“good and friendly place”

Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #46 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Europe
“good and friendly place”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Though six weeks in a nice hotel can sound great those that do it know that all too often it can quickly become something of a chore ( I know it is a nice problem to have !) Anyway I am just finishing a six week stay at this lovely hotel and can only repeat what I have said previously, it is the people that make the difference. It is rare to find an unhelpful member of staff. From smooth check in to clean rooms, to nice food no complaints at all, always made to feel welcome and when little things go wrong..and I do mean little things - such as keys stopping working they are quickly rectified with a smile.

It seems unfair to single out specific staff as the whole experience is good but I will name a few who I have had particular contact with and who have continually impressed over the six weeks......Hussein - the smoothest driver in town ! Krishner and the team in Citrus with particular thanks to those who have put up with me the most: Su, Else, Binu and May ye. Thanks to the cleaning guy on the sixth floor - who seems to tidy so well yet leave my bits and bobs just where I want them. and finally thanks to the pool staff for their smiles and endless patience I see as they guide young ones back to shallow water ! I hope to be back soon !

Room Tip: depends if you want to see sea or park
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank timmy1011
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear timmy1011,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. It’s great to note that the team particularly at the Front Desk, Housekeeping, Citrus and Le Club have successfully managed to place you at the “Centre of our World.” Your glowing comments regarding Krishna and his team and not to forget Mr. Hossain, the smoothest driver in town, are very well received. We hope you will be back to Abu Dhabi and our property very soon. Until then we remain with our very best regards,
Ruprecht Schmitz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Staying in hotels all over the world all year round tends to make you a bit cynical. That is why the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi was such a wonderful surprise. Every member of staff subscribes to the standard of exceeding your expectations regarding service and nothing appears to be too much trouble. From the Concierge to Reception to the Restaurants to the Spa - everyone is consistent in wanting your stay to be a memorable one. When you meet Nevine Albert - the
Director of Public Relations & Communications - you understand why. She truly lives and breathes customer service and it appears that it has rubbed off on the entire staff. Not only would I personaly recommend this hotel - it will be the only hotel I would ever consider staying at on my return to Abu Dhabi. Well done Nevine and all the staff - you have taken customer service to a new level!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rick F
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear Rick F,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are extremely happy to read that you have enjoyed your visit to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi and that you have enjoyed our offerings very much. Our teams are very happy to read you personalized commendations towards Nevine, who has successfully managed to place you at the “Centre of our World.”
Do come by again soon and until then we remain with our very best regards,

San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed here 1 night and I was very impressed. The staff was kind and very friendly. I ended up with a corner junior suite because of room availability. I was not complaining as I enjoyed the larger room. My only complaint was the light switches. With so many of them, it took me a little time to figure out which one to turn lights on and off and which were duplicates. I never did learn how to turn off the sound in the bathroom.

It is walking distance to a lot of sights downtown. The city mall is right down the street.

Overall a wonderful stay. I wish I could had stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe T
Dear Joe T,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay. We’re happy that you had a wonderful time. We will soon be refurbishing our rooms and will take note of your comment regarding the light switches in the suites. Do come by again soon and until then we remain with our very best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The Millennium is my regular hotel in Abu Dhabi and I have spent many happy nights here. I did review the property a few years ago and after a recent stay it is well worth reviewing again.

In all respects the hotel delivers an excellent product and service:

i) They have great attention to detail (example: a mat is put by the bed as part of the turndown service)
ii) The fittings and furniture are of high quality and still in good order after at least seven or eight years of operation
iii) Food and drink remains first class - the excellent Cristal bar still serves good cocktails, Sevillos remains a great Italian and the Moroccan restaurant Marrakesh is great fun with a belly dancer if you arrive late enough
iv) Staff are friendly and deliver good, personal service without being intrusive.

The location is good, being right next to the Corniche for those evening walks. Taxis are plentiful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LSEOliver
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear LSEOliver,
Many thanks for taking the time to share the experience of your most recent stay at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. It’s wonderful to note that your stay was memorable and that our entire team has successfully managed to place you at the Centre of our World. Thank you very much for writing and we very much look forward to welcoming back you soon! Until then, we remain with our very best regards,
Yours sincerely
UK
Reviewed 9 May 2013

After lengthy stays at 4 and 5 star hotels in the USA, Europe and other Middle East countries since my last visit to Abu Dhabi, I have just been reminded of what makes a hotel feel really special, and it is the staff! Whilst in Abu Dhabi for these past two months or so, I've toured round some of the spectacular newer hotels which have started operating since my last visit.
However, it is only on returning to the Millennium that I really FEEL I am in a place where I really want to be.
To focus on an area I have not previously commented on: last week I visited Sevilo's restaurant on the L2 floor for Friday brunch. Right from a warm welcome from the friendly manager, Omar, to excellent service from all the chefs and staff, to the relaxing yet unobtrusive live music provided by the ever-charming Rosario, to first class food served in lovely surroundings, I was made to feel like I was back home. Yet again, the Millennium proves to be a great choice!
It seems unfair to single out individual staff because all give superb service, but staff such as driver Hussein, Sajan in reception, manager Krishna and staff Su and Binu in the Citrus restaurant, Linda, Kumar, Ram and Luis in the spa, and room attendant Maria, are shining examples of what gives this hotel the edge over most others.
Thank you.

Room Tip: One side gives a lovely view of the sea but tends to be noisy at certain times of day. The other has...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank fineth
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear fineth,
It was an immense pleasure to read your comments regarding your recent stay. I’m thrilled to hear that your visit was another memorable stay and that our team has succeeded where it counts most, making you feel right at home whilst delivering service that warms the heart! Especially Hossein, Sajan, Krishna & the team, Umair, Maria, Linda, Kumar, Ram & Luis are very pleased to read your particular mention.
Yours sincerely
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Good: Great value for money. Extra bed at no additional cost. We got the corniche facing room, so the view was amazing.
Bad: No combo offer for breakfast. Expected a little more courteous staff.
Overall: Thumbs up! Wil go there again.

• Stayed April 2013
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear Anjana W,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. We are very happy to read your comments, though it seems unfortunate that our team has not successfully managed to inform you of all offers available, including our special breakfast offers. We do hope you’ll visit us again soon and until then we remain with our very best regards,
Yours sincerely,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Lovely hotel. Friendly staff. Su in Citrus always friendly and smiling, front desk always helpful. Room kept really well by housekeeping, only request would be please don't move things from where I have put them to where you prefer them. I.e bins, bathroom scales etc. food always nice quality, healthy options and tempting but indulgent sweets. Pool is smallish but not busy and staff are friendly. In fact friendly people are a feature of this hotel. Well recommended.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 769Happy1
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear 769Happy1,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are extremely happy to read that you have enjoyed your visit to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi and that you have enjoyed our offerings very much. Our teams are very happy to read your commendations especially towards Su.
Do come by again soon and until then we remain with our very best regards,