“Relaxing Stay”

Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Fantastic hotel, huge clean rooms with all the basic amenities needed. Breakfast at the citrus was delicious with a wide range of food both hot and cold available. Krishna the manager was very helpful. There are many taxis outside or one of the concierge will happily call one for you. The hotel is very close to the corniche beach and also has a free shuttle bus service to the corniche and to the marina mall, a decent shopping mall. Overall a fantastic stay at the millenium hotel abu dhabi. Will be visiting again soon.

Room Tip: The higher level rooms are away from the bar on the lower floor so choose higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear ani_sunshine,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your recommendation. We await your next visit, in the not so distant future and we look forward to being of service to you again.

There are newer reviews for Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Overall good with nice staff & good location but I found bath towels not well clean plus the room curtain & also I ask for non smoking room but due to unavailability I get smoking room.
Anyway it is OK

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Yasser Mostafa M,
Thank you for reviewing our property and your kind comments. Your comment regarding the room curtain has been well noted and we are looking into resolving this problem. We await your return and look forward to being of service to you again. Until then, we remain with our best regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel and staff was great. I enjoyed my stay very much. I travel a lot and have stayed at many hotels of this level. I have no complaints. The food was great in all the restaurants. The Citrus downstairs has some of the best food in town and Krishna the manager was very helpful. The entire staff was genuinely friendly and interested in what they could help you with to make the stay more comfortable. Sangay was on duty when I came in at 3 in the morning and he was glad to help me get sorted out. He has been helpful in several things during my stay. This is a very well run hotel and I would recommend it to my friends. There is a problem with parking in this city and it affects the hotel sometimes too. I just call ahead and arrange to have my car brought up at a certain time if I have a meeting, no problems once we figured it out.
Best Regards,
Scott
PS Don't miss Moroccan night the food and show was awesome!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Scott T,
Thank you for reviewing our property. We are very happy to hear that our team has achieved our company objective in being successful in placing you at the “Centre of Our World” most notably from Sanjay, Krishna & His team. We await your return and look forward to being of service to you again. Until then, we remain with our best regards,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I did not think that this was a great hotel. While waiting for our room to be ready, a colleague and I ordered coffee, but he was served tea instead. The room was quite ordinary. The desk was narrow and the chair not particularly suited for working for very long. No unoccupied electrical outlets were located near the desk. I could not adjust the thermostat away from 18 degrees, so finally turned off the fan to avoid the chill. The hair dryer did not work.

The breakfast buffet had fewer choices than any of the last 30 hotels I have stayed at in Asia. The food was OK, but there was no host or hostess to seat anyone. Checkout was smooth. A hotel car was booked to take me to my next destination, in Dubai, but the driver took me to the Dubai airport instead.

Overall, enough small things were wrong, so that I won't be back. But maybe I was just unlucky.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear David W,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologies for not so nice experience you’ve had with regard to your colleague’s coffee order and transportation request. We are looking in to these matters to avoid them from re-occurring. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused. I respectfully asks if you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.
General Manage

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I went to abu dhabi for business trip
i stayed for 3 days
The room is big tidy and comfortable
Restaurants are quite luxurious
Breakfast has a lot of variety
In summary, i recomend this hotel for business

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Sabynhs,
Thank you for review on our property. Thank you also for your kind comments on our choice of menu’s and cuisine in the hotel. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. We await your return and look forward to being of service to you again. Until then, we remain with our best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 days.

Welcome: very good, we were met at the taxi and our luggage was taken. We checked in quickly and the staff were very good.

Room: traditional style but clean and very big. Lots of storage space, Big bed. Our view was over the park. We had an issue with wifi on the first night and couldn't access it at all. in the morning, it connected straight away!

Room service: we used it twice, once for dinner and once for lunch. It was quick once and VERY slow the other. The food was nice and warm. Price was fine.

Pool: the pool area is small, less than 20 sunbeds all with umberellas. The pool was very warm, Im not a 'pool' person but it was great. It also had a covered section which was nice to sit under. ......... only issue: the sun goes behind the building at 1.40/2PM, therefore no sun. It was SO HOT two of the days, I couldn't sit in the sun until 1.30, so I got 30 mins of sun!! This is a business hotel, so this wont bother lots of people but it drove me crazy!

Situation: the hotel is a few blocks back from the Corniche. One evening, we walked from the hotel towards Etihad Towers. After 80 minutes, we were nowhere near and jumped in a taxi. A taxi back was less than 10 minutes.

It was very good value for what we paid and I would stay there again, as long as it wasn't a sunbathing break!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GlasgowSiobhan,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.Your feedback is much appreciated and our food and beverage team have been retraining our room service department and addressing operating equipment to ensure they deliver on their service time promise. We eagerly await your next visit, in the not so distant future and look forward to being of service to you again. Until then, we remain with our very best regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed there 1 day only, standard room cost me 150$. In check in they take 500 dirham deposit (~140$). Most of all I like view from my room. Room was large enough for 1 person, but I have twin beds, anyway it was large enough. but I'm 155cm, so every bed is large enough for me :)
Furniture wasnt new, and room was too dark, even with big window. Also I dont like bathroom facilities, it was like in 3 star. But overall room was clean and soundproof was also good enough, at least nothing disturbs me. Pool is small, but warm, pool workers was totally not helpful!!! They dont have ready chaise-lounge and even they stay like 3 meter away , they not help to put mattress on it and I physically cant do it by myself, because it was too high, just keep stare at me.
I like only steam in locker room.
Food in restaurant on ground floor was average.
Check in and check out was fast and professional, I guess because european reception worker.
Also some workers on main entrance was really nice and helpful, find me a taxi driver, who speak english at least 5%. Overall I like this hotel, but I find it overpriced, because price totally not match the quality, only I guess you pay for nice location and sea view.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Yuliya-Desertsnow,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologies for not so nice experience you’ve had with regard to bathroom amenities and the service of some of our lifeguards. I do appreciate your valuable feedback . We have looked in to these matters and steps have been taken to prevent such problems from re-occurring. We are sorry for the inconvenience and upset caused and we respectfully asks if you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.