“Lovely Hotel, Attentive Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Rotana

and 1 more site!
Ranked #30 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Kent
“Lovely Hotel, Attentive Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

My wife & I stayed in the Beach Rotana on the second week in March for 3 days on the start of a trip round the UAE, and found the Hotel more than met our expectations. At check-in we were received by Christine, who welcomed us warmly, and was most pleasant and efficient. I upgraded to a premium room and was then given a further upgrade to a premium suite. The room was lovely, with a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the creek and the hotel pool and grounds. The rooms are large, very well equipped with everything you could possibly require. I particularly liked the “monsoon” shower , and my wife liked the designer gels and toiletries. The bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet and we slept very well. Breakfast was superb, with a large buffet choice and excellent food. The staff was attentive, and it was a great way to kick off the day. We ate in 3 of the restaurants in the evening, Trader Vic’s, Finz and Essence. In each of them the service was very good and the food was superb. The evening buffet in Essence was terrific and we were absolutely spoiled for choice. My favorite meal was in “Finz”, where the service was excellent and the fish was delicious. This has to be one of the best fish restaurants I have ever eaten in.
We spent a couple of afternoons by the pool, which has comfortable loungers, and good pool service by the staff. There are building works ongoing across the creek from the pool area, but within 10 minutes you just blank out the noise and relax and chill out.
The Brauhaus bar served a good choice of beers and food throughout the day, and my wife was particularly taken with the Goulash soup and apple strudel.
I used the business service centre for some last minute work, and found the lady receptionist to be friendly and efficient and the prices for using the internet and printing were very reasonable for a top class Hotel.
The Hotel is linked to the Abu Dhabi Mall, so a shopping trip is a must. Air conditioned hotel, straight into an air conditioned mall. Great for mid day shopping. It’s a very nice mall, with a good range of shops.
Throughout our stay he staff were very polite, professional and attentive. We really liked this Hotel and the staff. At the end of our 10 day Trip to the UAE which included a visit to Dubai, we returned to this Hotel for our last night before my wife flew home from Abu Dhabi. I booked a Hotel Limo to take my wife to the airport in the morning, and the concierge staff and driver took very good care of her.
Overall an excellent stay: very relaxing and comfortable, and I would definitely recommend this Hotel to any of my friends. My wife will be joining me in AD again later in the year, and we will certainly stay in the Beach Rotana again.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a premium room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi. once again.

P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

My stay at the Beach Rotana was generally a very positive experience - the staff went well out of their way to accommodate our family (even after we requested multiple room changes for various reasons) and were always very helpful. The beach was beautiful and there were lots of chairs so it never felt overcrowded.

The only downsides were firstly that there was no free wifi (not even in the lobby areas, which you would expect!) and the organisation of the Easter activities for children was poor (the timing kept being pushed back later and later with no explanation or announcement, so in the end most people seemed to just leave because the kids were getting agitated).

In terms of food, the breakfast selection was excellent, as was brunch at the weekend. Trader Vics had lovely staff and the food was delicious - top marks!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I have noted your comments regarding the Eastern Activities, and rest assured that necessary action has been taken by our Director of Food & beverage..

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

I have stayed at this fine Hotel several times and certainly I will come again.
The Hotel is superb from all aspects it is a true resort facilties, every thing for your comfort is available.
The location; staff and rooms are excellent. Especialy the front desk Manager Mr. Ramzi who made my stay a true pleasure.
The only thing is bad in this hotel is ,NO INTERNET, this is the only thing bad, most of hotels allover the world makes Internet available and free of charge.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are better than main building rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your loyalty and continuous support to Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, your recent post on trip Advisor is a cherished reply to our colleagues hard work and dedication towards excellent customer service and satisfaction

Ramzy has been complimented & recognized for going the extra mile to wow you,

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi. once

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

The hotel was amazing! The staff are very friendly and helped us with all our enquiries on arrival. The spa treatments were amazing I typically only go for one treatment on holiday but this time I went for 3 as the service was really good. Products are a little expensive to purchase. Both the Indian and Italian restaurants are very nice . The rooms are very clean. I will defiantly be returning already looking at flights. We were upgraded as well, which was great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear Guest,

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and please do let us know once you planned your trip

Venray, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Great hotel with own beach, swimming pool and lots of restaurants and bars. Staff was great and very helpfull and after 1 day evreybody welcomed you by name, very special and very attentive. Rooms slightly outdated but well equiped with everything you need and expect in a 5* hotel. Great choice in resaturants and bars in the hotel and furthermore everything within Abu Dhabi is in reach with a very cheap taxi and big shopping mall can be reached driectly via the hotel. NIce hotel for families, work and also if you trael alone. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear Beterams,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

An excellent hotel, well located within the Tourist Club Area and right next to Abu Dhabi Mall, the Beach Rotana as a bright airy entrance with attendant and helpful staff. A minor mix up with my reservation was dealt with efficiently and the offered upgrade acknowledged their desire to look after their guests. The room was large and well appointed with a balcony, large enough to accommodate a table and chairs on which to enjoy an early morning coffee. Breakfast buffet was sumptious and the short-order section was well staffed and quick to respond to a variety of requests. I did also try a couple of their restaurants during my stay and found these to be fairly unimpressive, but despite this the Beach Rotana is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in during visits to Abu Dhabi - I shall be returning...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear deMerclesden,

Wetherby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from our second holiday at this hotel in the last 6 months. On this trip we booked a studio in the apartments section of the complex. On arrival we were informed that we were being given a free upgrade to a Classic Suite. It was explained this was because we were returning visitors and because we had booked through Expedia. This was a great start to what turned out to be another fantastic holiday at Beach Rotana. I really can't speak highly enough about the facilities, restaurants and staff at this hotel. From Daniel at the front door to Chuda and Christian at the pool bar nothing was too much trouble. Similarly the managers Raymund at Reception and Katrina in Finz and Carl in Brauhaus were very attentive and helpful.
The range of restaurants in the hotel mean that there is something that will satisfy even the most discerning of diners. Indigo and Brauhaus were our favourites.
We also tried Room Service one night for dinner and it too was excellent in terms of the service, food and presentation.
This hotel is a must stay for visitors to Abu Dhabi

Room Tip: 17th Floor in the Suites is very quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Billytf,

I am very glad to know that for the second time our level of services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

Your compliments will definitely be shared with our team; whome we are proud off, as such flattering remarks continuously inspire us to do our utmost in everything that we do.