“The Hotel is well located both in the city and on the beach at the same time.”

Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #65 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 23 November 2009

The hotel is exceptional value for money being centrally located with access to the beach from the pool area. The restaurant in the hotel is good and the breakfast buffet has lots of choice. Within the grounds, which are laid out very well, are several other restaurants giving a choice of Italian, French, Tai, and one other which we did not try. All served good food and wine at a reasonable cost. The pool, spa and fitness centre staff are good and it is well located next to the pool. The hotel is well worth the trying.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
CyrielleSoulbieu, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2011

Dear Hecky_Clecky,
I would like to express my happiness for the great times you had at our hotel. Thanks for your encouraging words. It is our duty to offer the best service to our guests and to be sure all their needs are met. Le Meridien Village is indeed very popular in Abu Dhabi as it offers different cuisines and themes.
Do visit us again and be sure we will be more than happy to take care of you again in the best of ways.

Reviewed 17 November 2009

I won a voucher to stay here suporting the hotel at a Ramadan Bazaar they held, and we went to stay for our wedding anniversary last weekend.

It took 3 attemps to have someone take the luggage from the car, my husband popped hte boot and that seemed to do the trick normally,but had to walk around and start retreiving luggagehimslef, and then 10 minutes to be able to attract attention of someone ro be able to check in for our stay, and that was when my husband said ok we will go and stay down at the Beach Rotana did we get to check in, hardly and auspicious start to a romantic weekend.

The turn down service we were supposed to have did not happen on day one and only on day 2 when I filled in the comment cards about our stay, then it was a flock of people in the room, roses, fruit basket, wine as an apology - why should this be necessary if they did their job in the first place.

Breakfast was interesting, James had fresh orange juice which was served to him,I wanted apple juice and was told it is over on the counter help yourself.

I ordered a pot of Jasmine tea, that arrived but no cup to drink it out of, until I asked for one.

Someof the hot breakfast foods were cold on day 1 and tepid on day 2,and their were flies and bugs on the uncovered cheese platter both mornings. I pointed this out and nothing was done by the staff.

The chef preparing the eggs was excellent, 2 beautifully done poached eggs, and the bread selection was good as well.
Good cereal selection but no fresh berries to go with them were available only dried apricots and dates.

I expected more overall of a 5 star hotel, ok we lived in Asia for many years and I base service on the Penninsula in Hong Kong so it is a high bench mark, but the price they charge does not reflect the service you receive.

The room is on the small size but has what you need in it, barring a dvd player.
The bed was very comfortable and were the pillowsandlinens used.

You get charged for your internet connection, and you pay 16% service charge on your mini bar, dhs11.60 for a diet coke go to the mall next door and buy it for dhs1 per can.

I know it is one of the older hotels in Abu Dhabi, but it looks tired as well, it is the little maintenance items that are not being attended too, cracks on plaster, paint spodges not removed after painting, the illuminated down lights for lifts pushed in and not working.

It made it a memorable experience for our wedding anniversary - FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear jacquiad,
We are truly sorry for the less than satisfactory experience you’ve had at our hotel. Be sure your remarks on the service were passed on to all our associates and we will take every measure possible to make sure it will not happen again. Our hotel is indeed not a new one and we are continuously trying to maintain good surroundings.
Still I am glad that you enjoyed the food and the comfortable bed in your room. We take pride of our restaurants and I’m happy you liked the live cooking station at La Brasserie. Thank you again for your comments and I hope this will not prevent you from choosing Le Meridien for your future stays in Abu Dhabi and I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2009

I was forced to stay here due to the lack of availability of hotel rooms dur to the F1 race in Dubai this week. The online photos you will see when looking up the hotel were clearly taken YEARS ago. The property dated rapidly. The walls between rooms are wafer thin. Note this is the first time that I have mentioned this as a factor in my many hotel reviews. I could hear eveything that one of my business colleagues was doing next door. That is not a nice thing to have to endure. Food was only fair. Check in staff were few and far between, so we spent 20 minutes checking in. We were upgraded due to that. I shudder to think what the original grade of room would have been like. Not the worst experience ever, but will not visit again.

1  Thank Colin_from_NY
CyrielleSoulbieu, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

Dear Colin_from_NY,
Thank you for sharing with us your comments about our hotel.
Le Meridien Abu Dhabi was indeed one of the first built in town, however we keep on maintaining it. We believe it’s comfortable hotel with a lot of character and it offers various attractions to our guests. I am really sorry that you waited at the check in, this is not usual happening generally in our hotel where our guests’ well-being is our priority. Please be assured that all your remarks are taken into consideration so if you decide to visit us again in the future we will be sure to meet with your expectations.

Reviewed 21 October 2009

Was booked into the le Merdien by the beach, on a business trip for a week. checked in at the main reception, was then told i'm in the 'Le Meridien Residense' building (next door!)
opened the door on the 3rd floor (facing the 'beach') and literally stepped into the bathroom! had to close the door to enter the room
Room is just big enough to house 1 double bed, a small round table, desk with small tv.
I don't know how anyone bigger than my size8 55kg frame can fit into the shower or sit on the toilet in the bathroom!
Room service was excellent, always on time, great food, good variety and good quality food. Buffet Breakfast is also worth it.
Swimming pool area is Very busy on the weekends! but very quiet during the week. indoor spa and hot pools were very well maintained.
Staff/Reception didn't seem to know what was happening in the hotel from one day to the next. Wedding recpetion outside, all the hotel bedroom windows! on a friday at 11pm! ear plugs required.
road works (for the upcoming gran prix) make it very difficult to access and leave during peak hours.
5min walk to abu dhabi mall and restaurants next door in the marina! great!
Would like to have seen what the main hotel building had to offer

Dear WaOzabout,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I also want to thank you for the good impressions you shared about quality of the food, the spa and the beach facilities. I am glad that you found the hotel location convenient. However I am sorry you had to face inconveniences due to the wedding organized at our hotel during your stay. And I’m happy to inform you that the access to the hotel is now much better than in the past.
The rooms of “La Residence” building which is a separate building are a lower standard and price option. It is an alternative to the higher standard rooms of the main building and not part of Le Meridien hotel. I would like you to try the rooms of the main building the next time you come visit us.

Reviewed 7 October 2009

We stayed here in September 09 for a 3 night stopover on our way home from touring five weeks through Europe. On check-in we were upgraded to a suite....and it was wonderful. The room was very spacious with a corner lounge suite and coffee table, balcony with table & chairs, king size bed with heaps of comfortable pillows, huge amount of wardrobe space, desk, and swivel tv on a unit. The bathroom was also large enough...and the frangipani flowers in the toilet bowl were a nice touch! The bed is really comfy and we slept well every night. The air-conditioning throughout the resort is excellent - we had 40 degree days! There are heaps of food options and spaces to relax with a drink around the resort. The beach is small, but there's a great pool and lots of shady areas on the grass. There is a Turkish bath, and acqua pool which is spectacular - and where we visited everyday! The staff are very friendly and efficient. The breakfast buffet also offers an egg chef who will prepare your eggs any way you like. We'll definately visit here again, and if you're considering booking at this resort then don't hesitate because it was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AverageGirl

Dear AverageGirl,
I am delighted to hear that you had such a good time at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi. Thank you very much for your review. It fills our hearts with joy to read that our guests feel relaxed and welcomed in our hotel. I’m glad that you liked the beach and the spa facilities as well as the comfort of the room. Your good words have been shared with our associates. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2009

I've not been to Abu Dhabi before. When booking a hotel, I saw that the Shangri La was available at USD350/night, and the Le-Meridien at 660USD per night (2200 AED). Preferring Starwood in general and assuming that price = quality on some level, I booked the Le Meridien. I was shocked. The hotel is run-down in general, and my room....well, let's just say a Super 8 would have been embarrassed to sell it. Small, with two twin beds. I complained to the manager, who, after saying he had nothing else available, begrudgingly produced a king room on the club floor. Better, but still tiny and run-down (had to lift the roor up with both hands to get the latch to lock.....barely enough room to navigate around the bed). I recognize that the hotel was nearly full and I understand revenue management, but Hotels need to realize that there's a limit to what you can reasonably charge for what is essentially a 2 star room.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear DC10ad,
Thanks for your review. I feel sorry you did not have the experience you were expecting at our hotel. Our hotel is not new, but we keep it well-maintained and we try to make our guests feel at home. Be sure your remarks have been shared with our associates. You can also be assured that such inconveniences will not happen the next time you will visit us.

Reviewed 27 September 2009

We stayed here for two nights on a stopover in Abu Dhabi. Given it is a "5 star" hotel and it was expensive we were very disappointed. The room was average and overlooked a uninspiring back courtyard. The whole hotel looked a little tired and in need of a makeover. Buffet breakfast offered a good selection, but once again service was only just average. It was ramadan during our stay so this may have contributed to the overall feel of the place. I wouldn't stay here again and couldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
CyrielleSoulbieu, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Dear GW33,
I feel sorry you did not enjoy yourself quite as you expected. Our hotel was one of the first hotels built in Abu Dhabi and we believe that this is what gives it a lot of charm and character. We try to offer our guests a homely feeling and a good service. The Holy month of Ramadan is indeed quieter than the rest of the year. However all our outlets are open at night and have a normal service. Your remarks have been shared internally so we would be able to make your stay really enjoyable in the future.