“Don't eat there” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London
“Don't eat there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Attended a Ball for 150 people.
The food they served was awful.
A back to the '60's prawn cocktail but not nearly as good a sauce.
Stringy, and teeny portion, Beef Wellington served with Bisto style gravy; barely cooked (no not al dente) carrots from the frozen packet. The vegetarian alternative was the same vegetables with a filo pastry pastie, the barely there filling was indecipherable, also one was supposed to partake of the same 'beef' gravy as for the other meal. Then some unnamable, way too sweet and weird dessert was served.
The wines were awful too.
Sorry Millennium but you have to seriously review how you cater for functions.
If you have to have your function there do a taste test first.
I can't report on the hotel rooms as I haven't stayed there but I have been to one of the bars and it was pretty average.

Room Tip: It's a mid city hotel and I suspect not particularly quiet as on a main street. Mid range accomm...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Fernaught,
Thank you for your comments on the service and food you received. We value your feedback and will contact you directly since your experience does not reflect our usual high standards. Our best wishes to you,
Ruprecht Schmitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Abu dhabi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed in the hotel for nearly 2 months, a family with a 6 year old boy. What we'll remember and appreciated most is the friendly ness and hospitality of most of the employees. Our son very much enjoyed the attention from the staff. Maybe this is a good opportunity to thank the staff for making it a memorable stay, especially as 2 months on hotel is a long time for a family. Thanks to the restaurant and buffet staff, reception personnel, valet staff and room service to keep the room tidy and clean. Ou son received a few small gifts from the hotel, unexpected and that made it the more enjoyable for our son. The food was good with a good number of choices. We liked the Italian restaurant a lot as an alternative for the buffet, especially on the terras is nice. The Moroccan restaurant is good especially the buffet but the room is too cold to really enjoy. Other things that could receive more attention are small things. For one, when early breakfast, I need to ask for a coffee though I'm already on the table for a while. Parking of the cars happens partly on parking lot behind the hotel so it takes time before you get the car, especially on peak hours one has to count 10-15 min. The only negative experience we had was in the beginning when we wanted to enter the champagne bar with our son we were very impolitely send back by a lady at the entrance since we had our son with us. Being two days in a completely new country and no indication anywhere that kids are not allowed in a bar, how could we know? But it was the way were addressed that we found unacceptable. We had similar situations in other hotels but staff always politely explained why, offered an alternative if possible and apologised for the inconvenience.
But again all in all a very good and recomendable hotel and we have a lot of hotels visited to reference with.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wim H
Dear Wim H,
Dear WimH,
Thank you for your marvelous compliment on our hotel services and team members. We are extremely happy to read that you have enjoyed your sojourn with us, especially your son who were fondly remembered by my team members who have assisted your family during your stay.
I truly regret that the child restriction with regards to Cristal Bar was not conveyed to you in a more appropriate manner. I have personally addressed this to my colleagues at the Cristal Bar and assuring you that better approach to the guests will be in demonstrated. Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
With all our best wishes to your family and looking very much forward to being of service to you all again!
Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just wonder who gave the hotel the rank of 5 Stars. The hotel is a disaster by all means. I stayed there for 20 nights in a row - What a horrible experience. I can't recall of any good things.
- Awful food (in-room dining) - a 1-Star hotel would be ashamed to offer the quality I experienced.
- Arrogant and un-friendly staff wherever you go in the hotel
- Slow and lame service (ask for a shaving razor and they would probably send you a brush and a toothpaste) - Refilling the bar randomly - etc.. etc...
- The laundry shuts down at 10 - and apparently they send their laundry outside - according to their stupid service boy.
- Stinky corridors and lobby
- Poor calibration of SPA facilities -Sauna too hot and Steam Room too cold
- Not that much clean.
- Outdated
I've been to many hotels in my life and definitely, this is the one of the worst hotels on earth. **AVOID THIS HOTEL**

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank YousefOmar
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear YousefOmar,
Thank you for your comments and feedback about our hotel.
We truly understand the disappointment you had when our hotel facilities and services have not met your expectations.
We truthfully value the comments of our clients and customers as we believe that this is an opportunity for us to enhance and improve our services.
In this regard, we shall be contacting you in order to gain more insight into your experience. Yours sincerely,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

LIVING in Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi since 9 months till today will explain to whomever wants indeed to experience the feeling of how could a stay in a hotel will let you feel home by all means!
This home..I mean this hotel is located at the heart of Abu Dhabi city with a walking distance to the best corniche in UAE and many other places that you might need during your stay like the mosque is right behind the hotel..shopping mall with cinemas,banks,hospital,pharmacy,
Supermarket 24/24 are all very close as well.
In terms of the hotel atmosphere and the way it has been designed and split all sections makes it very familiar since your first visit as you will recieve a very warm welcome from the valet crew passing by the front disk delicate staff who will be glad to assist you whenever you approach them..thanks to Mrs Katie their manager.
The hotel rooms are very spacious and comfortable they have the best room service and house keeping...if you you remember the facilities that I mentioned you won't find restaurant listed with them for a simple reason..
The citrus restaurant well managed by Mr. Chrishna is considered one of the best restaurants in town due for the well managed and trained staff, great selection of food, hygiene well cleaned equipment and not to forget Mr. Chishna's smile...it's a must dine in.
Thank you for Al Outauba Family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Mohamed B
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Mohamed B,

Thank you so much for your lovely review about your experience at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi.
My team and especially Cathy from Front Office and Krishna from Citrus Restaurant are all very happy to hear of your
appreciation! We all are looking very much forward to being of continuous service to you and your family.
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Best location, in the heart of city. Very fiendly staff of every level. I am a regular visitor and can select any hotel of my choice from the list. Millennium is my second HOME.
I am impressed especially from Mr. Manpreet Singh at reciption desk fop his friendly behavior..
I will be my pleasure to stay in MILLENNIUM whenever I will visit.
Muhammad Hasnain (ADCO)
Phone: 050-4445619
email: mhasnain@adco.ae

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank olga1234
Reading
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

spent an enjoyable week before going on cruise at this hotel with my friend. We were tow ladies travelling together and we felt very safe and secure at the hotel. The food was good and reasonably priced for this level of hotel. It was well located in the town. The rooms were very nice with plenty of room and good views. All the staff were very friendly and helpful we would definitetly go there again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Lesley K
Dear Lesley K,
Thank you very much for your great review of Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi! We are proud to have been your
choice for the pre cruise stay and look very much forward to being here again for you and your friends any time!
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Each morning I find my usual spot when having breakfast at Citrus and am always greeted by staff and management who seem genuinely interested in ensuring you are being provided nothing but the best hospitality and service. They always have gone over and above my expectations and do whatever it takes to ensure you are always satisfied with everything.

From the restaurants and lounge to the front desk and concierge staff, each employee has contibuted to making my stay so enjoyable. What I am very pleased about is that this is a consistent level of excellent service as I have been staying at this hotel each week since mid-March 2012. As a matter of fact, I now look forward to my weekly stays at Millennium because the staff have never made me feel that I am just another guest at the hotel. Because of the highly personalized experience and value I have derived, there is no question that this is now the only place I choose to spend my business $'s when visiting Abu Dhabi.

Kudos to the management team for keeping such high benchmarks. I wish similar and even better experiences for other guests that choose Millennium.

Room Tip: The corniche views are excellent and the rooms with king sized beds are very adequate for a business...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank F H
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear F H,
A truly wonderful comment and it seems that my team has indeed and fully made you the centre of our world! Your comments make us all feel really thankful and happy, as it is through feedback and encouragements such as yours that we propel ourselves even further. I look very much forward to the delight of being able to welcome you back once again at the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi, your home away from home here in Abu Dhabi.