“One of the Top Ten Hotels in Abu Dhabi”
Review of Beach Rotana

Ranked #27 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a hotel is a must to experience, over the last few years, I have stayed a number of times, and indeed this year as well. What I liked as well when I suggested they put a narrow yellow and black warning tape for going up and down into the main eating area, this was put into action. The food choice is incredible, the service and the cleanliness is exemplary. Because I come from a Safety Audits & Inspection background, I am always looking out for things I don't like, I struggled to find anything which upset me in this hotel.The gym is excellent, the beach area is also well looked after. The bedrooms perhaps a little cramped,but adequate.

Room Tip: I always managed to get a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the beach area, unfortunately there are...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 01Swallow
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Pros:

Breakfast buffet has A LOT of options, and service is great too.
Connection to the mall.
Huge gym.
Beach area.
Also a lot of dining options.

Cons:
They don't have shisha, but le meridien is a walk away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geninna

Dear Geninna,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Indigo never fails to impress with their quality food and perfect service.the server Javed exactly knows how to make the guest feel special and make their evening gr8.So next time if you dine @ Indigo you know the best server there :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Abhishek,

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Indigo.

Javed has been complimented & recognized for going the extra mile to wow you, & I have also shared your positive feedback with the rest of the team.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I've stayed in. I must recommend high tea as it is exceedingly tasty. Great view out the window of level 18 club lounge. They even have a rain shower and a Bidet in the toilets of the lounge!!Pool is excellent and has a mini beach although the sea was too warm to get in. Dress code is quite conservative for women, except around the pool, so make sure you bring appropriate clothing. Shorts for ladies are are a no no.... At least I won't have to wash them when we get home!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank brownie1973

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as part of a 2 centre holiday to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We have stayed here before and that was the reason for our return for this celebration. The hotel very kindly upgraded our room to a Club Room; but unfortunately reception informed us it was room only and we could not use the facilities that came with it, they had placed rose petals on the bed and in the bath and sent an anniversary cake to our room. We thought this was a lovely gesture.
During our previous stays we have booked all-inclusive and half board and on this occasion we booked bed & breakfast because we really wanted to try the different restaurants in the hotel because there is a good selection. We ate meals in Prego's, Trader Vics and Benihana's. The meals we thoroughly enjoyed and found you could eat reasonably but the cost of wine with a meal is quite expensive. In Prego's we found our wine selection was always out of stock, probably due to the fact that it was the least expensive bottle and therefore the most popular and we feel that they should have more available. We had drinks in Brauhaus which has an outdoor terrace and would certainly recommend Trader Vic's for cocktails during happy hour - excellent cocktails.
During our past visits we have never experienced problems with sunbeds but unfortunately during this stay we did find guests getting up extra early to put towels on beds. When you have finished with towels you are supposed to take them to the laundry basket on the way back into the hotel but too many guests could not be bothered doing this and lots of sunbeds looked as though they were still in use when in fact they were not - we did get wise to this.
Overall we loved our stay here as we have done in the past and would not hesitate to go again or recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: We had a club room on the highest floor with excellent view. There are some building works going on...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill A

Dear Gill,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, and many congratulations for your 25th anniversary

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, our restaurants and the comforts of your Room. It is very important to us to deliver a high quality of service during our guest stay and we are happy to know that you have been well looked after by our team

You have raised a number of points in your review all of which have been cascaded to the respective department heads for their follow up.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Me and my friend stayed in Beach Rotana for a night, at first the service and food was great. So my friend as for a late check out and the reception approved our request, we notice also that from time to time the housekeeping/room service is always knocking at the door asking if our stay is good or if we need anything. Well its a good thing they are always asking those things its part of their service. But the terrible thing that happened to us is after we take our shower, i wore the bathrobe and my friend is naked and about to wear her clothes... one housekeeping guy without any consent from us just open the door and entered into our room... we are shock because he saw my friend naked.. We try to talk to the Manager who is a girl, and she just told us that it is their hotels policy that if they knock 3 times and nobody answer they will just forcely go inside the room. I told the manager what if we were sleeping or inside the bathroom, they will just go inside??? They didn't even call us on the telephone just to check if we are ok.. they just enter the room without notice... Poor Service... Manager is not accomodating... NO PRIVACY FOR GUEST... we went their to relax and we had a terrible experience..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anonymous0727

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while you where in your room.

Your feedback has been shared with our Director of Housekeeping for immediate investigation and action.

Should you wish to get in touch with us for further details on our investigation, please do not hesitate to contact us on beach.hotel@rotana.com, and we will be more than glad to update you with our findings and solutions.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed for two days.First I would mention the Staff.From the moment you step out of the taxi trough fast check-in,concierge,room service,housekeeping,up to fast check-out they greet you with a smile and are happy to help.Really excellent staff service.Since I stayed there during ramadan the beach was closed and only two or three restaurants were open which were quite busy so I used the room service and the food was excellent.The location is good,next to a mall and close to city centre so getting to the attractions is easy and fast.
There is one negative comment I have unfortunately.The internet charge is ridiculous in my opinion.For two days I paid more than I pay for one month unlimited high speed connection at home.It's not about the money but when you pay for a 5 star room and service I don't expect to pay extra for a basic service.This is the reason for only 4 instead of 5 rating of this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very nice comments and recommending Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi on tripadvisor. Great service is one of our main aims and it is very rewarding to know that we have succeeded in delivering.