“Service Second To None”

Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #53 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Staying in hotels all over the world all year round tends to make you a bit cynical. That is why the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi was such a wonderful surprise. Every member of staff subscribes to the standard of exceeding your expectations regarding service and nothing appears to be too much trouble. From the Concierge to Reception to the Restaurants to the Spa - everyone is consistent in wanting your stay to be a memorable one. When you meet Nevine Albert - the
Director of Public Relations & Communications - you understand why. She truly lives and breathes customer service and it appears that it has rubbed off on the entire staff. Not only would I personaly recommend this hotel - it will be the only hotel I would ever consider staying at on my return to Abu Dhabi. Well done Nevine and all the staff - you have taken customer service to a new level!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rick F
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear Rick F,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are extremely happy to read that you have enjoyed your visit to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi and that you have enjoyed our offerings very much. Our teams are very happy to read you personalized commendations towards Nevine, who has successfully managed to place you at the “Centre of our World.”
Do come by again soon and until then we remain with our very best regards,

Ruprecht Schmitz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,450)

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed here 1 night and I was very impressed. The staff was kind and very friendly. I ended up with a corner junior suite because of room availability. I was not complaining as I enjoyed the larger room. My only complaint was the light switches. With so many of them, it took me a little time to figure out which one to turn lights on and off and which were duplicates. I never did learn how to turn off the sound in the bathroom.

It is walking distance to a lot of sights downtown. The city mall is right down the street.

Overall a wonderful stay. I wish I could had stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe T

Dear Joe T,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay. We’re happy that you had a wonderful time. We will soon be refurbishing our rooms and will take note of your comment regarding the light switches in the suites. Do come by again soon and until then we remain with our very best regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The Millennium is my regular hotel in Abu Dhabi and I have spent many happy nights here. I did review the property a few years ago and after a recent stay it is well worth reviewing again.

In all respects the hotel delivers an excellent product and service:

i) They have great attention to detail (example: a mat is put by the bed as part of the turndown service)
ii) The fittings and furniture are of high quality and still in good order after at least seven or eight years of operation
iii) Food and drink remains first class - the excellent Cristal bar still serves good cocktails, Sevillos remains a great Italian and the Moroccan restaurant Marrakesh is great fun with a belly dancer if you arrive late enough
iv) Staff are friendly and deliver good, personal service without being intrusive.

The location is good, being right next to the Corniche for those evening walks. Taxis are plentiful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LSEOliver
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear LSEOliver,
Many thanks for taking the time to share the experience of your most recent stay at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. It’s wonderful to note that your stay was memorable and that our entire team has successfully managed to place you at the Centre of our World. Thank you very much for writing and we very much look forward to welcoming back you soon! Until then, we remain with our very best regards,
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 9 May 2013

After lengthy stays at 4 and 5 star hotels in the USA, Europe and other Middle East countries since my last visit to Abu Dhabi, I have just been reminded of what makes a hotel feel really special, and it is the staff! Whilst in Abu Dhabi for these past two months or so, I've toured round some of the spectacular newer hotels which have started operating since my last visit.
However, it is only on returning to the Millennium that I really FEEL I am in a place where I really want to be.
To focus on an area I have not previously commented on: last week I visited Sevilo's restaurant on the L2 floor for Friday brunch. Right from a warm welcome from the friendly manager, Omar, to excellent service from all the chefs and staff, to the relaxing yet unobtrusive live music provided by the ever-charming Rosario, to first class food served in lovely surroundings, I was made to feel like I was back home. Yet again, the Millennium proves to be a great choice!
It seems unfair to single out individual staff because all give superb service, but staff such as driver Hussein, Sajan in reception, manager Krishna and staff Su and Binu in the Citrus restaurant, Linda, Kumar, Ram and Luis in the spa, and room attendant Maria, are shining examples of what gives this hotel the edge over most others.
Thank you.

Room Tip: One side gives a lovely view of the sea but tends to be noisy at certain times of day. The other has...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank fineth
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear fineth,
It was an immense pleasure to read your comments regarding your recent stay. I’m thrilled to hear that your visit was another memorable stay and that our team has succeeded where it counts most, making you feel right at home whilst delivering service that warms the heart! Especially Hossein, Sajan, Krishna & the team, Umair, Maria, Linda, Kumar, Ram & Luis are very pleased to read your particular mention.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Good: Great value for money. Extra bed at no additional cost. We got the corniche facing room, so the view was amazing.
Bad: No combo offer for breakfast. Expected a little more courteous staff.
Overall: Thumbs up! Wil go there again.

• Stayed: April 2013
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Dear Anjana W,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. We are very happy to read your comments, though it seems unfortunate that our team has not successfully managed to inform you of all offers available, including our special breakfast offers. We do hope you’ll visit us again soon and until then we remain with our very best regards,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Lovely hotel. Friendly staff. Su in Citrus always friendly and smiling, front desk always helpful. Room kept really well by housekeeping, only request would be please don't move things from where I have put them to where you prefer them. I.e bins, bathroom scales etc. food always nice quality, healthy options and tempting but indulgent sweets. Pool is smallish but not busy and staff are friendly. In fact friendly people are a feature of this hotel. Well recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 769Happy1
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear 769Happy1,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are extremely happy to read that you have enjoyed your visit to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi and that you have enjoyed our offerings very much. Our teams are very happy to read your commendations especially towards Su.
Do come by again soon and until then we remain with our very best regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2013

My Name is Sujith OLACHERY, The service provided by the hotel is excellent. The staff at the reception, restaurant and house keeping are very friendly. I had an exciting memory to share is that I forgot my vallet one day night at the Citrus Restaurant and the restuarant was very busy their staff were very committed and honest and called up my room and delivered the vallet to my room. The food at the restaurant is excellent. One of the friendliest person I met in the hotel is Mr. Krishna , Restaurant Manager. I noticed that, he always welcome and help the guests in a very good way and in a well responsible and friendly way. My special thanks to Kirshna and his team at the hotel.
The quality of the room is excellent . The gym is fantasitc and a nice swimming pool too. In overall I felt it as an exellent hotel. Wish you all the best and Keep it up your good service.

Room Tip: I am a non -smoker. So always ensure you wish to have a smoking or non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sujith O
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Dear Sujith O,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. It’s great to note that the team particularly at the Front Desk, Housekeeping and Citrus have successfully managed to place you at the “Centre of our World.” Your glowing comments regarding Krishna and his team are very well received. Do come by again soon and until then we remain with our very best regards,