“The beach is small but it's clean and quiet”
Review of Beach Rotana

Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Spent three days after a conference in this hotel which is truly superb. Older than the Park Rotana, it's also a genuine five star, has six restaurants and excels in service. Given that flights to Europe leave Abu Dhabi after midnight, they were kind enough to give us a late checkout for a nominal fee.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ann_Onimme
Graeme U, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Ann Onimme,

Thank you very much for the nice review that you have made on Trip advisor following your recent stay at the Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

It is always pleasing to receive such positive feedback on our restaurants and services.

I'm glad you appreciated the late check out.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance on any future trips to the hotel.

regards,

Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi

There are newer reviews for Beach Rotana

Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is a lovely hotel. All staff members are friendly and will go the extra mile for pleasing their guests. I stayed in the Club Room. The room was spacious, the furniture was new, the bathroom was really great with ceiling showers and a jacuzzi! Needless to say that the rooms and the hotel in general were very clean. I had breakfast the next day in the Club Lounge, where they had a generous breakfast boufet, and I had the pleasure of being served by one of the kindest waiters, who made sure I litterally had everything I wished to have. Although, I was offered a tour to see other hotel amenities, such as the swimming pool, spa, and beach area, I didn't have the time to see them during my stay. But from what I have seen and experienced, and given the price that I paid, I can surely say I had superb service at a reasonable price. If I ever need a room in Abu Dhabi, Beach Rotana would be my first choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bash123_12
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

In behalf of the team, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I booked into the Beach Rotana Suites as it is nice for our 9 year old to have a seperate room to sleep in.
The website does state that 'The Beach Rotana Suites are located approximately 150 metres from the main hotel. They have a separate check-in and reception area as well as a coffee shop in the lobby, 24-hour room service and access to the Beach Club.'
We did'nt realise this was a 150m walk up a main road or through a shopping center. The suites are not attached to the hotel grounds.
We spent one night in the suites before moving to the hotel - Thank You.
The reception area is small though nicely furnished. The coffee shop is right next to thy reception and there is no natural light in here. The staff were really friendly though seemed genuinely surprised that we wanted to move to the hotel instead of staying in the suites.
The suite is a good size and has a modern decor. The kitchen is compact but has a large fridge, microwave/cooker, washing machine, kettle. There was a lack of cutlery and crockery, i don't know if it had been broken/ pinched but it hadn't been replaced. The lounge had a sofa, table and chairs, a single bed had been put in for our son. The bedroom had a comfy double bed the most wardrobes i have seen in a hotel room. The bathroom although a good size had a very 80s feel, with cream n coral tiles! This is probably a good option if you are on business and have to have a long stay.
The hotel rooms are spacious even with a double bed, single bed, sofa, chair, table, TV cabinet, writing desk. We had a nice big balcony - the view isn't great at present as with anywhere in Abu Dhabi there is a lot of building work happening. The bathrooms are big with separate walk in shower and jacuzzi bath. The strange thing is having a hatch between the bathroom and bedroom, it has doors but with a pattern in holes so if someone uses the bathroom in the middle of the night the bedroom is illuminated! A Small thing!!
The reception at the hotel is big and airy. Classical music is played every evening by two ladies one on the piano and the other on the flute. Drinks are served here but not alcoholic ones. We ate at Essence seafood all inclusive buffet. Well worth the money app.£50 per person including wine or beer, and our waiter was good a soon as my glass was empty he came and filled it up. The seafood included all the major things you could think of including lobster, oysters, prawns, mussels, cockles and fish cooked in many ways. Then to top the meal off the desserts were incredible. We ate in Trader Vic's again the food was very very good and not overly expensive. Be aware that children under 12 have to be out of the restaurant by 9pm and are not allowed in the restaurant bar area.
I didn't use the spa or gym, but the garden, beach and pool area are very nice and feel comfortable to relax in. There is a shaded childrens pool. Childrens play area also under cover, plus a table tennis table and basket ball hoop. There is a indoor childrens room for the younger ones but i don't know exactly what was available.The pool is a reasonable size for kids to play whilst others exercised. The life guards are probably some of the most attentive I have seen, they really did watch the children.
A very good hotel for couple or families.

Graeme U, Owner at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear delacourt,

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

It is always pleasing to receive positive feedback on our services within the hotel.

This is something that we strive to continually improve.

I will personally check on your coments raised in regards to the Suiyes cafe in order to make any required improvements.

I'm glafd you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Beach Rotana and the city of Abu Dhabi on any future trips.

regards

Executive Asst Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I really would recommmend this hotel as it
is clean,room sevices are fab and pools are great for both
adults and kids. The staff were very polite and well manned and so are all the
other guests in the hotel. Even though I went in ramadam they still kept me full up.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank olivia b

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband is working in Abu Dhabi so me and my daughter who is nearly 3 visited mid feb. The hotel is gorgeous and nothing is too much trouble. The ladies at reception were friendly as were the staff in the breakfest restaurant always entertaining my little one-she particularly loved their gifts of a duck with a chefs hat and pots of jam!

Breakfast was lush but we mainly ate in the food court of the mall in the evening as she is not quite ready for the 5 star restaurants.

The building work is not a problem and expected in a city that is developing.

I wish I was there still now....sigh!

1  Thank lizjane79

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I highly recommend this LHW property due to the following reasons -
- excellent service
- great rooms
- a lot of different restaurants with great food
- breakfast you never forget - and you won't have a chance to become hungry by the lunch time
- territory and pool
- SPA center
- excellent fitness machines
- friendly-helpful-great staff!

Room Tip: Book a Club level room - and you'll have access to all Club Rotana facilities - excellent choice

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Was looking for a few days break in Abu Dhabi with my wife and daughter. The Beach Rotana was ideal. Excellent service, lovely room and great facilities - the pool area and health center are particularly good. Would recommend both for business or a short break.
We had breakfast included - an excellent selection of hot & cold foods of all description.
So, any problems ?
Didn't think the Internet service was up to the task and didn't like the smoking in lobby and other inside public areas. I think they try to cover up the smell with heavy perfume. Fed this back to the hotel and got a nice letter back from he management advising that they are investigating these issues.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Crikey_Mikey123
Graeme U, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Prairie Pete,

Thank you for your kind review which you have completed in reference to you recent stay at the Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

We are indeed proud of our services and continually strive to make the necessary improvements.

In regards to the internet we are working on a daily basis to make further enhancements.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the hotel.