“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stayed at Beach Rotana for 4 nights in March for the first time.
We stayed in Club Room and we got upgraded to a Club Suite room. Well worth paying for Club room as you get buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails with free alcoholic drinks.
The staff in the club lounge are the nicest staff I have ever come across and made our stay very enjoyable.

I would have given this hotel 5 stars but the pool gets very busy Friday and Saturdays. You have kids splashing around in the adults pool making a nuisance of themselves and the lifeguards do not do anything about it.
Otherwise a fantastic stay and I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Use the mall next door for food as this is much cheaper than eating in hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sidkid43
Dear sidkid43 ,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

I have noted your comments related to our Pool side area, and have been addressed with the concerned Department Head for immediate action.
Regards,

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi. once again.

Beach Rotana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Doha
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed in the Rotana Beach Suites.

The rooms are spacious and after a day at work it felt like home.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Hotel is within walking distance and great to explore Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi Mall is attached to the hotel.

The beach is amazing to relax and take a break from the hectic life.
Food is excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Qatar2008

Spring Branch, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I started staying at the Beach Rotana during business trips back in 2005. Ask for a room in the newer tower which is to the left as you enter the lobby. The ones to the right were from the hotel that was originally built in the 70's.

In July of 2008, my wfe and I moved to Abu Dahbi and lived in the Beach Rotana Suites which technically is a part of the hotel but located at the far end of the Abu Dhabi Mall. We had a two bedroom suite on the 19th floor for three years and loved every minute of the experience. As a resident, you still have full signing previledges at all the hotel facilities and restaurants (and I seem to recall there were 11 restaurants). The pool and marina areas were great but they do get crowded on weekends. The Spa is well worth the price. And parking plus a grocery store and laundry are right downstairs. And you are connected to the Mall with additional shops, theater and more restaurants.

This is an expensive option for living in Abu Dhabi but the convenience and security plus the wonderful staff was worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer tower
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary B
Dear Gary B

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I was for many times in Dubai, I have seen the Burj al Arab,Burj Khalifa,Dubai Mall,etc.
Now I was looking for a week of leisure , somewhere where it is no winter cold,on the beach.
We prefere Dubai in winter ,because it is no more than 5 hours flying from home, instead Dominican Republic,Mexic with the same money.In Dubai, hotels with beach are very expensive so I looked for Abu Dhabi, and I found this nice hotel with small nice beach at the price for a normal hotel in Dubai. I had a premium room in the new building at a higher floor ,sea view and was wonderful.The rooms are clean,tea/coffes facility ,drink water every day.Very nice and helpful staff,from the door to restaurants,bellboys,reception.We had halfboard, and was OK, I prefere HB in UAE, because are buffets and you can find something to eat, instead to order something in town wich you don't know if you wiil like it.Something new for me in UAE they have a restaurant (Brau Haus) with pork meat,like hand of pork with cabbage,german food.
Yes the food and drink are not cheap but usually I take from duty-free when I come some bottles of wine and a couple of beers.
Like the others sead, the hotel it is linked to Abu Dhabi Mall where you can find fast-food,restaurants,supermarket,shops,but in UAE the only cheap things that I found was cigaretes and taxys.
They have a nice pool with warm water (30 degrees Celsius) ,a small sandy beach ,no waves becase it is at a chanel, plenty of sunloungers, ,not so many people when I was like in Dubai wher you must go early in the morning to get one.
Not much to see in Abu Dhabi , the Grand Mosk, Ferrary park,Emirates Palace,the Corniche,Marina Mall, like in Dubai but we came here for relax.
So if you are with bussines in Abu Dhabi or you want just to relax I think this it is a good location hotel,and you will no regret.

Room Tip: Premium rooms are in the new building which is higher, and you can ask for higher floor
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
fouadh, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear BoloTino

P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Just been to Abu Dhabi for 10 days break. The hotel is 5 star, absolutely fabulous. The food is excellent and the staff are excellent also. Good value for money.

Situated next door to the Abu Dhabi Mall, with own entrance from hotel into the mall. Centrally located and within walking distance of other hotels. Has its own private pool area and beach for relaxing and sun bathing.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear BoloTino,

Newport
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Beach Rotana it had something for all the family. Our eldest son enjoyed working out in the fully equipped gym that had personal trainers on hand to assist, whilst my youngest son enjoyed playing on the children's playground and paddling pool. The choice of restaurants was fantastic we dined in the Italian, Indian and German Restaurants. The Indian was excellent and much more authentic than the Indian Restaurants back home. I would not usually choose a German restaurant just personal preference, however, on this occasion it was superb, my husband and I both opted fpr the pepper encrusted beef.
The rooms were spotless and the housekeeping staff could not do enough for you. We were offered turndown service every night which was great.
The outside temperature at this time of year was perfect, ranging from 23 to 29 degrees.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sue T ,

Thank you for your recent post on Trip Advisor your comments are a cherished reply to our colleagues" hard work and dedication towards excellent customer service and satisfaction

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This Hotel is predominantly aimed at the Business market, we felt as leisure guests that we were very much second class citizens. We had booked a Club Rotana room to have access to the Club lounge after having had this facility at our favourite Hotel of the Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa in Dubai. We knew that this Hotel was not really a direct comparison as the Meridien is based on Jumeirah Beach and so therefore was much better placed for the leisure tourist market, however we were comparing the Club facilities and we didn't feel that The Beach Rotana service was anything in comparison to the Meridien. A prime example of this, was there was a Duty Manager who would come into the Club lounge nearly every day. He would completely ignore the leisure guests and would only perk up when there were business people to impress. This in my opinion was very rude, surely the staff should take an interest in all guests however much they are spending with you.
The lounge itself is a nice facility, but there is also room for improvement with regards to the customer service offered, there was definitely a two tier level of service between the business and leisure guests.
Moving on to the restaurants, we were very disappointed to see that all of the restaurants were very expensive, approx £37 per person for a buffet dinner in the buffet restaurant Essence, this seemed a little excessive! However the hotel is attached to the Abu Dhabi Mall where there is plenty of other places to eat, also we found a TGI Fridays just a bit down the road.

Room Tip: If you are looking to stay at this Hotel, book a Club Rotana room and try and get one on the higher...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 20MW10
Dear 20MW10,

Your constructive feedback related to the Club Floor is much appreciated, we have taken it on board, and was shared with the concerned department head for immediate action.