This Hotel is predominantly aimed at the Business market, we felt as leisure guests that we were very much second class citizens. We had booked a Club Rotana room to have access to the Club lounge after having had this facility at our favourite Hotel of the Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa in Dubai. We knew that this Hotel was not really a direct comparison as the Meridien is based on Jumeirah Beach and so therefore was much better placed for the leisure tourist market, however we were comparing the Club facilities and we didn't feel that The Beach Rotana service was anything in comparison to the Meridien. A prime example of this, was there was a Duty Manager who would come into the Club lounge nearly every day. He would completely ignore the leisure guests and would only perk up when there were business people to impress. This in my opinion was very rude, surely the staff should take an interest in all guests however much they are spending with you.
The lounge itself is a nice facility, but there is also room for improvement with regards to the customer service offered, there was definitely a two tier level of service between the business and leisure guests.
Moving on to the restaurants, we were very disappointed to see that all of the restaurants were very expensive, approx £37 per person for a buffet dinner in the buffet restaurant Essence, this seemed a little excessive! However the hotel is attached to the Abu Dhabi Mall where there is plenty of other places to eat, also we found a TGI Fridays just a bit down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 30 minutes away from the Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai International Airport. Home to the prestigious Abu Dhabi Trade Centre complex, our Abu Dhabi Beach Hotel is directly linked by an exclusive passageway to the over one million square feet Abu Dhabi Mall - the capital's most renowned shopping mall, which houses international brands, a 6-screen Cineplex and entertainment venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Beach Rotana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Beach Rotana Hotel Abu Dhabi