“Adequate but not perfect.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Rotana

and 1 more site!
Ranked #30 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
london
“Adequate but not perfect.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is a second occasion I have stayed at this hotel, the hotel is a very decent four-star hotel but cannot in any shape or form be defined as a five-star hotel.

What is good:

1. Direct access to the Abu Dhabi mall.
2. Well located.
3. There is only valet parking, but it is free.
4. more than adequate towels.

Adequate-Almost everything else

1. The rooms – are small have small balconies, which have very adequate furniture, but in keeping with a top four-star hotel as opposed to a five-star hotel. ( Note comments about shower)
2. TV channels - are limited, and in keeping with a business hotel and not a vacation hotel.
3. Service.

Poor:-

1. Charge for internet, Dirham 90 per day.
2. They will try to nickel and dime you in a way that is entirely unusual.
3. no recognition of returning clients.
4. Seems like most clients are package clients so service in line with that clientele.
5. Building works next door, that I was not warned about and woke me up.
6. asked for a decent room as returning client, was told would need to upgrade, I explained I just wanted a nice one in class booked, was told all the same which is simply untrue as was travelling with others... just a lack of care...

Room Tip: ask to be as far from building work as possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Givemeaholiday
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The hotel got a very good location on the center of Abu Dhabi. When I was checking in with my family, room was not ready but receptionist offered us soft drinks. Our room was located on the 17 floor - room 1715 with very nice view of pool and Gulf sea. This is a large room with one bed room, living room, 2 bathrooms and large balcony. breakfast was very good with different options which serve all tastes. Hotel got a connection to Abu Dhabi mall for shopping lovers. I will come back again if I visit Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Beach Rotana is a solid 4/4+ hotel. I was in a standard king room facing the Cleveland Clinic (which is nicely lit at night). Although there were others near me on my floor, some with families, the rooms were well soundproofed, so noise was not a problem. AC in the rooms worked well. Fixtures in the room were fairly new and the room was well kept. The rain shower is a nice touch, as is the large lounge area when you first enter the hotel itself. There are about 7 restaurants here. I sampled a couple and the food was good. There is variety, and it is good quality, if not extraordinary. (Note: I did not eat at the high-end seafood restaurant).

What really stood out for me was the gym and the pool. Obviously with "Beach" in the title of the hotel, one is expecting something water-related. The pool does not disappoint. However, I imagine the pool could get crowded at peak times, as it is large but not enormous. (And I was not there on Thurs-Fri-Sat). There is a beach area, but it looks out on a causeway, not the sea. The gym is excellent. It is possibly the best hotel/resort gym I have seen, and I have seen some good ones. It is spacious and extensive, with great quantity and variety of cardio/free weights&strength machines/spinning class area/stretch area.

Breakfast was the standard European variety with some international options (dim sum & congee, and obviously decent middle Eastern fare). Overall, breakfast was good, but not excellent. Coffee was a bit slow at times when the breakfast room was crowded, but staff is attentive and courteous.

Overall, a very good hotel for either business or leisure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

My checking did not go well. Our driver dropped us at the lobby and we were told our rooms are in the apartments which is a long walk with all those bags. I got a room with a balcony which I enjoyed. My big complaint with the room are electrical outlets. Only one available on the kitchen counter. Everyone has a few devices they need to charge and I prefer an outlet by the bed. We tried 3 of the eateries and they all were excellent. The beach club is very nice and I was able to find thru the tennis pro someone to play. They have 3 hard courts with lights. To get to the beach club from the apartment you have to walk thru a shipping and receiving dock. Next time I will make sure I stay in the hotel side.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Yup, a bar in the pool. Nice pool to relax. Not really for swimming laps. However, there are tennis courts, a beach and a very nice gym.

The room itself was nice. Dark woods, nice sheets and towels.

There is a mall connected to the hotel and a nice grocery store is located inside the mall itself.

You need to take a cab everywhere, but they are easy to get and cheap.

Staff is quite friendly and helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Herts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

The outside of the hotel itself and the main lobby look good so the positive reviews are no surprise but my recent experience staying with my family was poor.

We stayed in an apartment which looked 3* at best. Very tired decoration, basic toiletries, very worn towels and bathrooms that hadn't hadn't seen a lick of paint for some time is what we got. Oh yes, and some mouldy milk on arrival.

The kids bed we ordered for the apartment hadn't been set up and they then tried to charge c.£25 per day for the duration of the stay for this bed even though we had an email confirming the cost. Pathetic and took 24 hours to resolve.

The prices of things in the on-site shops are shamelessly inflated and seemingly made up on the spot. Lots of examples of this but is it even legal to charge AED5 for a AED3 stamp?! Either way, they charge what they want for just about everything.

Certain wines regularly ran out at the restaurants and of course they chose the opportunity to upsell far more expensive wines rather than just offering something similar. It's a little thing but the penny pinching is a continual theme. No problem spending the money but when you feel you're constantly getting niggled at to spend more, it's needlessly tiresome.

General service is also fairly ropey. Not unusual for a waiter to stare at you and then be ignored.

Not having free wifi is quite frankly ridiculous but the one place you can hook in for free is around the main swimming pool. I'd recommend a daily walk round just so you're emails can click in!

Apart from Prego, which is nice, I'd give the Beach Rotana a miss.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is always a great pleasure to read such detailed feedback with pros and cons.

We were concerned to read about the inconveniences you have encountered during your last stay with us, for which we would like to apologize.

We strive to make our guests experience one of the best, so please stay assured that your feedback has been communicated and corrective measures have been taken to avoid future repeats. We honestly believe that your unfortunate experience is an exception to the service we are accustomed to offering as the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi is committed to providing its guests with the highest quality of standards.

Once again, thank you for your honest review of Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon among us.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Beach Rotana for 10 nights. The hotel is very clean and rooms are of an adequate size. All the staff are really helpful and always on hand to help out any given time of the day.
Well located next to the Abu Dhabi Mall and a supermarket for all the necessities.
Beach and pool area is of a decent size and well maintained.
The hotel has various restaurants serving a wide variety of food and two popular bars, Trader Vic's and Brauhaus.
A short drive in a taxi costing only a few pound takes you to the Corniche. A nice place for a walk. Public beach aswell to soak up some rays.
All the major attractions such as the Grand Mosque and Palace are all with in a 15-20 minute taxi ride costing between about £5-£7.
The hotel has quite a business feel to it but, their were other couples and families present.
A nice hotel of a high standard. Wifi, food and drinks a bit pricey but, that is the case in most decent hotels in the UAE.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple