“Great deal Great service”

Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #60 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Great deal Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Another of my favorites. The staff works extra hard to stay on top of the newer competition in the city - and they succeed! As a frequent traveler I was greeted by name and upgraded to an awesome room even though my company requires me to book the cheapest pre-paid rates. And the summer rates are fantastic. 5 of 5!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike M
NemoAcimovic, General Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Mike M,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your very positive review of Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. It is such a pleasure to know that you have had a memorable experience at our hotel. I’m happy to learn that the service of our staff met your expectations and that the facilities made your stay pleasant. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with our associates. We will be more than happy to welcome you for your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Nemo ACIMOVIC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

For me, what makes a hotel enjoyable is the people that runs the place and on this subject, Le Meridien Abu dhabi is just EXCELLENT! It is located very near the Abu Dhabi mall, en Al Zahiyah, and this is already very convenient.

The rooms are large and clean, although I agree that they need a little bit of renovation. There is a wonderful Spa, swiming pool and private beach at the back of the hotel and this is awesome and very convenient. The staff in the pool are really helpful and accommodating. At some point I got approached to check if the volume of the music in the pool area was good enough for me since I was reading.

The breakfast is very varied and also very detailed. The staff in the breakfast room was friendly and always with a great smile. There was a girl from the Philippines and a guy from Serbia that remembered us daily and greeted us with a nice smile!

Also, I have to mention the cleaner of our room, he was OUTSTANDING! he noticed every single detail of our daily routine and adjusted his work to our needs, He left more bottles of complimentary water because we finished the ones provided the first day. We turned the A/C to a certain temperature and that was how we found it every single day.We stayed for a week in room 439 and this was very much appreciated!

Also they have a lively courtyard where the restaurants and English pub are so during the evening it is very nice to go for a drink and socialize. All in all and excellent choice, I would definitely stay here again if I am ever back to Abu Dhabi!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Libredon,

My colleagues and I would like to thank you for your kind review of Le Méridien Abu Dhabi.
I’m happy to learn that the service of our staff met your expectations and that the facilities made your stay pleasant. Be assured that your positive feedback about the breakfast at La Brasserie will be forwarded to the team members. The quality of service and our associates are our key assets at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi and I’m delighted to read your comments about the friendliness of our associates. Please rest assured that we will pass on your comments. We will be more than happy to welcome you for your next visit to Abu Dhabi.
Yours Sincerely,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Looking up the hotels around Abu Dhabi, one will be challenged to find a very good deal. We stayed there for one night, and felt really happy about our decision. As you enter, the staff are very friendly and especially the guy who took care of us at the front desk (Gerald). The place is old, and preserves this oasis/desert feeling which is nice. The rooms are ok, but at least clean which is very important. The hotel offers a wide variety of outdoor pubs and restaurants, which serves really good food. The pool area is nice but needs to be cleaned more frequently as it's surrounded by trees and you find lots of fallen things inside the pool, yet not too dirty. The Spa is where i had the best time in this hotel, it's a free entry health club with saunas and an aqua-medical pool which is wonderful to spend some relaxing time there. The beach is ok but again this hotel is located around a lagoon. However, the hotel is perfectly located for tourists who would like to explore the city and it's very close to Abu Dhabi Mall and the corniche.

In a conclusion, if you are looking for something nice and clean with an affordable budget, i highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ramzi A
Dear Ramzi A,

My colleagues and I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I’m happy to learn that the service of our staff met your expectations and that the facilities, specially the spa, made your stay pleasant. Our commitment is to offer the best service as possible and your review is a great testimony that shows that we are succeeding in our mission. Regarding the leaves falling in the pool your comment is noted and communicated to the concerned department.
We will be more than happy to welcome you for your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Clean, comfortable, stylish and overall good value for money. The staff are friendly, helpful and attentive. Rooftop pool and spa facilities is an attractive bonus. Will certainly book again and can thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floor level if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NemoAcimovic, General Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Stephen G,

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with regards to your stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. It is a real pleasure to read your kind comments, and I am sure our associates will be delighted with them. We look forward to welcome you back to our home for your next visit in Abu Dhabi.

DUBAI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice property , for business travellers, its good hotel as it is located in the center of the city. Nice elegant environment though staff needs to well trained and elevated. The rooms facing the sea is excellent , with additinal payment you can opt for club royal rooms, excellent.

Room Tip: rooms facing sea are excellent
Dear PRATHAPA,

Thank you very much for sharing your views and kind comments of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed our facilities and location. It will truly be a pleasure for us to welcome you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very nice hotel, very friendly staff, good location. Spa is great and 'village area' is fantastic. nice clean and warm atmosphere. Overall better for holiday than business trips. Great selection of bars and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NemoAcimovic, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear LondonXYZ1973,

It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for your comments about the ambiance of our hotel; we very much believe that Le Méridien Village is indeed a lovely place to spend a good time with friends and family. I am also very happy to learn that the staff were able to provide you with the service level that you expected.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again in the future.

Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in in Abu Dhabi. There are tons of other hotels around that are SPG or others that are way better. This is a hotel run by inefficient staff. When I booked a hotel room, I received a confirmation for a double bed / non-smoking. I arrived at night and they said the only room they had was a twin beds / smoking. I said this is unacceptable since it may be inadequate for my health. I went with it because it was late at night. For the subsequent two days, I asked them in the morning to send me a hotel taxis to the hotel to pick me up. Twice, the taxi was late 50 minutes. I had a plane to catch in the afternoon, so I rushed to the hotel and asked them to prepare my stored luggage and my bill before I get to the hotel. I got there, the bell boy was away on break. I waited 20 minutes, until I personally entered the luggage rooms to get my luggage. I complained to the hotel manager, I received the following response. For the transportation:
"Car on site could prove to be unpredictable at times" - although I booked it in the morning;
"We would never deliberately jeopardize any of our guests’ health" - that's ridiculous, them giving me a smoking room does just that. They offered me an upgrade.

Don't go to this hotel. The rooms themselves are old, the hotel is old. Go to other SPG hotels which are cheaper and nicer (Royal Meridien, Aloft, etc.)

Room Tip: Just don't choose any room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear John A,

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with regards to your stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi one more time. Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered whilst at the hotel.
Please be assured that all your remarks are taken into consideration and communicated to the concerned department. I also take on board your comment and it was certainly not our intention to offend in any way.

Present feelings considered, I hope you will provide us another opportunity to serve you again.

Yours Sincerely,