Stayed with wife and 2 children after a reccomendation from my parents who stayed there earlier this year. Booked a room in the Tower which sits on top of the shopping mall as the rooms in this side of the Hotel are supposed to be bigger than the standard rooms.The standard rooms are situated in the adjacent block. We felt the rooms were quite small by comparison with the rest of the UAE. It was apparant straight away that the walls in the roooms were wafer thin and we could hear everything going on in the adjoining rooms.When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING to include bedroom and bathroom activities. Many guests apparantly on business arrive late watch tv all night keeping us awake and get early morning calls and have the tv on full blare again.This happened every night of our stay. on more than one evening guests had female visitors and were partying for 2 days.This resulted in noisy confrontations with myself and other guests in the middle of the night on more than 1 occasion. The Hotel was full so we couldnt change rooms.
I spoke to UK ex pats at the hotel who were suffering the same problems with noisy neighbours. It spoiled our stay,worrying all day if we would get any sleep or if I would end up throwing another guest off their balcony. Its a shame as the children loved the pool and slept through everything. The food was okay by the high standards of the UAE.The bar in the Brauhaus was excellent especially during happy hour(4pm to 8pm).Try and get served before business guests or get more than 2 cups of coffee during brekfast, impossible.
Sadly we couldnt go back to this hotel because of the lack of any soundprofing in the rooms.No sleep no Holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 30 minutes away from the Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai International Airport. Home to the prestigious Abu Dhabi Trade Centre complex, our Abu Dhabi Beach Hotel is directly linked by an exclusive passageway to the over one million square feet Abu Dhabi Mall - the capital's most renowned shopping mall, which houses international brands, a 6-screen Cineplex and entertainment venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Expedia, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Rotana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Beach Rotana Hotel Abu Dhabi