“Perfect if you are on a tight budget”

Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #63 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect if you are on a tight budget”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Looking up the hotels around Abu Dhabi, one will be challenged to find a very good deal. We stayed there for one night, and felt really happy about our decision. As you enter, the staff are very friendly and especially the guy who took care of us at the front desk (Gerald). The place is old, and preserves this oasis/desert feeling which is nice. The rooms are ok, but at least clean which is very important. The hotel offers a wide variety of outdoor pubs and restaurants, which serves really good food. The pool area is nice but needs to be cleaned more frequently as it's surrounded by trees and you find lots of fallen things inside the pool, yet not too dirty. The Spa is where i had the best time in this hotel, it's a free entry health club with saunas and an aqua-medical pool which is wonderful to spend some relaxing time there. The beach is ok but again this hotel is located around a lagoon. However, the hotel is perfectly located for tourists who would like to explore the city and it's very close to Abu Dhabi Mall and the corniche.

In a conclusion, if you are looking for something nice and clean with an affordable budget, i highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ramzberry
NemoAcimovic, General Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Ramzi A,

My colleagues and I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I’m happy to learn that the service of our staff met your expectations and that the facilities, specially the spa, made your stay pleasant. Our commitment is to offer the best service as possible and your review is a great testimony that shows that we are succeeding in our mission. Regarding the leaves falling in the pool your comment is noted and communicated to the concerned department.
We will be more than happy to welcome you for your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Nemo ACIMOVIC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Clean, comfortable, stylish and overall good value for money. The staff are friendly, helpful and attentive. Rooftop pool and spa facilities is an attractive bonus. Will certainly book again and can thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floor level if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NemoAcimovic, General Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Stephen G,

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with regards to your stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. It is a real pleasure to read your kind comments, and I am sure our associates will be delighted with them. We look forward to welcome you back to our home for your next visit in Abu Dhabi.

DUBAI
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice property , for business travellers, its good hotel as it is located in the center of the city. Nice elegant environment though staff needs to well trained and elevated. The rooms facing the sea is excellent , with additinal payment you can opt for club royal rooms, excellent.

Room Tip: rooms facing sea are excellent
Dear PRATHAPA,

Thank you very much for sharing your views and kind comments of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed our facilities and location. It will truly be a pleasure for us to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very nice hotel, very friendly staff, good location. Spa is great and 'village area' is fantastic. nice clean and warm atmosphere. Overall better for holiday than business trips. Great selection of bars and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NemoAcimovic, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear LondonXYZ1973,

It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for your comments about the ambiance of our hotel; we very much believe that Le Méridien Village is indeed a lovely place to spend a good time with friends and family. I am also very happy to learn that the staff were able to provide you with the service level that you expected.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again in the future.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in in Abu Dhabi. There are tons of other hotels around that are SPG or others that are way better. This is a hotel run by inefficient staff. When I booked a hotel room, I received a confirmation for a double bed / non-smoking. I arrived at night and they said the only room they had was a twin beds / smoking. I said this is unacceptable since it may be inadequate for my health. I went with it because it was late at night. For the subsequent two days, I asked them in the morning to send me a hotel taxis to the hotel to pick me up. Twice, the taxi was late 50 minutes. I had a plane to catch in the afternoon, so I rushed to the hotel and asked them to prepare my stored luggage and my bill before I get to the hotel. I got there, the bell boy was away on break. I waited 20 minutes, until I personally entered the luggage rooms to get my luggage. I complained to the hotel manager, I received the following response. For the transportation:
"Car on site could prove to be unpredictable at times" - although I booked it in the morning;
"We would never deliberately jeopardize any of our guests’ health" - that's ridiculous, them giving me a smoking room does just that. They offered me an upgrade.

Don't go to this hotel. The rooms themselves are old, the hotel is old. Go to other SPG hotels which are cheaper and nicer (Royal Meridien, Aloft, etc.)

Room Tip: Just don't choose any room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear John A,

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with regards to your stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi one more time. Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered whilst at the hotel.
Please be assured that all your remarks are taken into consideration and communicated to the concerned department. I also take on board your comment and it was certainly not our intention to offend in any way.

Present feelings considered, I hope you will provide us another opportunity to serve you again.

Yours Sincerely,
Nemo Acimovic
Belfast
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We spent 10 nights in the hotel recently staying in a Royal Club room which was definitely worth the additional cost - breakfast to suit all tastes and nationalities, tea, coffee juices and biscuits from 9.00am and sandwiches, fruit + pasties from 3 to 5pm, then cocktails, drinks, canapes and snacks from 7 to 9pm. Use of 2 computers all ably assisted by friendly staff, use of spa and dry cleaning of clothes.The hotel is 35 years old and has all the charm and history of a bygone area when guests were treated well and service was optimum. I had make several special requests by email before arriving which were all met. Our room which was overlooking the garden/pool area was always kept clean and tidy with fresh flowers being left every other day.The pool area was great and the beach was ideal for late afternoon sun. The Meridian Village with all the restaurants and bars was also an added advantage and a stroll to the Abu Dhabi Mall was great for a spot of retail therapy and get money changed. Taxis were always available to take you all over Abu Dhabi - it is not a walking city at this time of year with temperatures hitting 40 degrees.. There are other newer blingier hotels in Abu Dhabi but although they may look super they are sadly missing in atmosphere and charm. I would definitely stay at Le Meridian when visiting Abu Dhabi again.

Room Tip: Royal Club rooms with garden/ pool view are great.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BelfastTeresa
NemoAcimovic, General Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear BelfastTeresa,

We sincerely thank you for taking your time to pen down your thoughts on Le Méridien Abu Dhabi.
I am delighted that you found our hotel’s location convenient, the staff friendly and the facilities to your liking.
Please be sure that your words will be shared with our associates. We are also delighted to read that you liked the character of our hotel. Indeed we have celebrated the 35th anniversary of the hotel and we believe it is a comfortable hotel with a lot of character as you pointed out rightly.

We look forward to welcome you back to our home soon upon your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Yours Sincerely,
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It was my 1st time in Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, earlier I had stayed in other hotels, all from Starwood chain. I have chosen it because this time I have taken family to accompany me on my business trip. Booking was done via official web site of SPG.
As usually for UAE we landed early in the morning and we were at front desk already at 9.00 am, 5 hours before regular check in time. No problem, the room waited for us and we could move in immediately. I had indeed asked in advance for this favour, so hotel was aware of our situation.
Resort itself is an old lady, however I prefer those type of hotel, still having some spirit and charm and this way distinct from depersonalised skyscrapers - nowadays hotels in Abu Dhabi. Nevertheless, although celebrating 35 years in 2014, this hotel is one of the best choices for stay in Abu Dhabi, specially when travelling for leisure.
Rooms are spacious, very clean. Lobby decoration cute and atmosphere very nice.
Breakfast is amazing, not only the incredible choice but quality of all food is really top. We also had 2 times dinner - buffet evening in Le Bistro. The seafood buffet is worth every penny although not cheap. Lobsters, scampi, gamberi, salads, sushi, vegetable, mezze, cold fish dishes....There was no problem to fetch some lobster tails and send them via room service to our room - at no extra costs. Big thanks to manager on duty (chief of service ?), very nice and highly professional Anastasios from Greece. Congratulations also for "food court", really rarely we experienced so rich and "unindustrialised" food in mass hotel.
All, but really all staff in all restaurants and bistros, at pool bar in Club Lounge is just amazing. Friendly, professional and addressing guests needs at every moment. I admired them a lot for their extreme patience with some agency guests, who behaved for 1* motel level, taking breakfast food, hidden in PVC bags from restaurant and being on the top very rude to waiters and cooks. Maybe that is why hotel is slightly more convenient for tourists and shoppers than business guys - although I had few meetings in the Club lounge which is remoted from crowd and with limited access.
The last but not least recognition to front desk personnel, mostly to Mrs. Rita. Professional, helpful and efficient all the time. When something goes wrong others call her.

Room Tip: Take a room at Club level, it is really worth it
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dvorjanka1,

Thank you for taking the time to write another review. We are thrilled to know that you and your family had a pleasant stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We appreciate very much your comments regarding our associates and the service you received. It is always very rewarding to read such a positive review. It is our desire to make our guests feel at home in our hotel. Your kind words will be shared with our associates.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.