“One of my favourites”
Review of Beach Rotana

Beach Rotana
Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Perfectly relaxing haven from the hustle bustle of the big city.

We stayed here for a week, and this is one of my favourite hotels so far. I can't recommend a visit here strongly enough. Everything about the rooms and communal areas was immaculate. The beach area was small, but never got busy, and the same with the pool area too. No mad rush to reserve seats, just perfect white sands and clear blue water which was about the temperature of bath water. The only thing that was a potential let down was the building work that was going on at the opposite side of the lagoon- not noisy, but just not a great view. However, Abu Dhabi pretty much has building work going on everywhere at the moment, so can't complain.

Reception staff were really helpful, arranging cars as and when was needed. The staff in the restaurants were really friendly too, and used our names after learning them on the first day which really added the personal touch.

The main restaurant was buffet, which an always be hit and miss, but here was impressive, top quality food. We also ate at Prego, the Italian restaurant which was fantastic, and again the staff here were very attentive.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Jalal N, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Dear jenniferlou1

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.
It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff accommodating to your needs.
It was also nice to read that you enjoyed essence ,Prego's,reception service and the recreation facilities.

There are newer reviews for Beach Rotana

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at the Beach Rotana last week just for one night. As I was promoting my company I had been busy all day with meetings. From the moment I arrived, checked in I felt relax and comfortable. I was waiting for my check in process to start and a Front Office staff came to me with a beautiful box of Arabic cookies. I was touched and made my waiting more enjoyable. In the evening i was catching with a friend who's starting a company too, we had dinner at the steak house, the meat was delicious and the service was efficient.
The following morning I had a very important meeting, as i was ready to leave for it I got stuck inside my room. The Safety chain on the door was blocked, i called the operator and within few minutes the team was on site trying to solve my situation. Under the leadership of mr Ramzi Alaawar, Assistant Director of Front Office I was able to be right on time for my meeting with a very important potential client. I am extremely grateful for his and his team efficiency.
What makes a memorable stay is the emotional experience you live during your stay, I would to say a big thank you to all the staff for their kindness and attention to detail.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear FHuet

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor

I was also pleased to read that our colleague Ramzi was attentive to your needs and assisted you throuout the stay.

Your commendation as well for Rodeo Grill was passed on the the restaurant team and they were pleased to learnj that you had a nice experience with them.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

This hotel is amazing. We have stayed at many hotels throughout the world, but would say that this is one of the best. The service and attention to every detail was exceptional. The staff were friendly and helpful. There were many restaurants to choose from, private beach, swimming pool, spa, business centre. The hotel has access to Abu Dhabi Mall which is handy for shopping. We found the price of meals consistent with a 5 star hotel and nothing to complain about. If you want cheaper meals the mall has a food court.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Procom2106

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our colleagues friendly and helpful.It was also nice to read that you enjoyed the variety of restaurants and the link to Abu Dhabi Mall as well as the recreation facilities, spa and business centre.Thank you as well for your comment about the consistent pricing of the meals at our restaurants.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

This hotel is simply a delight. I am sure it helped that we were upgraded from a classic suite (55 sqm) to a premium suite (145 sqm) upon arrival, which has a truly cavernous main bathroom with Jacuzzi, proper jungle strength shower head (and a small bathroom with a smaller shower), but the overall feel of the place is just to so homely, yet proper. The staff are brilliant without exception, the breakfast buffet is wonderful (don’t overlook the cinnamon brioche next to the juices). Like another reviewer said, very cheerful and still very proper but never stiff.

The beach is 120m long and faces the pretty much completed-from-the-outside Sowwah Square construction development on the other side of a wide canal. People do water-ski or paddle on it occasionally. On weekends you may find 20 people in the beach water and 30 in the large main pool. On weekdays much less. The poolside restaurant for snacks, salads, cock/mocktails is very good, as are the other restaurants as far as we could tell. Room service is fast and very good. There is a popular shaded baby pool (0.5 m) and a nice little shaded playground, plenty of sun loungers on stone, on grass, under palms, under umbrellas and with full-on sun (used by many carrot-coloured people to my horror).

One can walk into the huge Abu Dhabi Mall directly from the hotel (in the back where restaurant Prego is). The mall has everything including a giant Coop hypermarket for groceries and cheap everything, if one does not like the branded shop prices, tucked underneath the mall. Ask for directions from the main entrance. There’s also a Tim Horton’s Café and Bake Shop next to the main mall entrance facing the street, which one can reach by leaving (!!) the hotel. Otherwise this is the kind of hotel you don’t feel the need to leave at all, safe for perhaps visiting the Grand Mosque, or maybe the Marina Mall/Heritage Village/Yacht Harbour complex on the seafront.

What could be better: As others have commented, check in /check out is sloooow. 4 computer terminals to do this just is not enough and there are queues which makes the all-important first and last moments a little tense. Please put in more computers! It is a very big hotel, which you don’t feel inside where it’s just cosy, but from the street you notice what a sprawling complex it is. (If given the choice opt for tower wing, not beach wing. It’s newer.) The other thing is that the person who cleaned the coffee mugs in the room seemed to only lightly wipe over them after use, so there’d be a sticky bit where someone with lip gloss drank from it?? Easy to fix no doubt.

We’ll stay there again. Family with one small kid.

Room Tip: choose the Tower Wing
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Enjoyingmytrip

Dear Enjoyingmytrip

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our recreation facilties and the link to Abu Dhabi Mall.

Your recommendations for our Front Desk were passed on to our Director of Front Office who thanked tyou for your valuable feedback .

Once again thank you for your time and We hope to welcome you back in the very near future to the Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Classic service and great food and rooms. The sea food night all you can eat buffet was excellent , with massive sea food selection. Great for access to shopping

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear lottie1979

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

I was peased to read that you enjoyed the service and found the Sea food good Value for money and good variety .

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Had 9 nights here in Sep/Oct 2012. Foyer and reception area spectacular and classy. Staff very friendly. Rooms good - nice desk space for work, good bathroom, comfortable bed. Only complaint is that wardrobe is very small.

Fantastic facilities - breakfast buffet superb.

However, extras at the hotel are very expensive - AED30 for 1 hours internet access. Even though they charge for internet (a disgrace in a 5 star hotel in my humble opinion), it really isn't very fast (either cable or wi-fi).

Restaurants etc in hotel are very expensive - even in comparison with other hotels and restaurants in tourist club area. What I found annoying is that the world and his wife seems to have discount cards for the restaurants and facilities in the hotel giving them c25% off. However, hotel residents paying a considerable room rate get no discount. I can't help felling that the prices are set very high to enable them to give the discounts. How they market their restaurants is a decision for them - but I felt a little ripped off by all this and was annoyed every time I was asked if I had a discount card when paying for meals etc. When I asked if there was a discount for residents, all I got was a sympathetic no and a smile. Got the impression not all the staff were comfortable with the situation.

Suggest people stay in the Beach Rotana only if they don't need Internet access and plan to eat elsewhere or have one of the ubiquitous discount cards, which they seem to give to everyone but hotel residents.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LingfieldGambler

Dear LingfieldGambler

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the facilities enjoyable and ogf high standard.

I have noted your comments about the rotana rewards Exclusive card and i would like to inform you that this card is available for any guest inhouse or not staying and they pay a yearly fee to get it and it is the most successfull membership in town in terms of the discounts and offerings it pays them back and it can be used in all Rotana hotels.As for inhouse guests we offer discounts only if you stay 30 days and above so mainly long staying guests would get the dicounts.

Once more thank you very much for your time and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future to the Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

4 point review:
-Located in the heart of the city right next to Abu Dhabi Mall. Not the most peaceful of locations,on the other hand you have everything you need right next door!
-The lobby area seems to be always bustling for some reason! Check in is quite smooth and staff is very polite and helpful
-There are 11 restaurants in the hotel! Italian, Indian, Seafood, Rib & Steak, coffee shop to name a few! They are all world class
-The real diffrentiator for this hotel is their amazing service - truly world class.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear IshtiJaved

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the restaurants and Mall next door.I was also proud to read that our colleagues were attentive to your needs.