“THIRD VISIT - I LOVE THIS HOTEL” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Beach Rotana
Ranked #30 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“THIRD VISIT - I LOVE THIS HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

I really enjoy staying at this hotel for the few simple reasons.

1. Service is excellent
2. Restaurants are excellent
3. I love L'Occitane products
4. Arrived at 10.30am and my room was ready and we arranged a late check out at 6pm because we had a very late flight coming home (Rotana members only I believe - well worth joining)
5. I had booked through lastminute.com on a room only basis the hotel changed this to include breakfast for us at no extra charge.
6. We received 2 free glasses of champagne from Finz seafood (please please try the Prawn Curry the main reason we went to this hotel again)
7. We received 2 free glasses of Baileys and a chocolate cake for our wedding anniversary
8. We were given the Rotana cook book from the manager in Trader Vics plus 2 free cocktails.

It also helped that we were upgraded to Business on our way out from London with Gulf Air - Fabulous

Yes the view is bad and it is a building site but this will only get better once the building works are completed. Had this been my first visit I would have been disappointed but this isnt the hotels fault and at the Beach Rotana everything else makes off for this in my opinion.

Pregos the italian place is amazing - we ate their twice this visit (I cant understand a previous review but everyone has their opinion).

Our hotel room was lovely, huge bed, quality fittings and immaculately clean. Complimentary water, ice on request - very happy with it. If you are not this hotel goes out of its way to give you a room you are happy with - just ask.

Easter at the Rotana was fab - hot and we love it.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

Regards,

Fouad Hamade
Executive Assistant Manager
I/C Hotel Apartments
Beach Rotana
P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2009

My husband and I had stayed at Beach Rotana hotel for a week at the end of March. We were shocked how small the room was. We're booked a non-smoking room with king size bed, but it was not available when we checked in at night. So we had a non-smoking room with 2 twin beds. The room was so small, we had a hard time to fit in 2 big suitcases. Unless you really enjoy the smell of food 24 hours a day, I would not stay at this hotel again.

The Italian restaurant was below average. But the Indian restaurant was above average and the price was very reasonable. Other than that, the service was good, the location was excellent as it's next to the Abu Dhabi mall. But the beach club is facing a gigantic construction site. We will look for another hotel when we go back in May.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank VT2369
Abu Dhabi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2009

I chose the Rotana because it offered comparatively cheap suites - now I know why! To get to the beach or swimming pool you have to walk 150m trough a mall or over a stinking supermarket backyard. The pool and beach club is overlooking the biggest and noisiest construction site in all of Abu Dhabi (in operation 24h per day!). At night an adjacent Discotheque is playing ultra loud music so you can even hear it through earplugs in the 20th floor through closed windows. Don´t go to the Rotana!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank StephAbuDhabi
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

The staff at this hotel is top-notch! Stayed here for 2 nights while meeting some clients in Abu Dhabi. Great access to the Corniche and business district in that part of town. Traffic in Abu Dhabi is a problem and the area around this hotel is no exception. This hotel actually has a small strech of sandy beach. There also is a large pool area with attentive service which is great to hang out at during idle hours. Access to the mall from the hotel is very convenient as well. Ate at the seafood restaurant "Fins" one night and had an excellent meal. Other reviews remarked on the noise at this hotel - There is a massive construction project under way on the island across the water from the beach. When outside you will hear bangs and clancks in the disatnce - I did not find it obtrusive. Watching the work in process was actually quite facinating.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Scotland UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2009

I have to agree with an earlier review. If you have one of the many rooms above the atrium don't expect much sleep!
I was working Friday and Sat - the weekend and the noise was terrible and I was on the third floor. You can hear them setting up dinner and the breakfast and music played until about 1am.
Never agian for this place.
The pool is been renovated in Jan so you can sit on the small beach and look at the building works.
Very expensive and not as good as they seem to think they are.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank apm2122
south wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2008

My husband and I have visited Abu Dhabi and stayed at the Hilton Corniche which was too far out.
This time we opted for the Beach Rotana and Towers. We upgraded to the Towers and it was excellent. Our room looked out over the beach. I know there is building work going on but I think it was only 1 day out of a fortnight that we really noticed it.
The room was lovely we had fresh fruit everyday and also bottles
of water were supplied.

We had bed and breakfast and it was amazing everything you could think of to eat even steak if you wanted!! We had a few meals in the hotel we tried the Indian Restaurant which was very good also we went the British Night in ~Rosebuds which was good also. We went in to the Brauhaus a few times but it is impossible to get a seat everything is reserved and there are lots of people from outside the hotel.

At lunchtime we went the Food Court in the Mall which was good value for money, We also went to a small cafe which is situated in the newspaper and book shop on the same level as the Food Court but at the opposite end lovely sandwiches and smashing pot of tea.

The staff at the hotel are very helpful especially on reception which is unusual!! Mr. Suresh in Rosebuds is smiling all the time which all helps towards a good holiday.

One thing though the prices in Abu Dhabi have rocketed since we were last there the exchange rate is very poor

If you can look at the Time Out Magazine in the hotel which will
give you all the Happy Hours and Meal Deals in various hotels
and the taxis cost next to nothing, as long as you do not use the ones from the Hotel. Go outside Abu Dhabi Mall and get one from there.

All in all it was an excellent holiday and I would not hesitate to go back to this hotel. Do not be put off by other reviews see for yourself. Some people are never satisfied.

• Liked — our room wasbig
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toffeebonbon
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2008

Moved here from the Shangri-La (see my review of that hotel, which I rate highly!) and what a contrast! Firstly, even though we got special delegate rates for a conference, I paid about $100 more a night here and I really resented it!! I had a small weird shaped room in the old building. It was perfectly fine but NOT worth the money. There were quite a lot of people at this hotel who appeared to be on holiday but the entire beachfront/outlook is one giant construction site. Any time spent at beach or pool was to the chorus of banging, drilling, crashing etc. If I'd booked this place for a nice quiet break I would have been furious.
The staff seemed very pleasant here. But again, like elseqhere in Abu Dhabi, the drinks in particular were very expensive. It has several restaurants that I am told are very nice but I did not try them. I had a mediocre salad at the pool bar. They have a swish spa here which advertises massages etc for the region of 100 pounds sterling - not cheap, Yet they also have a more 'ordinary' spa down near the beach where I had an excellent massage for half that price- NOT advertised in the room/hotel but PART OF IT!! Very poor, I thought!
It's linked to an ok shopping mall with a few decent shops but again, nothing special. In all, if you can get a decent price I imagine this hotel is as good as any in Abu Dhabi but believe me, even though its a fair bit out of town, I'd go for the ShangriLa again in a heartbeat!

• Liked — convenient for conference/mall etc
  • Disliked — Oh yeah - I was charged nearly 40 pounds sterling for 48 hours internet access. What a ripoff!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank S_G.UK