Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
1,678 results
All reviewsflavours restaurantla mammael sombrerotavern pubcloud barclub roompool barprivate beachenglish pubsmall balconycorniche roadhealth clubkids poolnon smokingrestaurants and barssmoking roommarina mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We have very much enjoyed the facility, services and food offered. Due to construction works on the Salam road the outside of the hotel isn't much to look. The lobby with lanterns, a grand staircase and great furnishings is very welcoming so the staff at the check-in.

The room was not huge but well equipped and clean. Due to my SPG status we were upgraded to a high floor Gulf view room. Dining options are many within the hotel. Flavours offers an excellent buffet breakfast, 9clouds is perfect for cocktails and snacks. The pool area is nice but the beach is very small and at the moment due to ongoing construction works a bit noisy.
Overall experience: a friendly staff, an enjoyable facility and many food options makes the hotel a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2011
sheraton_abudhabi1, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Dear Jimmy,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay in our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our associates welcoming and our facilities to your liking. You may rest assured that your comments will be shared with our associates who take great pride in delivering on our promises to our guests.

I am pleased to inform you that the road construction in front of the hotel is on its last stretch and should be completed in a matters weeks. This will in turn become an asset of the property and allow customer’s easy connections to the airport and the entire city.

I would like to thank you for being a member of our Starwood Preferred Guest program and I am pleased that you are enjoying its great preferred benefits.

I am looking forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future and remain at your disposal for any arrangements you may need

Warm regards

Yves
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I've stayed at this property twice for extended stays. I have very much enjoyed the facility, services and food offered. The outside of the property isn't much to look at but once you enter the lobby your perception changes and it feels like you've entered the enchanting Middle East. Lanterns, a grand staircase and great furnishings as well as the vaulted ceiling add to the lobby charm. Check in is done at large wooden desks rather than a counter and makes for a more appealing and restful process.

I found the rooms to be compact but efficient. Each time I was upgraded to a high floor Gulf view room. The room features a long hallway with closet, a desk area in a rounded nook, lanterns hanging on either side of the bed, and a delicious bathroom clad in marble and, glass and steel. I also appreciated the bottle of wine and fruit plate that was sent up from the General Manager.

The club room is a nice option for breakfast and evening snacks and cocktails. Other dining options include several restaurants on the perimeter of the property and a buffet style option on the first floor called Flavours. A highlight was El Sombrero, the Mexican restaurant on property. I enjoyed the burrito and the margaritas! Tavern Pub is fun as well and feels like an authentic English pub. After a long day, enjoy hookah at the Pool Bar as well.

Overall, this is a great option is you are doing business in Abu Dhabi. Friendly staff, an enjoyable facility and plentiful food options.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gulf view room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2011

Dear Nicholase,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us and I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the service of my colleagues and the various dining options we offer. I would be delighted to connect with you the next time you stay with us and I look very much forward to meeting you personally! Until then, I remain with kind regards

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Today i arrive from formula 1 and when i went to my room (2 rooms 213;215) and the door was lock i went to the reception and they told me that They call me hundred of times and i should leave the room because my Check out was today they call the manager one very but very rude lady call edith and told me that i should leave my room in one 1 hour because it was some guest waiting the rooms . I say ok but i remember that i booking until 14 but i went to the room pick the booking and it was 14 Check out . I went again to the reception and show her the booking and she was very embarrassed. I stay lots of times in sheraton hotel and i Never was treat só bad like this time. I thing they should put better People in this kind of hotels with some better preparation.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Pedrosrs
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear Pedrosrs,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Please refer to my reply which I have sent to you to your private email address and please accept our apologies for this untoward experience. Your sincerely,

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel and Resort for six nights in early November and had a wonderful time. The hotel was busy as a result of the Eid el-Adha festival when I arrived, but the staff coped admirably, and once the masses had left, the hotel was quiet and comfortable. Contrary to the experience of some other reviewers on this site, I was not bothered by any noise in or around the hotel, although I had asked in advance for a quiet room.

The room was 'cosy' (for which read on the small size) but brilliantly planned to fit everything in and extremely well equipped, although the balcony was probably the smallest I have ever seen in my life and the pool/Gulf view unspectacular.

I had breakfast and dinner at the hotel each day and the buffet spreads were absolutely excellent - fresh, varied and beautifully displayed. The staff were without exception friendly, welcoming and efficient and all in all, it was an excellent stay - in fact, far and away the best I have had in this type of hotel in this region over the last few years.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Dear TenajBeir,

Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found the services and facilities up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon and remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2011

I travelled to the Sheraton Abu Dhabi after a long illness in search of comfort and relaxation. My stay was for 2 nights starting on 22nd October 2011 in a pool facing Club room. I had read previous reviews and was concerned about what I would find .The room size was acceptable with a nice bathroom.The hotel is large with good amenities.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Dear Kalidassa,

Thank you very much for posting a review of TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind feedback and was happy to note that you overall enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon and remain with kind regards,