“Wonderful Hotel, wonderful staff!”

Le Meridien Abu Dhabi
Ranked #59 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Wonderful Hotel, wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Arrived at 3am and couldn't have been more welcoming if they tried. Hotel was lovely, the most comfortable bed and pillows I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. All the staff were amazingly helpful and always greeted us whenever we came in or left. Ideally situated, a short walk to Abu Dhabi mall and central to most areas of the city. I would most definately return to Le Meridien and highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
CyrielleSoulbieu, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Dear Happytraveller6696,
I am delighted to hear that you had such a good time in our hotel. Be sure that your good words will be passed on to our associates. We would be pleased to welcome you again in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi.
Marketing & PR Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Santorini, Greece
Reviewed 30 November 2009

We arrived on the 27 of October 2009 and stayed for 15nights
This place is really nice and the people that work here are really something! ...
as soon as we arrived (around 10pm) Younis (he is the best) checked us in a room on the 3rd floor (362) the triple room was spacious really clean and have everything you need .
we were hungry so we decided to go and have dinner in one of the hotel’s restaurant we did choose the Lebanese that was one of the best i have try .
we had lamb chops and there was also a lady dancing belly dance (is there any better way to start your holidays?)
the other day in the morning we went for breakfast, the staff in the breakfast room were the Best, especially Mia and the omelet cook (sorry I can remember his name)
breakfast had many choices but is was a little bit over priced … the best food in Abu Dhabi is the one you get in the hotel’s restaurant.
There is internet access in the room but it is a little bit pric as there is not weekly package only 24h (80dirham )
The pool is really nice, not hot but a pleasant temperature that makes you want to spend hours inside . The hotel has a great location it is close to everything and we never had problems
Parking was plentiful there was also a valet parking but we never need it. The hotel was packed the first days (because of the grand prix the same reason we went to Abu Dhabi ) The Torro Rosso team was staying here .
I did try the spa it was good. The room service and the food by the pool was great . Papagalos restaurant was really nice but I think the buffet restaurant was the best (they even have a chocolate Fontana)
I have read that other reviewers had noticed the “working “ ladies in the hotel . Yes you can see them and you can tell what they do but that occurs after 11 at night and this applies to many hotels in the area
They never bother any of the customers they are there with the local people and there is always security around them so they make sure there is no issue , I don’t think that should be a reason for families not wanting to stay here
I don’t think many families take their Children in the smoking piano bar after 11 at night anyway! (I think people under 18 are not allowed in there)
They arrange a desert safari that was a great experience .
Abu Dhabi is much more quiet , cleaner and nicer that Dubai and it is only 1.5h away (the road from Abu Dhabi to Dubai is huge! ) and the people are a lot kinder (in Abu Dhabi). The people drive like crazy but we did not find it hard so we did drive 4 times to Dubai and also went to Al Ain and Liwa desert.

A great place to stay in Abu Dhabi . Abu Dhabi is a magic city that all three of us loved and cannot wait to go back

PS
Gold and diamonds are better priced in Dubai than Abu Dhabi

• Stayed November 2009
CyrielleSoulbieu, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 May 2011
Dear Angela, Greece,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write a review of Le Meridien Abu Dhabi. Your nice words made my day! We are really happy to see that you had a nice time in our hotel and that the services we offer are appreciated. The desert safari is a great experience, I’m glad that you liked it as well as our spa and our restaurant facilities.
On another note, I would like to inform you that the Internet access is totally free in the business centre – which is open 24/7 – as well as for the Royal Club’s guests.
We will be more than happy to welcome you again in the near future.
Yorkshire
Reviewed 23 November 2009

The hotel is exceptional value for money being centrally located with access to the beach from the pool area. The restaurant in the hotel is good and the breakfast buffet has lots of choice. Within the grounds, which are laid out very well, are several other restaurants giving a choice of Italian, French, Tai, and one other which we did not try. All served good food and wine at a reasonable cost. The pool, spa and fitness centre staff are good and it is well located next to the pool. The hotel is well worth the trying.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Dear Hecky_Clecky,
I would like to express my happiness for the great times you had at our hotel. Thanks for your encouraging words. It is our duty to offer the best service to our guests and to be sure all their needs are met. Le Meridien Village is indeed very popular in Abu Dhabi as it offers different cuisines and themes.
Do visit us again and be sure we will be more than happy to take care of you again in the best of ways.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 November 2009

I won a voucher to stay here suporting the hotel at a Ramadan Bazaar they held, and we went to stay for our wedding anniversary last weekend.

It took 3 attemps to have someone take the luggage from the car, my husband popped hte boot and that seemed to do the trick normally,but had to walk around and start retreiving luggagehimslef, and then 10 minutes to be able to attract attention of someone ro be able to check in for our stay, and that was when my husband said ok we will go and stay down at the Beach Rotana did we get to check in, hardly and auspicious start to a romantic weekend.

The turn down service we were supposed to have did not happen on day one and only on day 2 when I filled in the comment cards about our stay, then it was a flock of people in the room, roses, fruit basket, wine as an apology - why should this be necessary if they did their job in the first place.

Breakfast was interesting, James had fresh orange juice which was served to him,I wanted apple juice and was told it is over on the counter help yourself.

I ordered a pot of Jasmine tea, that arrived but no cup to drink it out of, until I asked for one.

Someof the hot breakfast foods were cold on day 1 and tepid on day 2,and their were flies and bugs on the uncovered cheese platter both mornings. I pointed this out and nothing was done by the staff.

The chef preparing the eggs was excellent, 2 beautifully done poached eggs, and the bread selection was good as well.
Good cereal selection but no fresh berries to go with them were available only dried apricots and dates.

I expected more overall of a 5 star hotel, ok we lived in Asia for many years and I base service on the Penninsula in Hong Kong so it is a high bench mark, but the price they charge does not reflect the service you receive.

The room is on the small size but has what you need in it, barring a dvd player.
The bed was very comfortable and were the pillowsandlinens used.

You get charged for your internet connection, and you pay 16% service charge on your mini bar, dhs11.60 for a diet coke go to the mall next door and buy it for dhs1 per can.

I know it is one of the older hotels in Abu Dhabi, but it looks tired as well, it is the little maintenance items that are not being attended too, cracks on plaster, paint spodges not removed after painting, the illuminated down lights for lifts pushed in and not working.

It made it a memorable experience for our wedding anniversary - FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear jacquiad,
We are truly sorry for the less than satisfactory experience you’ve had at our hotel. Be sure your remarks on the service were passed on to all our associates and we will take every measure possible to make sure it will not happen again. Our hotel is indeed not a new one and we are continuously trying to maintain good surroundings.
Still I am glad that you enjoyed the food and the comfortable bed in your room. We take pride of our restaurants and I’m happy you liked the live cooking station at La Brasserie. Thank you again for your comments and I hope this will not prevent you from choosing Le Meridien for your future stays in Abu Dhabi and I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
NY
Reviewed 1 November 2009

I was forced to stay here due to the lack of availability of hotel rooms dur to the F1 race in Dubai this week. The online photos you will see when looking up the hotel were clearly taken YEARS ago. The property dated rapidly. The walls between rooms are wafer thin. Note this is the first time that I have mentioned this as a factor in my many hotel reviews. I could hear eveything that one of my business colleagues was doing next door. That is not a nice thing to have to endure. Food was only fair. Check in staff were few and far between, so we spent 20 minutes checking in. We were upgraded due to that. I shudder to think what the original grade of room would have been like. Not the worst experience ever, but will not visit again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Colin_from_NY
CyrielleSoulbieu, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Dear Colin_from_NY,
Thank you for sharing with us your comments about our hotel.
Le Meridien Abu Dhabi was indeed one of the first built in town, however we keep on maintaining it. We believe it’s comfortable hotel with a lot of character and it offers various attractions to our guests. I am really sorry that you waited at the check in, this is not usual happening generally in our hotel where our guests’ well-being is our priority. Please be assured that all your remarks are taken into consideration so if you decide to visit us again in the future we will be sure to meet with your expectations.
WA
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Was booked into the le Merdien by the beach, on a business trip for a week. checked in at the main reception, was then told i'm in the 'Le Meridien Residense' building (next door!)
opened the door on the 3rd floor (facing the 'beach') and literally stepped into the bathroom! had to close the door to enter the room
Room is just big enough to house 1 double bed, a small round table, desk with small tv.
I don't know how anyone bigger than my size8 55kg frame can fit into the shower or sit on the toilet in the bathroom!
Room service was excellent, always on time, great food, good variety and good quality food. Buffet Breakfast is also worth it.
Swimming pool area is Very busy on the weekends! but very quiet during the week. indoor spa and hot pools were very well maintained.
Staff/Reception didn't seem to know what was happening in the hotel from one day to the next. Wedding recpetion outside, all the hotel bedroom windows! on a friday at 11pm! ear plugs required.
road works (for the upcoming gran prix) make it very difficult to access and leave during peak hours.
5min walk to abu dhabi mall and restaurants next door in the marina! great!
Would like to have seen what the main hotel building had to offer

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Dear WaOzabout,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I also want to thank you for the good impressions you shared about quality of the food, the spa and the beach facilities. I am glad that you found the hotel location convenient. However I am sorry you had to face inconveniences due to the wedding organized at our hotel during your stay. And I’m happy to inform you that the access to the hotel is now much better than in the past.
The rooms of “La Residence” building which is a separate building are a lower standard and price option. It is an alternative to the higher standard rooms of the main building and not part of Le Meridien hotel. I would like you to try the rooms of the main building the next time you come visit us.
Canberra
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We stayed here in September 09 for a 3 night stopover on our way home from touring five weeks through Europe. On check-in we were upgraded to a suite....and it was wonderful. The room was very spacious with a corner lounge suite and coffee table, balcony with table & chairs, king size bed with heaps of comfortable pillows, huge amount of wardrobe space, desk, and swivel tv on a unit. The bathroom was also large enough...and the frangipani flowers in the toilet bowl were a nice touch! The bed is really comfy and we slept well every night. The air-conditioning throughout the resort is excellent - we had 40 degree days! There are heaps of food options and spaces to relax with a drink around the resort. The beach is small, but there's a great pool and lots of shady areas on the grass. There is a Turkish bath, and acqua pool which is spectacular - and where we visited everyday! The staff are very friendly and efficient. The breakfast buffet also offers an egg chef who will prepare your eggs any way you like. We'll definately visit here again, and if you're considering booking at this resort then don't hesitate because it was excellent.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AverageGirl
Dear AverageGirl,
I am delighted to hear that you had such a good time at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi. Thank you very much for your review. It fills our hearts with joy to read that our guests feel relaxed and welcomed in our hotel. I’m glad that you liked the beach and the spa facilities as well as the comfort of the room. Your good words have been shared with our associates. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in the future.