“Still one of the best”
Review of Beach Rotana

Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Have been staying in this hotel for years, many other hotels opened after, but this place is still one of the best hotels in Abu Dhabi, nice restaurants, nice crowd, helpfull staff and nice location too

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
fouadh, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Dear Emma,

Thank you for your loyalty and continuous support to Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, your recent post on trip Advisor is a cherished reply to our colleagues hard work and dedication towards excellent customer service and satisfaction

Fouad Hamade
Executive Assistant Manager I/C Suites

Write a ReviewReviews (3,919)

Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is my favorite hotel in Abu Dhabi - the facilities are great, it has a wonderful location and it has a seriously good team, right from the top to the bottom. The service levels are extremely high and it seems as if everything just goes seamless.

The restaurants in the hotel are very good and it offers a wide variety, but nothing can beat Fins restaurant, the seafood restaurant. It is an absolutely must for anyone that visits the hotel (and in fact anyone that visits Abu Dhabi) AND it is great value for money - I had the best fish ever accompanied with excellent service and a good wine list.

I really enjoyed my stay with the hotel and hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: The suites overlooking the breakfast patio of the building is better (lower numbers) as the ones on...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Corit

Dear Corit,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, especially at the Finz Restaurant, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Beach Rotana once again.

Fouad Hamade
Executive Assistant Manager I/C Suites

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Allocated a standard room on arrival from Bangkok and given the option to pay for an upgrade to a premium room!!! (Having paid for a Club room). Pointed this out and after some discussion in the back office we were allocated what transpired to be lowest floor for Club facilities (13th of 20)!!! Poor noise insulation from adjacent rooms especially, a family room with children (and adult female) shouting and talking loudly, otherwise room was very good especially the bathroom. Food and drink very expensive in the hotel. 2 Swimming pools in shadow after 3 p.m. - all looking out at a huge building site (new hospital) and other building work surrounding the hotel - also seen from our room. Asked concierge about Dhow night dinner cruise and paid 300 dirhams each (approx £54, they wanted 450 each the following night (Valentines!!!). He said wine would be available and that it would be a buffet. Neither was correct - the drinks were water, 7Up or coca cola (not the end of the world) which they ran out of and the meal was sit down (not to our taste, just dished up in front of us, no music, no smiles, no talking, no entertainment, no commentary on any of the passing landmarks at all - 3 hours - glad to get off, as were lots of other people. Visited the Grand Mosque - absolutely the most beautiful building we have seen in the world - fabulous - not to be missed - it must be the 8th wonder of the world.

Room Tip: Pay extra for Club benefits - exclusive breakfast room, afternoon tea/snacks, evening drinks and fin...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helenamike
Graeme U, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

Dear helenamike,

Thank you for sharing your experience by posting a review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for highlighting your experience on the Dhow dinenr cruise. I have highlighted your comments to our Director of Front office and based on your feedback we will not look to recommend this external operator again to our guests.

The Club Rotana room tip you made, recognises the wonderful facility we have within Rotana hotels and I have shared your nice feedback to Ana, our Club Rotana manager.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your opinion on Trip advisor.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I've never stayed in this hotel so cannot make comments on the rooms. However, I've been to Rodeo Grill, Indigo, Benihana, Prego's, Essence, Trader Vic's all restaurants in the hotel and I have never been dissapointed. The firday brunch at essence is uniqu in the way that adjacent restaurants (Benihana and the german place) are part of the brunch adds a good value to the brunch experience. Essence brunch is one of my favorite.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear J4stmarried,

I am very pleased to learn that overall you have enjoyed all your recent dining experiences at the Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

Thank you for sharing your experience by posting a review on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

This hotel is linked to Abu Dhabi mall so great for shoppers.However I rate it as purely average,business hotel.The lobby is very bussy at most times.The japanese restaurant at the hotel was a nice experience and the food was excellent .The chef was very entertaining.The view from the rooms is very limited.You get told that the room is sea view and then you realise its only through a corner on the window.I would not choose to stay there since for the price I can certainly get a better hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Graeme U, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear Tayseer m,

I am very pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have stayed at the Beach Rotana once before and indeed wrote a review where I commented upon the questionable reference to "Beach".

On my most recent visit, however, I stayed in a Club Room and used many more of the hotel's facilities thus justifying a further review. The Club Room is excellent; spacious with all the amenities you would expect. Two features worthy of a specific mention are (a) the balcony, complete with table and chairs, and (b) the jacuzzi bath. Both are welcome additions. Taking a Club Room also provides you with access to the Club Lounge which is delightful. It too has a balcony and thus you can enjoy your breakfast, lunch, high tea, or evening canapes outside should you wish. At the time, I mentioned that the scrambled eggs on toast were the best I had ever tasted; a view I maintain.

I also used the outdoor swimming pool and surrounding lounge area which is quite superb. The pool bar is an excellent feature, allowing you to sit on a stool located within the actual swimming pool. I also had a massage at the spa which I very much enjoyed and would recommend.

Finally, the conferencing facilities (for that is why I was there) are very impressive. The hotel boasts a number of spacious plenary rooms with ample space for lecture theatres and guest seating. The catering and service provided at such events is extremely professional.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay much more than on my previous visit, largely because I was able to experience more of the facilities on offer.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Graeme U, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear CKGrout,

I am very pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your second visit with us at Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

Thank you for sharing your experience by posting a review on Trip Advisor.

The scrambled eggs in the Club Rotana are still as good as you remember and I'm prone to eating them on occasion myself.!

In terms of the reference to the word Beach, I would add that the Abu Dhabi sky and coastlines have changed significantly in recent years as the city has evolved.However, the Beach Rotana still remains an iconic hotel wihtin the city with a reputation for providing superb product and services.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Have been staying at this hotel off an on for six years on visits to Abu Dhabi. Even though it is not part of a major loyalty program, the beach Rotana is one of my favorite hotels for it's convenient, downtown location, proximity to the Abu Dhabi Mall ( it is adjacent) and excellent amenities and food installments. I particularly like the beautiful health club with gym facility overlooking the chanel and the new "Sowah Square" development across the channel. A series of pools and grass "beach" areas make for great relaxation, and all of the restaurants are great. There is a Benihana and Trader Vic's on the property, as well as an exclusive fish place on the water, an Italian place, and a renowned steakhouse. Also, the regular lobby biffet restaurant, "Essence", has a truly noteworthy buffet. Business center is well equipped and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful. This is a great hotel and I always enjoy my visits.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for a "Club Rotana" room - get access to the great lounge.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear BobFV1,

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

Thank you for sharing your experience by posting a review on Trip Advisor.

The Club Rotana room tip you made, recognises the wonderful facility we have within Rotana hotels and I have shared your nice feedback to Ana, our Club Rotana manager and her service team.