“Great stay at Beach Rotana”
Review of Beach Rotana

Beach Rotana
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 23 August 2010

The staff at the Beach Rotana are incredibly polite and helpful. The hotel itself is very comfortable with excellent restaurants attached. The rooms are well appointed and very quiet.
It is a shame that the view from the pool is marred by the building of the new Abu Dhabi financial district opposite. There is no noise from the building site that will disturb however. When the financial district is complete ( which as is the way in AD, will not be long) the views will doubtless be very impressive over some innovative architecture. It will be a beachside hotel in the middle of a fantastic city.
The hotel's location is excellent for business traveller and holidaymaker alike.
I travel frequently to AD on business and find it is an excellent, comfortable base

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 August 2010

I spent one week in this hotel. Good quality hotel with very good service. Direct acces to the Abu Dhabi Mall. Selection of a few restaurants, serwing very good food.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Very comfortable and upmarket hotel.

We arrived to a large circular lobby/lounge area with a flute and piano duet providing a lovely ambience. Rooms are very comfortable indeed, lots of polished marble and so on. Spacious. Wide choice of good quality food.

Apparently good gym and pool, but I didn't get to try it, unfortunately!

Service excellent, they are falling over themselves to help you.

Only criticism from me was that I couldn't get the internet to work - also surprised that wifi is charged as an extra.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2010

My family and I stayed at the Beach Rotana for one week in August 2010, and we had a great stay there! We have stayed at this hotel previously and so we decided to go back as we had an excellent time previously. Our check-in was very efficient and the staff were incredibly welcoming. The first impressions of the hotel were good, as the lobby is very grand and spacious.

Upon check-in we were given a free upgrade to 'Club Rotana' which meant we could enjoy the facilities on the eighteenth floor. The club lounge is lovely and spacious and you can enjoy complimentary breakfast, afterrnoon tea, non-alcohlic beverages and alcoholic beverages (which are served from 7-10pm). The club staff are excellent, and very efficient.

After being shown to our room, we were very impressed as it was very spacious and modern which is what you expect from a hotel of this standard. The bathroom was lovely with a rain forest shower and L'occitane bath products which was a nice touch.

Breakfast in Rosebuds was very good with a variety of food to suit different tastes. The buffet nights in Rosebuds are also excellent, I would derfinitely recommend the seafood and latino night- they were fantastic! Trader Vic's is a fantastic restaurant serving delicious food, my family and I ate there three times.

The pool area is lovely, it is very clean and the sun loungers are comfortable. The life guards are very good, and so are the pool staff. The beach is also very nice and enjoyable.

I particuarly liked that the hotel is joined onto Abu Dhabi Mall, so in the evening you can walk around and do some shopping if you wish.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This iis not my first stay in beach rotana Abu Dhabi, it is my prefered hotel for several reasons but on top of this the services, response and even follow-up of any issues is excellent and they do take action. one of my early commments was the lack of wirless services in the hotel, I included this feedback and got response from the manager and on the next visit as promised the service wass included. Even with other Rotana group of hotels I always had excellent experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Just returned from 10 days at the Beach Rotana. We had a lovely time. We had half board and really enjoyed the food, different themes every night so didn't get bored of the same things! The restaurant is extremely busy at the weekend though (Thurs and Fri) and the level of service wasn't quite the same. The zen spa is excellent, albeit quite expensive, but I would say it was worth it. The pool area is very nice, staff very friendly - lots of loungers etc. The beach wasn't great, the sea is a bit dirty but I think this is due to all the building work on the man made island over the water. I had a water skiing lesson with Domie which was great - it cost about £30 for half an hour. Overall, a very pleasant stay. I don't think it was special enough to make us want to return, but we did enjoy it. We stayed at the Emirates Palace last year, so nothing was ever going to live up to that! If you can afford it, go to the Emirates palace, it's heaven on earth!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a 6 nights stay in Abu Dhabi. This was our second trip to the Emirates... 3 yrs ago we stayed at The Hilton, another class hotel, however, the Rotana exceeded our expectations as far as quality and service was concerned.
Ok, so the view from the beach leaves a lot to be desired, but we were aware of the construction taking place in Abu Dhabi, so could not really complain. we simply turned our sunbeds around so we didnt have to face the cranes and incomplete buildings!! The staff by the pool were particularly friendly. They were pleasant and helpful and deserve a medal for working in temperatures over 45 degrees!!!
The hotel itself was fantastic. Our room, in the towers, was immaculate. The food was all sheer quality, particularly FINZ, the fish restaurant.
I would definately return to The Beach Rotana and would recommend this hotel to anyone... just go with an open mind as far as the views are concerned.... everything else the hotel has to offer makes it pale into insignificance...
oh, and the shopping mal is another plus... fantastic shops, and if you want a break from the expense of the meals (£40 for cheapest bottle of wine!) then pizza hut is the answer! £!2 for a meal for 2 of us!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Hilton Abu Dhabi
Hilton Abu Dhabi
#46 of 128 in Abu Dhabi
Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana

Been to Beach Rotana? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Beach Rotana

Address: Beach Rotana Hotel 2 St | Connected to Abu Dhabi Mall, Abu Dhabi 45200, United Arab Emirates
Region: United Arab Emirates > Emirate of Abu Dhabi > Abu Dhabi
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#11 On the Beach Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#15 Spa Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#17 Family Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#26 Luxury Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#26 Romantic Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#31 Business Hotel in Abu Dhabi
Price Range: £91 - £301 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Beach Rotana 5*
Just 30 minutes away from the Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai International Airport. Home to the prestigious Abu Dhabi Trade Centre complex, our Abu Dhabi Beach Hotel is directly linked by an exclusive passageway to the over one million square feet Abu Dhabi Mall - the capital's most renowned shopping mall, which houses international brands, a 6-screen Cineplex and entertainment venues. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelbag, Prestigia, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Rotana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi