“Consistent Standards”

Ranked #45 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Singapore, Singapore
“Consistent Standards”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Have stayed here thrice over the years and must stay the hotel and rooms are well maintained and service is always consistent. Staff are very courteous especially Ms.Su, she always welcomes you with a lovely smile at breakfast and the Sri lankan bartender at Cristal Bar. Great gym to workout and close to the waterfront track where I regularly go for my morning or evening jogs. Well done once again...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank vasdev
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Dear vasdev

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay in our hotel and for your kind comments about the hotel’s location, features, facilities and services.

Also many thanks for your kind comments about our staff and especially Ms. Su from Citrus and Mr. Anesly in Cristal Bar who were both very happy to hear your remarks.

Your comments are important to us to ensure that our service standards remain undaunted for all our valued guests. We are looking very much forward to be of service to you again soon! Till then we remain

Ruprecht Schmitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Again, a visit in May (2012) the hotel maintains impeccable standards.. even better now that the staff recognise me, got upgraded to a suite... lovely. Beautiful rooms, two flat screen tvs, fresh fruit and roses waiting in the lounge on my arrival.
As always, rooms are kept very clean, staff are very polite. Also access to the club lounge on floor 17, very relaxing, there is a "cocktail hour" where you can have complimentary drinks around 6 or 7pm if you are staying in a suite, the view is great from there also.
Lunchtimes food is varied, you can either eat at Citrus (ground floor) or Sevillo which is on the 2nd floor often there are buffets (the best seafood ive had in a long time)

and the club Marrakech, does great food,, as well as a live band with genuine Arabic singers, they even take requests!! weekends are the best time to go, its a party atmosphere, but don't get there before 11pm if you want to enjoy the lively atmosphere.

Room Tip: ask for the sea view rooms (although the sea is in the distance, its a good sunset)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MissHBirmingham
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear MissHBirmingham

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences during ‘another’ visit to our hotel.

At Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi we thrive on delivering immaculate service, therefore, it brings me great pleasure to know you have received nothing less than impeccable service.
I am glad you also visited and enjoyed our club lounge and had the pleasure of dinning in some of the best outlets in town, like Citrus, Sevilo’s and Marakesh.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you back soon, till then we remain,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I tried your amazing ramadan buffet and yes indeed it was amazing the fruit variety and food selections were also amazing and the sweets were over the top and I'd like to thank Krishna for his helpful service and quick response for all our request I'll definitely share my experience with all my friends at my organization.

Once more special thanks to Krishna.

Mayes.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mayes_12
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear mayes_12

Many thanks for sharing your comments regarding our exotic range of Ramadan buffet.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed our wide variety of lavish dishes made by some of the finest chefs in town. Krishna is also extremely happy upon receiving you feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look very much forward to servicing you again!

Till then we remain

General Manage
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We've stayed several times in Dubai on our way to & from Europe, so this time on the way home, my wife & I decided to check out Abu Dhabi. Checked the net for accommodation & selected the Millennium. So glad we did.

No, it's not new, but the standard of upkeep & maintenance is such that it looks new. No lifting wallpaper; dirty grouting in the bathroom; damaged edges where suitcases have bumped; everything in our room worked & the bathroom accessories were most welcome & the room itself was huge & very comfortable.

On the night we stayed, the Dining Room had put on an Asian & Middle Eastern buffet. The selection of delicious foods was amazing.

And, a BIG Thank You to ALL the front-of-house staff we met. They are sooo polite, helpful - one waiter at the buffet was immediately to hand when my wife suffered a coughing fit from a piece of food trying to go down the wrong way - & couldn't do enough to make our all too brief stay so memorable.

So impressed with the MIllenium that we have no hesitation in recommending it to fellow travellers.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AntiquesOnTour
Dear AntiquesOnTour

Thank you so much for making our hotel your choice of stay and recommending us to other respected guests.

I am glad to know you are satisfied with our hotels comfortable and spacious rooms and also by the high-level of standards and maintenance which you experienced whilst your stay with us.

I am pleased to know you enjoyed our theme buffets which we are running throughout the week. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Myself and rest of the team are looking very much forward to servicing you again! Till then we remain

Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I am leaving Abu Dhabi this morning having spent two weeks at the Millenium Hotel (not the Grand Millenium). A perfect stay in all respects. I am reasonably well travelled with experience of the hospitality industry which gives you a certain edge in assessing staff attentiveness and behaviour. Well, the staff here are all the same - just brilliant! - you can be assured of the very best customer service at all times and two weeks is long enough to test consistency! But also very nice touches - it was my birthday during my stay and following a knock on the door I was presented with a trolley full of delicious food and a birthday cake! I am not sure who took the initiative but I will say a BIG THANK YOU to Jan Gutzmann, Exec Assistant Manager who led his team by example - no wonder standards here are so high. Krishna Kumar also deserves recognition. Kumar is the Assistant Restaurant Manager of the Citrus Restaurant on the Ground Floor - great attention to detail and great food fourteen nights on the run. It was Ramadan while I was here and it was really helpful that the staff explained to me (a non muslem) what was required of me to give due respect the muslem visitors and guests. Yes, the Millenium Hotel performs at the highest level and they get Olympic "Gold" from me.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Corniche - fantastic view!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter A
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Dear Peter A

Thank you very much for your splendid note of appreciation about our hotel facilities and services. It has always been our desire to make every stay of our valued guests memorable and enjoyable; something which Mr Jan Gutzmann, Mr Kumar and rest of the team has seemingly done extremely well!

Myself and the rest of my colleagues are looking very much forward to servicing you again!
Till then we remain

Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Millennium Hotel in Abu Dhabi for but one night, but when I am back in Abu Dhabi I would make this hotel my first option.

The hotel is great. I had lovely views over the gulf. The staff are polite, friendly and very helpful. Thank you in particular to Reception staff.

Room Tip: This hotel will arrange taxi transfers to/from the hotel which are very reasonable, particularly if...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank stretch7250
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear stretch7250

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences during your recent stay and making Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi your first choice.

I am happy to know you found our service staff polite, friendly and helpful.
The reception staff is also very pleased to hear you were overwhelmed by their excellent customer service.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This hotel is absolutely great. It has one of the absolutely most beautiful lobbys. It is located in Markazia which is a perfect area. They have a fridge were you can get ice whenever you want and they have good hygiene products. An big plus for the small toothbrush and toothpast. When we arrived in our suite we had a fruitplate as welcome. The rooms are classy.

Only negative thing is that the pool area need freshening up and the service is sometimes a bit lazy. Otherwise a top hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Danii88
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Danii88

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences during your recent stay and especially with regards to our hotels location, lobby, rooms and the well maintained hygiene level.

Regarding your concern about the delay in service at the swimming pool area I have personalize your feedback with the relevant department.