“Central and luxurious hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi

Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #43 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“Central and luxurious hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Nothing to complain about
This is how all 5* should be : delightful decoration, friendly services, tons of facilities
We got an excellent deal and on top of it got upgraded to a suite free of charge.
Location is also central a stone throw from the corniche.
We had dinner one night ion the Italian restaurant and the food was good although pricey (but well you can't win on all sides)
Overall a very good expereriece given the price we paid, recommended !

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frosty1575
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Dear frosty1575,

thank you very much for your great review! We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed your visit to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi and already look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Ruprecht Schmitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Had a really enjoyable stay in the Millennium over Christmas. There are many positives about this hotel. The staff were wonderful and always on hand to help without fail. The rooms were very large and elegantly decorated and wireless was constantly available. The lobby area was very impressive and was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Possibly the best thing about the hotel though was the location and you can go on many nice walks if you wish too.

Just a couple of minor points, the hotel bar is a bit stuffy and over priced but taxi's to the rest of the city are so cheap it's not an issue. The biggest problem is the pool area and its lack of beds. Basically 20 people can get sunbeds in a hotel with 100's of people and I only got one once in 8 days. If you want to sit around the pool possibly another hotel would be better. Think the hotel needs to expand the pool area so it takes up all the terrace instead of just a quarter.

Thanks for being great hosts!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SK6
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear SK6,

Thanks a lot for your review and we are happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay. Your remark on the pool side is well noted and we will aim to have this changed soonest. We trust we will be able to welcome you back to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi and until then we remain with our very best regards and a happy New Year!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

I was deciding between the Millennium Hotel and one of the Salaam Crystal hotels for my first stay (5 nights) in Abu Dhabi, and finally decided on the former for two main reasons: the location (near the Corniche, nice views, seemed within easy reach of most places I would want to go), and the great price I found on Olotels. I had read the reviews about the questionable service, but decided to try it for myself; I wasn't planning on spending much time in the hotel anyway.

I arrived in Abu Dhabi in the morning around 7.30am,and was at the hotel by 8.30am. I didn't know if they would have a room ready for me, but asked anyway (I had requested an early check-in when I made the online booking). The wait for check-in was slow, about 10-15 minutes, but this was probably due to the fact that there was only one person at reception (in fact, this was the case throughout my stay; whenever I went to the front desk or looked over, there was only ever one person on duty!). Once I was seen, the receptionist said they could have a room ready for me within a couple of hours, and also upgraded me to a junior suite on the top floor without any charge, which was great. He also offered the use of the health club facilities so I could shower and freshen up in the meantime, which was very helpful. The room was ready by 11am, and that was with me lingering around reception and reminding them that I was waiting! All things considered, they got my room ready early, which I appreciated.

I was in room 1609 which indeed had lovely views over the Corniche and sea, but the windows are only in the living room area, not by the bed (just a personal preference, I would have liked to wake up to the view). Also, note that this room is right next to the lifts, which keep operating well into the night, if not all night! If you are a light sleeper, avoid this room because the noise will drive you crazy; if like me you generally sleep soundly, then you should be fine.

The room was impeccably clean, I mean with particular reference to the important things: bed, linens, towels, but also everything in general. There was one exception: I received a dirty sheet (had some light marks on it) one day and it wasn't changed the next day (I didn't ask, though, I just switched it with the upper sheet which was perfectly clean). Other than that, the cleanliness standard was high, and I am very fussy about this!

The negative points:
- Housekeeping is hit-and-miss, I found it to be quite unresponsive and not very consistent. On the second day of my stay, the blanket on the bed was removed and not replaced. I called Housekeeping and they said they would send somebody to see to this. 20 minutes later somebody turned up, and after making a couple of calls said that there were no more blankets available that night as they were in the laundry, and they would give me another duvet instead until the blanket was replaced the next day. I called Housekeeping the next day to remind them about the blanket (they had not replaced it when they cleaned the room) and they said they would notify somebody to deal with this. I didn't hear from anybody again. On top of that, there was a turn-down service some nights, one others it. It all seemed a little haphazard.
- there is free wi-fi but it is pretty poor. It was quite frustrating to have it in one part of the room and not where the bed was! The connection in the Emirates Palace and Shangri-La was much better.

As a general observation, the service overall - from front desk to concierge to Housekeeping - just seems to lack polish and that extra level of professionalism. It's not a chronic problem at all, and if you don't spend much time in the hotel you will barely notice it, but it's not quite 5 star service. It certainly wouldn't stop me from staying here again, although I was not reliant on the staff for anything during my stay and would not expect to be for any future stay.

The positive points:
- lovely, clean rooms
- the location. It's in a great spot for reaching different places, and I could walk easily to the Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre (for tat-shopping and browsing the gold shops), and if you're feeling energetic you can walk to al-Wahda bus station for buses to Dubai, and also the al-Wahda Mall (nice and quiet, but the Marina Mall may be better). Otherwise, buses will take you to the main malls and bus station from Hamdan Street (one road north) or New Airport Street Street (the first road running perpendicular if you turn right out of the hotel). The are also plenty of fast food places a short walk away, on Hamdan Street. Taxis are also inexpensive, and you can get to Abu Dhabi Mall for approx 10 AED, Marina Mall or Emirates Palace for around 15-20 AED, and the Grand Mosque for approx 35 AED.

Regarding the hotel, I would not hesitate to stay there again, and it would be my first choice when returning with my family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and away from the lift!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Zenith2010
Dear Zenith 2010,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback on your Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi experience. I am indeed happy to read that in general you were pleased with your visit and the services received. Your points on the attention level, in particular with regard to requests, has been noted and already emphasized with the teams. We would love to welcome you back with your family and please just give us a buzz and we'll arrange it all for you. Until then, thank you again for your time and we remain with our very best regards,
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Spent 7 nights there from Xmas Eve 2012 and was very pleased - excellent accommodation and super value in very good location. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the dinner buffet was good value. We didn't have breakfast so cannot comment. The pool is small but ok for the purpose on a sunterrace. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Neil Harper, Aberdeen.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank neil h
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear Neil H,

thank you very much for your review of your experience during the Christmas period just passed.
We are happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable time and trust we will be able to welcome you back to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi in the near future and remain with our very best regards and best wishes for the New Year!
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel four times.The architecture is a bit naff but inside tells a different story. Quite sublime. Swish rooms , classy bars and very well looked after.I always love staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mitchsan
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Millennium Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Mitchsan,

A very happy New Year to you!

Thank you very much for your review on your Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi experience.
We really appreciate your continued patronage and look very much forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Overall Impression: Based upon our entire experience during our two night stay at the property, my wife and I would definitely recommend the Millennium Hotel and we would stay there again the next time we visit Abu Dhabi. Our advice to travelers would be to consider staying in one of the Millennium’s non-smoking Club Rooms. Reserving a Club Room includes a list of complimentary amenities such as Millennium Club Lounge access (15th floor), buffet breakfast, cocktails (7:00 PM to 9:00 PM daily), local newspaper (delivered to the room daily), late check-out (up to 4:00 PM based upon availability), one way transfer to/from Abu Dhabi International Airport, and wireless internet connectivity throughout the hotel. Please continuing reading for additional details on our stay.

The Hotel: We tend to stay in 4 & 5 star hotels that are historic, traditionally decorated (late 19th or early 20th century), and are located in the city center/urban core. The Millennium Hotel is not a 19th century property, but it is a 4/5 star hotel that is tastefully decorated in a traditional style and is well located within the city of Abu Dhabi (providing fairly easy access to the entire city). The hotel amenities include a pool, several restaurants, a lounge, and a wonderful daily continental buffet breakfast!

The Room: We reserved a non-smoking Club Room. Upon check-in, we were assigned room 914 (overlooking the Capital Garden). While not on the club level floor (and quite possibly a Junior Suite room), the room met all of our needs – comfortable queen bed, sitting area with sofa & chair, large bathroom with tub & shower, wardrobe with storage & safe, and a mini-bar. We do not remember if the room had an iron/ironing board – but if it didn’t, we are sure that they would be easy to obtain from the front desk.

The Staff: Overall, the staff members were nice and very friendly – this was especially true with regard to the staff in both the 15th floor Club lounge and the 2nd floor Citrus lounge. We did have one issue with the staff, though, which did leave a negative mark on our stay. We had difficulty getting the room that we reserved (a non-smoking Club Room). Upon arrival, we were told that the only rooms left were smoking rooms. Having reserved a non-smoking room, we declined the smoking Club Room assignment. We were then offered a smoking Junior Suite. Again we declined but made an offered to take a lower quality room that was non-smoking. We were then informed that the hotel was full and that important guests were occupying all the non-smoking rooms (such as members of a Formula One racing team). We pointed out that we were guests of the hotel, too. At this point the person checking us in (looking very un-happy) made a phone call and suddenly a non-smoking Club Room was ‘released’ to us. Our experience at the hotel would have been so much better if (1) we were not lied to and (2) we didn’t have to spend 20 minutes haggling for our room!

Arriving: We arrived in Abu Dhabi (shared taxi ride from Dubai) at the Central Bus Station. We then took a quick taxi ride (less than 10 minutes) from the Central Bus Station to the Millennium Hotel. The 90 minute journey between Dubai and Abu Dhabi is straight forward and there are several options available (private car, taxi, shared taxi, RTA bus). Our shared taxi left from the Ibn Battuta Metro Station in Dubai and safely delivered us to the Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station 90 minutes later. The taxi – shared by seven people – costs 30 AED per person. NOTE: The taxi holds seven people but you are welcome to buy more than one seat (if you desire more room for the journey). Even though there were two of us, we bought three seats – thus providing more room for the journey!

Departing: We departed Abu Dhabi from the Abu Dhabi International airport (AUH). As part of the Millennium Club package, we were entitled to complimentary one way airport transportation. We took advantage of this service when departing the hotel. The car service was prompt, clean, and it took about 30 minutes to travel from the hotel to the airport. Our driver was excellent – especially considering we needed his services at 5:15 AM (for our 7:30 AM flight).

Tips: Walk the Corniche towards the Emirates Palace hotel (although you will need a taxi to take you all the way to the Emirates Palace). Visit the Emirates Palace hotel (you will be turned away at the gate if you are wearing shorts!). Visit the Sheikh Zayed Mosque (tours are provided). Take a taxi (20 minute ride) to Yas Island to see Ferrari World, the Abu Dhabi Formula One race track, and the Yas Viceroy hotel (there are several bars/restaurants at the hotel). Most of all, enjoy your time in Abu Dhabi!

Room Tip: Reserve a Non-Smoking Club Room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert N
Dear Robert N,

Happy New Year to you and your wife!

I cannot thank you enough for the extensive feedback that you have posted in your review, both on the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi and its services, but also on Abu Dhabi as a destination. We all appreciate this very much! I have taken note of your remark and experience during check in and we will ensure that this is being looked into. I hope we will be able to welcome you and Mrs N again to Abu Dhabi and the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi in the not too distant future.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

This was my first trip Abu Dhabi and stayed for two weeks at the Millennium; Dec 13th - Dec 28th, 2012. I am a full time professor (Glendale Community College) from Phoenix, Arizona and was here teaching a class for Bright Vision and the Abu Dhabi Police Department. I was truly impressed with this hotel and the professional demeanor of the tremendous staff. I had numerous outstanding, kind and professional greetings and assistance from many different staff members and all my needs were quickly met.

I ate in the Citrus Restaurant at least twice per day during my entire stay. The staff was exceptional and better than any service that I have ever received from my travels throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. They were truly amazing and friendly / helpful and appreciated helping their guests.
One staff person made an unbelievable impression on me; her first name was Su, a young beautiful 27 year old waitress who constantly seem to strive to make my stay more pleasant and the other patrons that she served. Each day she had the ability to brighten my day along with her other guests, from her constant positive service based glow and delightful contagious smile. This person was one of the best waitresses that I have ever had the pleasure to encounter during my travels. I am even going to add my name to this post to put my name with my glowing recommendation for this hotel and the Citrus Restaurant within the hotel.

Thank you for making my trip wonderful !

Jeff

Dr. Jeffeory G. Hynes, Ed.D.

jeff.hynes@gccaz.edu

Room Tip: My room on the 5th floor was excellent; great views
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff H
Dear Dr Hynes,

Firstly let us wish you a ver Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for your extensive review and glowing feedback on the service received by Ms Su in particular. I can tell you she was overwhelmed upon reading your post.
We are very happy to have been able to serve you well and that your stay in Abu Dhabi was an outstanding one. We all look very much forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi in the near future.