“Good Value for Money but not a 5 stars hotel...”

Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 27 December 2010

We spent 5 nights at this hotel and we are overall satisfied as we booked few months in advance and managed to get a reasonably good rate.
We arrived quite late, around 11pm and we had to wait 20 min before we finally managed to check in and once we did our room was not ready, so they gave us instead a twin room (we had booked a superior king room), but we were jet lagged and far too tired to argue, all we needed was a bed, so fair enough.
Staff was very welcoming and kind, always doing their best to meet our need.
The buffet breakfast offered a good variety of cakes, pastries, bread, fruits, and cooked food...pity for the coffee, which was the kind you usually get in a regular cafeteria. I expect real coffee in a 5* hotel.
Location is good, close to all the main attractions that Abu Dhabi offers.
Gym is fine, but the pool is rather small, okay if you only like to take a dip but not for swimming. Sauna is also not bad, but the steam room is terrible, smelt of damp and it looks old.
In terms of restaurants, we never ate there because there are many other much nicer restaurant in Abu Dhabi. Once we tried to go to Marrakesh (it's their Moroccan restaurant) but it was so cold (for the air conditioning), smoky (people smoking in there) and loud (the live music) inside that we quickly went out!
We rented a car from Abu Dhabi airport, however the hotel offers a free shuttle to the beach and one of the main mall.
Internet connection is slow and expensive!
Having said all that if you book in advance and get a discounted rate this hotel is for a good value for money, however, if you are looking to treat yourself go somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank gloriajones

Reviewed 16 December 2010

The hotel has a decent location in the center. Reception staff is very friendly, though we had a long waiting time (two desks). Rooms are nice and spaceous and all neat and clean with a LCD-TV which is also connected to a speaker in the bathroom. The beds are maybe a bit hard, but of course that is a matter of taste. The breakfast selection is good, but things as hash browns and bacon should also be kept warm. These were presented on a plate and already cold. Again the staff very friendly. We also had dinner at the Marakesh restaurant, which was rather disappointing. They serve Arabian/Marrocan style food, but the taste and quality are poor and it is expensive. And the (supposed to be) hot dishes were also cold. They have live music and belly dance there.The music makes a conversation difficult/impossibel. But all in all - not bad.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2010

The service of this hotel is very good U will get quick response at any time.
& the rooms are very cleaned & nice feeling u will feel when u entered in room specially when you will get the room facing Sea side its terriable feeling...U feel like top of the sky.
food and other facilitys also good, staff is also good responding.
Its location is also good center of all area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank JayuBombay
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I booked this hotel at very good rate for the beginning of October and do not regret at all. All in all, we had very pleasant stay there. The check in was quick and we were given a room with an amazing view towards corniche. The lobby is luxurious and with special atmosphere, music, decoration, overall ambiance. The room was spacious and very well equipped, with all necessary amenities. Location is quite good on a quiet street, but at the same time at city center.

However, there are some minor cons i would like to mention, using business center and internet is a little bit overpriced. In the room was only one bathrobe and the tea/coffee making pot had an unpleasant smell. Slippers for a hotel from this class should be available to the guests too.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank fema
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I stayed here twice in Sept 2010. On the first occasion it was Ramadan and everything seemed very laid back and staff responded quickly and attentively.
The second time round, the service was very slow as they claimed hotel was at full capacity. They 'upgraded' me to a suite but I found toenail clippings in the bathroom from the last guest!
The location is good, central and convinient but apart from that I would avoid especially at busy times of the year (i.e. all year round apart from summer!)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank imzy78
Fawwad-Millenium, E-Commerce Executive at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment in the Trip Advisor. Your feedback is much appreciated to constantly benchmark ourselves and measure our service standards, to ensure that our guest’s expectations are met on each visit to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi.

With regards to your comment about the staff service attitude, and the unbecoming clippings you found in the bathroom which I agree to be completely unacceptable.

I have addressed this important aspect of service to their respective Department Heads and assure you that appropriate action was taken to ensure of no repetition of such incident.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi with a “Yes We Can” attitude.

Sincerely Yours,

Moine Kandil

Reviewed 6 August 2010

I come for business to Abu Dhabi on a regular basis, and this hotel is good value for the money I am paying. The rooms I stay in are immaculate and spacious, with high speed internet and fax. The view from the room: lovely especially in the day time and at sunset!!! The international staff is very nice and helpful and they almost know me by name. For my business purposes, the location is perfect as every office I go to is less than 10 Dirham away by cab (walking in the heat of Abu Dhabi is not a choice so that’s why I measure distances in Dirham :). The kind of customers you meet in the hotel are “high class” (you won’t have a backpacker in the room besides you making noise, that’s for sure!)
The food is great: Italian, Moroccan, and a high class buffet in the ground floor. I love the fact that they have smoked salmon for breakfast and what’s most important for me: A machine that presses the oranges for you –at your finger tip- to have a 100% natural orange juice pressed seconds ago!!!
The lobby is extremely well maintained! It’s not just clean buy immaculate!!! It has a strong luxurious look. Room service menu very handy –especially if you are busy working in the room and don’t have time to go down to any of the restaurants-.
Had great sleep, and the call to prayer for me is a plus rather than an issue, as besides the fact that the “Moaddhin” (the caller to prayer) is really good and was performing amazingly melodically, it is a strong reminder for me that I am far away from home, and gives to my business trips also a relaxing leisure dimension.
One remark: One evening, I needed to scan a document to email ASAP but the business center was closed. Guest relations had no problem in opening the business center for me alone, to get my document scanned! That’s what I call customer service!!!
I’ll be going back soon, and probably more than once.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2010

It was one of the best nights we have ever spent in that hotel. The rooms were clean and tidy, the people that work their are so helpful and welcoming, the location isn't that bad seeing that it is in the middle of the city where everything you need is close by. The prices are ok seeing that the food and the rooms that are provided are high class. In night the sleeping quality is amazing where the hotel is really quiet and doesn't cause any troubles when it comes to sleeping.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business