall 5 mins walk for those of you who don't do enough at home !!!) this hotel is for you, very kid friendly, safe and relaxed and if you don't want to leave the front door you don't have to as you have all the restaurants you need in one place the buffet is excellent with various themed night in my case the BBQ night....
As always you can pick holes in anything as you can see below yes the rooms are small but big enough to sleep in !!! Yes the hotel to could do with a make over but the staff and service more than make up for it.
If you visit once you will visit again.
Hope you enjoy your visit see you all again next year.
Regards
The Walkers

Room Tip: We had a club room but to be honest the rooms below are exactly the same
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark W

Dear Mark W,

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with regards to your stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. It is a real pleasure to read your kind comments, and I am sure our associates will be delighted with them. We take this opportunity to thank you for patronizing Le Méridien Abu Dhabi and look forward to welcome you back to our home for your next visit in Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is an old hotel. There are photos of Sheikh Zayed and Queen Elizabeth from 35 years ago when the hotel opened - of note is this was before either had grey hair.

The age does show. The rooms are small for Abu Dhabi (many of the newer hotels have rooms that are at least 50% bigger). The decor is reasonable and probably does not need to be refreshed. It seems to be well maintained - everything worked well.

Many restaurants to choose from, but the packages usually include the buffet restaurant. Breakfast selection is big for most places but small for Abu Dhabi. It is good enough.

And … it is difficult to get to because of the road construction outside.

But it is conveniently located next to Abu Dhabi Mall (about a 5 minute walk).

Now … the staff are wonderful, and the concierge are some of the best in the world at giving service. The staff bring the rating of this hotel up.

Reasonable value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 3rd floor or higher - second floor is a little too close to ground noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TypeYourNameHere

Dear TypeYourNameHere,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. It is very important to us to receive our guests’ feedback in order to constantly improve on our services. The quality of service is one of our key assets at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi and I’m delighted to read your comments about the friendliness of our associates. Please rest assured that we will pass on your comments.

We will be more than happy to welcome you for your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Yours Sincerely,