“Welcome home again!”

Ranked #45 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
UK
“Welcome home again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Am back in Abu Dhabi after working away for the last 12 months or so. Have been staying in 5 star hotels in other countries in the Middle East Region and USA, but am so glad to be back at the Millennium, Khalifa Street. None of the others have compared with the overall experience of a long business stay here. I've also checked out the Grand Millennium which is newer but doesn't have quite the same feel or superb location being in the city centre yet so close to the Corniche.
I was really surprised and delighted to be remembered by so many staff, and immediately made to feel just as welcome and comfortable as being at home. For me, this is the key to the success of this hotel. There is a new General Manager who has been quite visible, more so than the last GM, and I think this is a good thing. I've noticed he not only makes himself more accessible but also takes time to personally respond to comments written on sites such as Trip Advisor.
I operate a Human Resource Development consultancy, and it is a pleasure to observe the positive relationships between the senior departmental managers and service staff on a daily basis.
It would be unfair to single out individual staff for special praise because I find all the staff work hard to provide a consistently first class service. However, something that reflects well on the management style at this hotel is to find that excellent service is rewarded, for example with Krishna in the Citrus Restaurant who has been promoted. I remember him on a previous long stay and was so impressed by his smartness, courtesy, efficiency, and leadership of other restaurant staff. Such role model behaviour surely rubs off onto other staff and, in turn, benefits the hotel residents.
I've tried not to repeat comments from my last review of this hotel, but the positive comments from back then still apply.
Since my last long stay in Abu Dhabi some excellent new hotels have opened, particularly the spectacularly fine hotels which I have also visited near the Grand Mosque, but to my mind they lose out on location unless you simply want a holiday base.
The only reason I've given the spa facility a four star rating is because of the smallish size of the swimming pool, but the gym is well equipped with sauna and steam room all looked after by extremely welcoming staff.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a really comfortable hotel in a great city centre location, yet so close to the Corniche, whilst conducting business in Abu Dhabi, I would look no further than here!

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet room ask for a 'Garden' view. If you prefer a 'Corniche' view...
4 Thank fineth
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear fineth

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. Your compliments are most appreciated and we too are very happy that you enjoyed our superb location with the wonderful views of the corniche and capital garden.

Furthermore, we are really pleased to learn that you find a personal connection when visiting the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. It’s what we strive for in order to make you the “Center of our World”!

I have also passed on your gratitude to our Citrus Restaurant manager Mr. Krishna, who was delighted to hear your terrific feedback.

Again, thank you for taking the time out to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Till then we remain,

Ruprecht Schmitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Think twice before going to this hotel. With a competitive hotel market in Abu Dhabi there is better to be had. The hotel in my opinion is tried and dated. I upgraded on arrival to club level. I honestly could not see what I got for the upgrade. Or should I say its a concern to think what I would have had without the upgrade!!. From the moment i walked in I felt the staff have been trained to extract extra money from you. Fine if its worth the money but this place does not deliver. When you see a sign at the buffet restaurant informing you of the small portions that are advisable, you know its about max profit in my eyes. There are better city centre hotels to be had at equally similar rates. Go there.

2 Thank Carlton M
Dear Mr. Carlton

Thank you for your recent stay in our hotel and for your feedback.

We regret that our services have seemingly not met all your expectations.

In regards to your concern about the sign / menu in our restaurant advising small portions, I believe there must have been a misunderstanding with the suggested diabetes friendly menu.

The serving sizes are approved by Al Noor Hospital in Abu Dhabi advising suitable portions for our diabetic guests.

We at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi ensure value for money through various promotions and benefits including access to the Millennium club lounge on the 15th floor when upgrading. We take our guests feedback very serious and take all measures to improve in areas recommended.

Thank you again for your time taken to review our hotel. I would like to welcome you back to our hotel to be given the opportunity to ensure your next experience is a more positive one. Till then we remain,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed in Millenium Abu Dhabi during a business trip earlier this month. The hotel is about 30 minutes drive from the airport but the hotel had arranged a to-and-fro transfer from the airport to the hotel and back, which was very convenient.

The hotel is on Khalifa street and very close to most banks and offices nearby. It is also not very far from the Marina and a couple of major malls. Overall, its a pretty decent business hotel.

Check-in was done in a jiffy and the room was clean and spacious. The air-conditioning was noiseless and the free wifi was fast and reliable. Room service was efficient and the food was of good quality. Breakfast in the lobby is as expected from a business hotel. Decent range and done reasonably well, notwithstanding the stern looking waitresses.

Concierge service is average. I asked several times for an adaptor to charge my phone but it seems the hotel only has a small number of them and all of them were already in use elsewhere. I only managed to figure this out after 3-4 phone calls to the concierge desk. The room itself has the usual amenities that are expected from a business hotel, nothing too lavish or fancy. For a deluxe room, I would've expected a bit more.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a street view. There is a small park on the opposite side of the hotel. This litt...
2 Thank anil d
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Dear Anil

Thank you so much for your recent stay at our Hotel. I am happy to hear you were impressed with the quickness of our service staff at the Front Desk. I am also delighted to learn you enjoyed the comfort of our spacious and well-maintained rooms including the high speed internet connection.

Regarding your comment in relation to the limited availability of adaptors, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this many have caused due to all adaptors being occupied at the time. We highly appreciate your feedback and have taken in account the above mentioned.

Again thank you for visiting our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Till then we remain

Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Nice hotel, in walking distance of both Corniche and the shops. Bar and restaiurants relaxing and pleasant. Rooms are nicely equipped and well serviced, corridors to rooms looking a bit tired, but at the end of the day they are just corridors. Staff all seem friendly, welcoming without being overbearing. Small seating area in foyer which is nice, with coffee etc available, pity smoking is allowed on most of the tables. Food is good, plentiful and nice variety, breakfast good variety only complaint is the poached eggs always seem hard and overdone, that aside good food. Will happily stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank timmy1011
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Timmy1011

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding our Hotel.

I am pleased to know you were able to visit all our Restaurants including the Cristal Bar, our exclusive Cigar and Champagne Bar. I am also happy to know you enjoyed the pleasant and relaxing environment of the Hotel and enjoyed the variety of our lavish buffet options.

In relation to your concern regarding the hardness of the poached eggs, please note that I have addressed this with the relevant department. We appreciate your feedback as it allows the Hotel to continually better its service.

Again thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Till then we remain,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Good day...
I was having my Iftar during Ramadan At Citrus Restaurant at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi..
The venue was amazing, reflects the spirit of Ramadan, the service was more than excellent, Staff offered us every thing we need before even asking, with big smile on their faces all the time..
Talking about the food, it was the best collection I ever had in town, all the dishes I imagined was served there, meat, chicken, sea food, sweets, salads, even Chicken Shawerma :)
Kids enjoyed their time there too, with the Cotton Candy as a reward when finishing their plates :)
Thanks again for this great time, and for your kindness, in shaa Allah definately will be there soon :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Marwa_Abdullah
Dear Marwa

Thank you so much for visiting our Hotel with your family during Ramadan and for your time taken to write a wonderful review.

I am delighted to learn the service staff at Citrust Restaurant delivered an exceptional service.
We are very proud of our Cirtus, Marakesh and Sivilo’s Restaurants, which are amongst the top recommended and talked about outlets in Abu Dhabi.

Our theme night buffets are also well-known for their wide selection of dishes, quality food and value for money and after the reopening of our Italian Restaurant Sevilo’s we look forward to hosting you again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

In a city obsessed with 'fasionable location' hotels (Jumirah Towers, Fairmont) and 'resort' hotels (St Regis, Shang, Emirates Palace), there is a genuine niche, and a lot to be said, for hotels that are courteous, well priced and do the basic things well. The Millenneum sits nicely in this pocket and I would think commands some loyalty amongst its guests after a while.

I would agree that this is not a resort hotel, but as a business hotel, Khalifa Street is well placed for the Corniche's formal gardens, access to Airport Road and near to Meena and the Club/Regis/Monte Carlo if that's where you're headed.

We have a particular interest in this hotel as we actually live three buildings away. We were forced out of our apartment for a couple of weeks for renovations and we spent quite a bit of time at the Millennium. We knew that we would like the restaurants (the seafood buffet at Sevillos is one of the best in town anyway) but we didn't know what the rooms would be like.

Needn't have worried. The management were good enough to promote us to a club room and it was beautifully appointed and well stocked with a great view.

Staff in the restaurants were lovely - the ladies in the business centre should take note that giving people the time of day costs you nothing (the only minor blip in an otherwise excellent stay).

Very good value for money too. You could get a flashier hotel in town, to be sure. However, here, they remember who you are and treat you well. Maybe I'm just getting older, but that's becoming increasingly important to me.

Room Tip: Chat to them at reception and see if the duty manager can upgrade you.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BartyCrouch
Dear Barty Crouch

Thank you so much for you generous comments and for making Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi your home during the renovation of your apartment.

We to are happy that our convenient location, quality facilities and friendly service met your expectations.

It also brings me great pleasure to learn that you were delighted with the management’s decision to upgrade you to our club room with a spectacular view.

I trust that you enjoyed our theme night buffets which run throughout the week. Furthermore, we hope to see you again after the reopening of our renowned Italian Restaurant Sevilo’s on September 09th 2012.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Till then we remain,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Overall a great hotel with a few irritating factors.

1) we do not agree with tipping everytime you offer to assist us, but if you don't you give us daggers everytime you see us.

We believe we have paid for the whole package so services such as transporting our suitcases on arrival is part of the package so therefore does not require tipping unless we feel you have gone over and above your duties.

2) charges for certain request need to be transparent, for example we asked for tap water and we got bottled water along with a bill... Too be honest if I knew there was going to be a charge then I would have returned to my room as we had ample amounts of bottled water provided by yourselfs free off charge.

We are not in any way tight with our purse strings as this holiday will have cost us in the region of £10,000.00 by the time we return. It's just a matter of principal.

Please take our constructive criticisms on board and best of luck as you have the potential of being an amazing hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear sheff2004

Many thanks for your comments and a very interesting subjects!

As with any other part of the world tipping is purely a personal option to give or not give. Personally, you should only tip if you feel you have received excellent service over and above your expectations. You should not be made to feel uncomfortable in to giving tips and this is something we have discussed as a team.

With regards to bottled water, we do not recommend that our guests drink tap water and this should have been explained at the time of ordering. Our various theme nights are inclusive of all soft drinks including the bottled water and for certain theme nights or the Friday brunch we also include alcoholic drinks in the price. So apologies this was not explained at the time of ordering.

Thank you again we really do appreciate your comments and certainly take them as constructive, it is the only way we can keep striving to improve our service.