“Swish”

Ranked #45 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Swish”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel four times.The architecture is a bit naff but inside tells a different story. Quite sublime. Swish rooms , classy bars and very well looked after.I always love staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mitchsan
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Mitchsan,

A very happy New Year to you!

Thank you very much for your review on your Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi experience.
We really appreciate your continued patronage and look very much forward to welcoming you back soon.
Ruprecht Schmitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Overall Impression: Based upon our entire experience during our two night stay at the property, my wife and I would definitely recommend the Millennium Hotel and we would stay there again the next time we visit Abu Dhabi. Our advice to travelers would be to consider staying in one of the Millennium’s non-smoking Club Rooms. Reserving a Club Room includes a list of complimentary amenities such as Millennium Club Lounge access (15th floor), buffet breakfast, cocktails (7:00 PM to 9:00 PM daily), local newspaper (delivered to the room daily), late check-out (up to 4:00 PM based upon availability), one way transfer to/from Abu Dhabi International Airport, and wireless internet connectivity throughout the hotel. Please continuing reading for additional details on our stay.

The Hotel: We tend to stay in 4 & 5 star hotels that are historic, traditionally decorated (late 19th or early 20th century), and are located in the city center/urban core. The Millennium Hotel is not a 19th century property, but it is a 4/5 star hotel that is tastefully decorated in a traditional style and is well located within the city of Abu Dhabi (providing fairly easy access to the entire city). The hotel amenities include a pool, several restaurants, a lounge, and a wonderful daily continental buffet breakfast!

The Room: We reserved a non-smoking Club Room. Upon check-in, we were assigned room 914 (overlooking the Capital Garden). While not on the club level floor (and quite possibly a Junior Suite room), the room met all of our needs – comfortable queen bed, sitting area with sofa & chair, large bathroom with tub & shower, wardrobe with storage & safe, and a mini-bar. We do not remember if the room had an iron/ironing board – but if it didn’t, we are sure that they would be easy to obtain from the front desk.

The Staff: Overall, the staff members were nice and very friendly – this was especially true with regard to the staff in both the 15th floor Club lounge and the 2nd floor Citrus lounge. We did have one issue with the staff, though, which did leave a negative mark on our stay. We had difficulty getting the room that we reserved (a non-smoking Club Room). Upon arrival, we were told that the only rooms left were smoking rooms. Having reserved a non-smoking room, we declined the smoking Club Room assignment. We were then offered a smoking Junior Suite. Again we declined but made an offered to take a lower quality room that was non-smoking. We were then informed that the hotel was full and that important guests were occupying all the non-smoking rooms (such as members of a Formula One racing team). We pointed out that we were guests of the hotel, too. At this point the person checking us in (looking very un-happy) made a phone call and suddenly a non-smoking Club Room was ‘released’ to us. Our experience at the hotel would have been so much better if (1) we were not lied to and (2) we didn’t have to spend 20 minutes haggling for our room!

Arriving: We arrived in Abu Dhabi (shared taxi ride from Dubai) at the Central Bus Station. We then took a quick taxi ride (less than 10 minutes) from the Central Bus Station to the Millennium Hotel. The 90 minute journey between Dubai and Abu Dhabi is straight forward and there are several options available (private car, taxi, shared taxi, RTA bus). Our shared taxi left from the Ibn Battuta Metro Station in Dubai and safely delivered us to the Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station 90 minutes later. The taxi – shared by seven people – costs 30 AED per person. NOTE: The taxi holds seven people but you are welcome to buy more than one seat (if you desire more room for the journey). Even though there were two of us, we bought three seats – thus providing more room for the journey!

Departing: We departed Abu Dhabi from the Abu Dhabi International airport (AUH). As part of the Millennium Club package, we were entitled to complimentary one way airport transportation. We took advantage of this service when departing the hotel. The car service was prompt, clean, and it took about 30 minutes to travel from the hotel to the airport. Our driver was excellent – especially considering we needed his services at 5:15 AM (for our 7:30 AM flight).

Tips: Walk the Corniche towards the Emirates Palace hotel (although you will need a taxi to take you all the way to the Emirates Palace). Visit the Emirates Palace hotel (you will be turned away at the gate if you are wearing shorts!). Visit the Sheikh Zayed Mosque (tours are provided). Take a taxi (20 minute ride) to Yas Island to see Ferrari World, the Abu Dhabi Formula One race track, and the Yas Viceroy hotel (there are several bars/restaurants at the hotel). Most of all, enjoy your time in Abu Dhabi!

Room Tip: Reserve a Non-Smoking Club Room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert N
Dear Robert N,

Happy New Year to you and your wife!

I cannot thank you enough for the extensive feedback that you have posted in your review, both on the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi and its services, but also on Abu Dhabi as a destination. We all appreciate this very much! I have taken note of your remark and experience during check in and we will ensure that this is being looked into. I hope we will be able to welcome you and Mrs N again to Abu Dhabi and the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi in the not too distant future.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This was my first trip Abu Dhabi and stayed for two weeks at the Millennium; Dec 13th - Dec 28th, 2012. I am a full time professor (Glendale Community College) from Phoenix, Arizona and was here teaching a class for Bright Vision and the Abu Dhabi Police Department. I was truly impressed with this hotel and the professional demeanor of the tremendous staff. I had numerous outstanding, kind and professional greetings and assistance from many different staff members and all my needs were quickly met.

I ate in the Citrus Restaurant at least twice per day during my entire stay. The staff was exceptional and better than any service that I have ever received from my travels throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. They were truly amazing and friendly / helpful and appreciated helping their guests.
One staff person made an unbelievable impression on me; her first name was Su, a young beautiful 27 year old waitress who constantly seem to strive to make my stay more pleasant and the other patrons that she served. Each day she had the ability to brighten my day along with her other guests, from her constant positive service based glow and delightful contagious smile. This person was one of the best waitresses that I have ever had the pleasure to encounter during my travels. I am even going to add my name to this post to put my name with my glowing recommendation for this hotel and the Citrus Restaurant within the hotel.

Thank you for making my trip wonderful !

Jeff

Dr. Jeffeory G. Hynes, Ed.D.

jeff.hynes@gccaz.edu

Room Tip: My room on the 5th floor was excellent; great views
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff H
Dear Dr Hynes,

Firstly let us wish you a ver Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for your extensive review and glowing feedback on the service received by Ms Su in particular. I can tell you she was overwhelmed upon reading your post.
We are very happy to have been able to serve you well and that your stay in Abu Dhabi was an outstanding one. We all look very much forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi in the near future.
Normal, Il
Reviewed 21 December 2012

This hotel is attentive to all the details many hotels forget. Attentive front door staff, clean rooms and hallways, a great restaurant....alll add up to a nice experience.

I actually felt comfortable in this hotel. Comfortable like "home" comfortable.

They are in a good location for walkabouts and getting ready for sightseeing.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank NormalTripper
Dear Normal Tripper,

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Thank you very much for your review and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visits to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi! It is extremely pleasing to read that you were placed at the Center of Our World, making you feel really at home!
Until then, hopefully not too long from now, we remain with our very best regards,
Yours sincerely
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I have stayed in the hotel a couple of times and never once did I have a complain. The rooms are spacious and usually are facing the sea. Facilites like the gym and swimming pool are maintained well. Staff is really very friendly and helpful! The Citrus restaurant offers really good food with a lot of varieties and different themes every other day of the week. Wouldn't ask for more than this!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sanjana97
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Sanjana97,

Happy New Year to you!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay. Happy to hear that we have all that you are looking for and that you have indeed been placed at the Center of Our World!
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon, we remain with our very best regards,
Yours sincerely
Dubai
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I'm a regular "staycationer" with a penchant for searching for good, modestly priced hotels, resorts and similar venues in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

I recently stayed in Millennium Hotel-Abu Dhabi and my experience was half and half.

My room was adequately furnished and faced a nearby park. The noise levels from the busy street below didn't make it to my 16th room floor. Great double glazing. Service was generally good, although some of the staff never followed through with my requests for confirmation or information. But that is a typical issue with many service providers in this part of the world.

I took a club room but I've had better club lounge benefits and services in other hotels. This hotel's club lounge was unmanned each time I went there. Only tea, coffee and orange juice is available to club guests, although the alcohol selection during happy hour is better (but there wasn't any food option).

Across the board, food at their lobby restaurant Citrus is uninspired. More than half the meat dishes served at the buffet dinner were dry. Breakfast was no different.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AmANomad
Dear AmANomad,

Happy New Year to you!

thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at our property.
We are thankful for your comments and happy to hear that you liked the accommodation. With regards to the dining options and your particular experience in our Citrus restaurant, please be assured that I have taken this matter up with our Executive Chef and he has looked into this already. We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi in the near future!
Kind regards
derby
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I have been in Abu Dhabi for 3 weeks, staying in Hotel Millenium for the duration. I stayed in one of the suites over looking the corniche, waking up to a sea view each day was lovely!
The staff in this hotel make the whole experience very enjoyable and I would definitely return here. One of the managers, Sanjay, was particularly helpful and pleasant and ensured our stay was a good one. Our meals were served in the Citrus restaurant where manager Krishna was extremeley pleasant and couldn't do enough for us, thank you, Krishna! The international buffet was excellent and provided a good choice at each meal. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Suite had sea view and was best for a long stay because of separate living area
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Kimberly W
Dear Kimberly W,

Happy New Year to you! Thank you very much for your review and I am very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us here at the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi.
Sanjay, as well as Krishna were both equally happy to read of your particular appreciation and we all look very much forward to being able to welcome you back to our property!