“Very pleased with this hotel...”

Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #51 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Hi. I stayed here in early June 2012 for a few nights. Was greeted in a friendly and helpful manner. Fruit bowl in my room as a welcome- nice touch. Choc on the pillow and turn down service with morning paper as complimentry. Room size very large, was quite pleased with this and very clean and in excellent condition. Bed comfy, and quiet environment on my floor for sleeping peacefully. Only glitch in the room was that my handbasin did not drain properly, staying full for ages before slowly draining away. Despite reporting this on night 1, by checkout on day 3, it was still an issue, making the basin unusable. This part was poor.

Amenities in the hotel- several different venues to dine from, I only ate once at the hotel in the ground floor restaurant. Food nice enough but nothing to really to rave over. There is a bar on the Mezzanine level plus another restaurant. Given Abu Dhabi is effectively a dry (no alcohol) city, you are extremely limited where you can get a drink if you should so desire. You can at this bar, although it is pricier here that what you are used to back home- wherever you may be from. They do have one night as " Ladies night" with free champers if you want to check this out. I did not go to this. (Yes, I am female so could have gone!)
Pool- on the small side but good enough for a quick dip alone if you are early or late in the day.
Location- probably not the most convenient -about 20 mins walk to shopping areas.

If I was back in AD I would probably consider to stay here again.
Hope this is helpful for you.

Room Tip: Ask for one that overlooks the beach- i found this to be a quiet side for sleep. Not sure about the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank escapingfr0mw0rk

DRAFT:

Dear escapingfr0mw0rk,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. The pleasure is ours to know that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciate the features, facilities and services that we offer.
With regards to your comment about the hand basin, we do apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you. I have addressed this with the concerned department in order to see where the breakdown in communication occurred.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences with us and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel. You may rest assured that no efforts would be spared to once again place you at the Center of our World. Till then we remain,

There are newer reviews for Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the Millennium hotel in Abu Dhabi for the past 8 years.... from the minute you step foot into the lobby you are treated as royalty. Well, it is the country of royals after all!
The service is seamless and the attention to details focusing on the guests whether you are a first timer or a return guest is parallel to none.
From the doorman to the valet, to the waiters to the various hotel staff members you are welcomed with a smile and an eagerness to make your stay there as comfortable as possible- The ambiance with such attention and comfort feels like home away from home-
A special thank you to Nevine Ezzat; the director of Public Relations and Krishna; the head waiter at Citrus Cafe- We miss the papaya plate!
Thank you to all!!!!
Haig and Sylva Kalbian

1  Thank sylvakalbian k

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Kalbian,
Thank you for your royal feedback about the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi!
Myself, Nevine, Krishna and indeed the rest of my colleagues are extremely honored that the hotel has been your preference as your home away from home for the past eight years! We trust that we will be able to extend this for another eight years or more! Again, thank you for your motivating comments and we can’t wait for the next opportunity to treat you royally and place you firmly at the Center of our World! Till then we remain

Reviewed 20 June 2012

This hotel is gorgeous and rooms are fantastic. The staff were lovely and very professional. Two things let the Millennium down. The food at Citrus (breakfast and dinner buffet) was very very ordinary. The other issue we had is that we feel there needs to be a balance between local religion and the needs of tourists. Very disappointing to find that on a weekend stay, no entertainment was allowed and no alcohol served because of a religious event. Yes, I understand that this is a Muslim country but one that is also trying to make itself a tourist destination.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lee M

Dear GlamisNewEngland,
Thank you for your nice comment about our hotel features and facilities. We also appreciate your feedback about the offers and services at our Citrus Café which I have personally addressed with our Executive Chef as this is not our usual standard.
We truly understand your expectations towards a tourist destination and in Abu Dhabi and the U.A.E we are proud of our Hospitality, generosity and respect for culture and traditions. In keeping with this there may on limited occasions be certain events that do not allow for the full spectrum of hospitality offerings to be available. Again, thank you for your comment and we hope to have the chance to be of service again to you soon and rest assure that no efforts would be spared to make your next visit to the hotel memorable. Till then we remain

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 5 days from Dec 31th till 4th Jan 2012 and all I can say is: this hotel is really beautifull. Rooms are qute big, mine was cca 40sqm, fully furnished, housekeeping 3 times a day... Food was excellent, they organized special dinner/party for nye and it was quite entertaining. Location is good, city center, there is a shuttle bus once a day to the beach and Marina mall, if shuttle bus is not operating, they will hire a taxi for you and refund money whey you chech out. Pool is quite small, room isolation is good, we stayed on 1st floor right above restaurant and pool and we didn´t hear a thing. HIGLY RECOMMEND this hotel!

Room Tip: for couple of extra dirhams you can book an apartment on top floors with beautiful sea view
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bojana b
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear Bojana B,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel features and especially our services during your stay. We truly appreciate that even though several months have passed, you still remember and cherish your experience with us, especially since you spend your New Year’s eve with us! All this makes us look very much forward to welcome you back soon! Our best wishes to you and we hope to have again the opportunity to make you The Center of our World!
Till then we remain
Ruprecht Schmitz,

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Is it really 5 star hotel???
- check in and check out : handle only by 1 person. I have to wait 5-10 minutes
- food : the fruits was not fresh during breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- food choices : not much, it is same like 4 star hotel.
- valet parking : it was NOT FREE service even though I was staying in this hotel.
- location ; quiet far from mall or other business center.
- no tooth brush and tooth paste in the bath room. I need to go to supermarket to buy those.
- not good coordination between the waiters in the restaurant, I got same question 3 times (do you want to drink something sir) during my lunch. I got disturbed because of this question.
I will not stay in this hotel anymore

3  Thank Yuno320

Dear Yuno320,
Thank you for your feedback, we regret that our services have seemingly not met your expectations. I have personally addressed your comments with the concerned Departments. In order to understand your experience better, especially since it does not mirror our usual standards of service, I will be contacting you personally with regards to your experience.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

I must say that this Hotel maintains professional people like Mr. Antony Tadros, Senior Sales Executive, club lounge with the nice smile & professional serving done my Mrs. Angelina, great food but just needs some more varities, nett house keeping people overall great service. I will recommend this Hotel for Abu Dhabi Visitors.

Mohamed Zayed

Room Tip: Great Sea View on higher floors.
2  Thank Mohamed Z
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The services provided by the hotel staff are excellent. I have been staying in this hotel for the past 3 months and feel its like a home to me. The staff are helpful and willing to assist me at any time. The food is good and agreed that the Citrus restaurant and the staff are great, the supervisor Krishna in particular. Overall, the people are courteous and friendly & the room is also good. Its a value for money hotel. Other staff that are good and commendable are Sanjay & Kathy (Front Desk), Shy, Robin, Paul, Reda & Larisa who always make themselves available to attend to all requests..They make you feel as important guest all the time....Change the corridor carpet if possible to make it look better & more attractive..

Room Tip: Request for higher floors facing the sea view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank zana s

Dear Zana S,
Thank you for your marvelous comment about my colleagues. Your appreciation towards their efforts are very elating and made them happy and excited to welcome you back to the hotel soonest in order to be again at The Center of our World. Our best wishes to you and we look very much forward to be of service to you again soon. Till then we remain