“If taking advantage of a special offer take proof!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Rotana

Ranked #32 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“If taking advantage of a special offer take proof!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The Beach Rotana is a nice little retreat within the city, it has a good variety of great restaurants, a nice (but very cold) pool and a really good gym. It's directly attached to Abu Dhabi Mall so is handy for a bit of shopping too.

I booked a weekend here specifically as there was a special offer with my frequent flyer program, however the hotel did their best not to honour the deal the staff (including the manager) seemed completely oblivious to the offer actually. I was supposed to get 1000 air miles and a complementary room upgrade but I seriously had to fight to get this, in fact the only reason I got it at all was because I had my ipad mini with me and was able to show the manager on his own hotels website what they were advertising.

Nice stay, may stay there again though there's a lot of competition.

Good: Food outlets, gym, Turkish bath.
Bad: The main lobby stinks of cigarettes as everyone in there seemed to be chain smoking which I believe is illegal but there you go. Room sound proofing is not great.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a beach wing room, these are far older. Opt for a room in the Tower which is a new build...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Pete,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while checking in.

You have raised a number of points in your review all of which have been cascaded to the respective Department heads for their follow up.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi. once again.

Beach Rotana
P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sohar, Oman
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I spent 1 night at this hotel for a business trip. However, I had my family with me and they were bored because I decided not to take wifi for 90 Dirhams/day (limited to 2 devices!!).

The location is great, close to the mall and to my business location.

Staff are always smiling and willing to help.

I just thought that the prices are very high for 1 night.

The room is wonderful. spacious and very well decorated.

Overall: the hotel is worth another stay, but during the low season I guess. I hope they decide to make the wifi free (complimentary) for their guests.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear Mujaini

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We spend 6 days with our kids (5 years and 15 month) at the Rotana Beach Hotel in AbuDhabi from the 25th of April to 2nd of May and yes it was raining all week. We booked a premium room and halve board.

Arrival:
Even so we have arrived very early, the booked room was ready for us and we could take it right away. It was to bad we could not have a breakfast on that day, even more as we didn’t have one when we left because it was 05am

Room:
The rooms are „ok“, it’s the basic I do expect by a 5* Hotel, even so the rooms are rather on the small side of what we are used to in this hotel category. We found the rooms are also very dark with the heavy wood furniture.
We also changed to a larger „suite with extra 15sqm“, which made it easier with kids and extra bed. Unfortunately the door system had always some issues and we had to get our access cards fixed 3 times and once we had troubles opening the door from the inside.

Food&Bevarage:
F&B is very nice, the breakfast as well as the dinner buffet was of a good standard.
The chefs working the buffet have been very pleasant. If we would have stayed longer it would have turned boring tough. As a personal note I like to recommend labeling the fruit juices in the morning directly on the dispenser.
I like to highlight that we had some of the very best French fries ever from the buffet at the Essence; excellent seasoned, crispy on the outside and flaky in the inside, just ask for a side order or tell them it’s for the kids, smile.
Also the fish was excellent in freshness and preparation.

Facility:
The Hotel is attached to the AbuDhabi Mall which is very convenient if you need a few small things, I would not say it has a big entertainment value.
The pool is ok, needs a little work but it was ok, even so I wouldn’t call it great as other travelers did. Also my wife saw alot of birds phoooo on the chairs and was a bit disturbed.
We didn’t eat at the other restaurants, but I found it disturbing people are smoking next to the other people eating.
WIFI/internet: can’t believe the hotel charged for internet access, in any coffee shop around the corner there is free access. Usually when I book hotel the charge for internet access is a disqualification point for me. Especially; if you see the price for it, I call this almost rude.

Service & Staff:
Plain and simply to say 2 thumbs up.
It would be nice if the managers also would have a smile in their face as the other staff does.

Room Tip: Make sure you are getting at least a suite, even the premium are on the small side.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Popcornlovers
Dear Guest,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed two nights and only thing I can say it was awsome. The lobbey and restaurants are fantastic, I had my best indian food there. the rooms are carefully designed. freash orchid flowers everywhere and staff ultimately polite and helpful. it is a high class hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ethan,

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

On our way back from South Africa we decided on a stopover for three nights in the Beach Rotana in Abu Dhabi. Tripadvisor reviews were good and we were not disappointed. What a fabulous hotel this is a touch of real luxury finishing of our holiday in style. From the minute you get out of the taxi at the door you are treated like an honored guest with staff to greet you and take care of your bags and to direct you, we were initially quite overwhelmed. We had booked a Club room and were directed to the correct floor for registration. This was done quickly and we were then offered a tour of the hotel facilities whilst our bags were taken to our room.The hotel is huge with lots of restaurants to suit all tastes next to open public areas to relax in.Our room was superb large space with huge bed large balcony and a luxurious bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and monsoon shower all dressed in marble finish. Brilliant white towels, dressing gowns and slippers. Besides buffet breakfast each day at 4pm they serve high tea in the Club Lounge with dainty sandwiches and cakes and tea and or coffee absolutely delightful. Then at 7pm a second extensive buffet with free drinks until 10pm.. fantastic! The hotel is set on its own man made beach with sunbeds and towels at no extra cost and there is also a pool. An area of the sea estuary is cordoned off for sea swimming this is surrounded by lawned gardens given over to sunbathing. The view from the room is of commercial buildings and building sites, however this does not detract from the pure pleasure of staying at this hotel. We have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world but none of them match the spontaneous friendly courtesy of this large hotel. Big in capacity and amenity small and friendly in approach we can't wait to return later this year.

Room Tip: If you can book a Club room to enjoy the added benefits and additional luxury
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Bazzer

Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Big hotel in the city center of Abu Dhabi - just beside a mall. The beach is a nice to have but if you really want to swim - do it in the pool. The rooms (at least at the club floor) are perfect: well equiped, huge balcony, huge bathroom incl. rain shower and whirlpool.
The only minus is sometimes as not all staff members speak English (besides good morning, thank you etc). Don't even try the hairdresser - worst ever.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor facing the sea - club floor is the best
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Your point raised regarding language barrier has been shared with our Learning and development center for further actions.

Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights in Rotana Beach club during business trip to Abu Dhabi. Hotel is nice with good location. Easy to get to the city center. Hotel rooms are ok but a bit small (standard with king size bed). Pool is ok. Clean and well maintained. There are plenty restaurants in the hotel as well in the close vicinity. I can recomend this place for a short stay for business trips although I will most probably not come here with family.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear D.K.,

i have noticed you comment related to the room size, we do have multiple room types that are bigger than our standard rooms, and are very much used by our family visitors.