“Excellent”

Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotel is an ultimate in leisure & comfort. The lounge area is huge & pleasant with reataurant space & reception.I always ensure my stay with this hotel.Front desk is mainly handled by youthful Russian ladies who keep you informed about various fascilities offered.

Room Tip: You can ask for rooms offering a corniche view which is just breath taking. Only thing I miss is a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Devanand13

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay.

We too are very proud of our views of the corniche and will pass on your gratitude to my front office manager for the excellent service provided by his team.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcome you back soon, till then we remain,

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Needed a break from the wonderful summer in Blighty and decided a week in the emirates would be ideal (guaranteed sun and no rain), I have visited Dubai and Ras al Kharmai previously and thought I would try the Capital of the Emirates.

Chose the Millenium Hotel as it is part of a chain that I have used previously in the UK, I wasn't looking for a resort hotel ...just a reasonably priced hotel with a choice of restaurants and a pool.

The hotel is a five star...obviously a five star in the UK and a five star in the emirates are two different things....

booked a club room with access to the club lounge which provided tea/coffee, water and juices throughout the day and from 7pm - 9pm lite snacks and alcoholic beverages... by booking the club room you had water in your room daily,breakfast, newspapers, use of bathrobes and slippers and a one way transfer either to or from the airport.... you also had the use of a meeting for 2hours if on business

we had a room with a sea view on the 15th floor...amazing...hotel has three restaurants and have various theme nights throughout the week which includes unlimited drinks (two options non alcoholic price and price including house wines/beers/water) which proved to be excellent value for money ranging from approx £30 - £45 per person depending on which option you go for. My daughter and I had the package in The Citrus Restaurant (breakfast is served here) on the ground floor which was a brazilian theme night eat all you can buffet, the Morrocan night with belly dancer in The Marrekesh restaurant again help yourself and we ate 2 nights in the Italian restaurant...the one night it was seafood night which was absolutley fantastic.....the food is of a very good standard

We used the pool daily, whilst it was small it served its purpose...we also had some lunch time snacks served by the pool, if you want a massage the treatments were very good and reasonable.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and informative...helping us and advising on various trips etc

As I have said earlier this is not a resort hotel and should not be reviewed as one, it is a city centre hotel, which is suitable for business and leisure ....I enjoyed my weeks break in the sun, overeating good food with a good standard of service......

There are various places to visit whilst in Abu Dhabi and a must is Ferrari World if you like fun fairs, but thats another review!

Room Tip: if you can go for a club room, well worth the additional cost, they are on the higher floors... look...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jokar1234
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear KarenL1964

Thank you so much for making our hotel your choice of stay in Abu Dhabi and for your very kind comments.

So pleased you enjoyed the club floor benefits plus the various food and beverage outlets available to all guests. We are also very proud of our dining options so the teams will be delighted to hear your comments.

Thank you so much again for your kind comments, myself and rest of the team are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Have stayed here thrice over the years and must stay the hotel and rooms are well maintained and service is always consistent. Staff are very courteous especially Ms.Su, she always welcomes you with a lovely smile at breakfast and the Sri lankan bartender at Cristal Bar. Great gym to workout and close to the waterfront track where I regularly go for my morning or evening jogs. Well done once again...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank vasdev
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear vasdev

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay in our hotel and for your kind comments about the hotel’s location, features, facilities and services.

Also many thanks for your kind comments about our staff and especially Ms. Su from Citrus and Mr. Anesly in Cristal Bar who were both very happy to hear your remarks.

Your comments are important to us to ensure that our service standards remain undaunted for all our valued guests. We are looking very much forward to be of service to you again soon! Till then we remain

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Again, a visit in May (2012) the hotel maintains impeccable standards.. even better now that the staff recognise me, got upgraded to a suite... lovely. Beautiful rooms, two flat screen tvs, fresh fruit and roses waiting in the lounge on my arrival.
As always, rooms are kept very clean, staff are very polite. Also access to the club lounge on floor 17, very relaxing, there is a "cocktail hour" where you can have complimentary drinks around 6 or 7pm if you are staying in a suite, the view is great from there also.
Lunchtimes food is varied, you can either eat at Citrus (ground floor) or Sevillo which is on the 2nd floor often there are buffets (the best seafood ive had in a long time)

and the club Marrakech, does great food,, as well as a live band with genuine Arabic singers, they even take requests!! weekends are the best time to go, its a party atmosphere, but don't get there before 11pm if you want to enjoy the lively atmosphere.

Room Tip: ask for the sea view rooms (although the sea is in the distance, its a good sunset)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissHBirmingham
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear MissHBirmingham

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences during ‘another’ visit to our hotel.

At Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi we thrive on delivering immaculate service, therefore, it brings me great pleasure to know you have received nothing less than impeccable service.
I am glad you also visited and enjoyed our club lounge and had the pleasure of dinning in some of the best outlets in town, like Citrus, Sevilo’s and Marakesh.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I tried your amazing ramadan buffet and yes indeed it was amazing the fruit variety and food selections were also amazing and the sweets were over the top and I'd like to thank Krishna for his helpful service and quick response for all our request I'll definitely share my experience with all my friends at my organization.

Once more special thanks to Krishna.

Mayes.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mayes_12
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear mayes_12

Many thanks for sharing your comments regarding our exotic range of Ramadan buffet.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed our wide variety of lavish dishes made by some of the finest chefs in town. Krishna is also extremely happy upon receiving you feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look very much forward to servicing you again!

General Manage

Reviewed 11 August 2012

We've stayed several times in Dubai on our way to & from Europe, so this time on the way home, my wife & I decided to check out Abu Dhabi. Checked the net for accommodation & selected the Millennium. So glad we did.

No, it's not new, but the standard of upkeep & maintenance is such that it looks new. No lifting wallpaper; dirty grouting in the bathroom; damaged edges where suitcases have bumped; everything in our room worked & the bathroom accessories were most welcome & the room itself was huge & very comfortable.

On the night we stayed, the Dining Room had put on an Asian & Middle Eastern buffet. The selection of delicious foods was amazing.

And, a BIG Thank You to ALL the front-of-house staff we met. They are sooo polite, helpful - one waiter at the buffet was immediately to hand when my wife suffered a coughing fit from a piece of food trying to go down the wrong way - & couldn't do enough to make our all too brief stay so memorable.

So impressed with the MIllenium that we have no hesitation in recommending it to fellow travellers.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AntiquesOnTour

Dear AntiquesOnTour

Thank you so much for making our hotel your choice of stay and recommending us to other respected guests.

I am glad to know you are satisfied with our hotels comfortable and spacious rooms and also by the high-level of standards and maintenance which you experienced whilst your stay with us.

I am pleased to know you enjoyed our theme buffets which we are running throughout the week. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Myself and rest of the team are looking very much forward to servicing you again! Till then we remain

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I am leaving Abu Dhabi this morning having spent two weeks at the Millenium Hotel (not the Grand Millenium). A perfect stay in all respects. I am reasonably well travelled with experience of the hospitality industry which gives you a certain edge in assessing staff attentiveness and behaviour. Well, the staff here are all the same - just brilliant! - you can be assured of the very best customer service at all times and two weeks is long enough to test consistency! But also very nice touches - it was my birthday during my stay and following a knock on the door I was presented with a trolley full of delicious food and a birthday cake! I am not sure who took the initiative but I will say a BIG THANK YOU to Jan Gutzmann, Exec Assistant Manager who led his team by example - no wonder standards here are so high. Krishna Kumar also deserves recognition. Kumar is the Assistant Restaurant Manager of the Citrus Restaurant on the Ground Floor - great attention to detail and great food fourteen nights on the run. It was Ramadan while I was here and it was really helpful that the staff explained to me (a non muslem) what was required of me to give due respect the muslem visitors and guests. Yes, the Millenium Hotel performs at the highest level and they get Olympic "Gold" from me.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Corniche - fantastic view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter A
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear Peter A

Thank you very much for your splendid note of appreciation about our hotel facilities and services. It has always been our desire to make every stay of our valued guests memorable and enjoyable; something which Mr Jan Gutzmann, Mr Kumar and rest of the team has seemingly done extremely well!

Myself and the rest of my colleagues are looking very much forward to servicing you again!