“Great place”

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed here for three weeks around business but also for pleasure and it was a great place to stay. We enjoyed the rooms and the staff were delightful. We made friends with the staff all round the hotel and they helped to spoil us.

The hotel itself is in good nick and there is a swimming pool and a beach although when we were there you needed to use the beach and swim in the sea first and then the pool to cool down afterwards.

The restaurants are good and Tonia certainly runs an efficient operation in the Italian.

All in all it was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Best rooms look over the pool and sea. Try to not go over public holidays as it is busy.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Harry T,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the service of my colleagues, and particularly Tonia. I will make sure that she is made aware of your kind comments and I am sure she will be delighted to know that her efforts to serve her customers have not gone unnoticed. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

thomasvan.opstal@seraton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,608)

Reviewed 28 November 2011

After selecting this hotel via the BA.com website for our special 50th birthday trip we were confident we'd made a good selection.
Sadlly this hotel is set in the middle of major roadworks and adjacent to a significant building site so the major issue is NOISE!
And it's not just at certain times - because the workforce appeared to be on one or other of the site 24/7 there was no escape.
On checking in we were given an upgrade for our two rooms. Great, we thought. That first night was hell. We were on the 7th floor at the front of the hotel and the noise from around 4am was endless.
We complained and were instantly moved to new rooms on the 5th floor. They faced another aspect of the hotel - straight into the development side on the opposite side of a small lagoon and opposite the private beach!
During the day at poolside the pool bar played their music so loud - clearly to mask the external noise pollution.
In my view? The hotel's website should clearly be stating the current issues there are with noise.
It's not wise. It's not pleasant. It's not enjoyable.
The noise spoiled our otherwise ideal trip.

Room Tip: Wait until the roadworks and construction site opposite have all been completed before choosing any...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PEDRODS

Dear Pedrods,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay due to the construction which is presently on-going in the vicinity of the hotel. Unfortunately, Abu Dhabi is in the midst of a major development and hence, construction noise and related disturbances are happening almost everywhere in the city. At the Sheraton Abu Dhabi we are in a way fortunate that the vicinity around our hotel was one of the first major infrastructure developments which commenced three years ago and we expect the road works in front of the hotel to be concluded in December, which will mean that the hotel is again easily accessible and that the construction noise will be a thing of the past. The construction across our beach is also progressing and the most noisy piling works have by now been completed and therefore, we look forward to our guests having a mainly undisturbed stay at our hotel from December onwards.

We apologize that the construction marred your stay this time but if your travel plans bring you back to Abu Dhabi, please contact me directly in order for me to make amends during your next visit. I look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to Abu Dhabi and remain,

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We very much enjoyed our recent stay at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi. The service was absolutely fantastic and the hotel offered so many amenities. We took advantage of the various food options, including the great selecytion during breakfast and the yummy dessert and pastries offered in the lobby cafe. While small, the beach was very lean and well-maintained and not crowded at all during our stay. The spa was a welcome place for relaxation after days after sightseeing. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Dear Gedner,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor! We were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found the services and facilities up to your expectations. Most of all, we are delighted that you intend to our hotel again in the future and we look very much forward to welcome you back and to have an opportunity to meet you personally then!

Reviewed 26 November 2011

We have very much enjoyed the facility, services and food offered. Due to construction works on the Salam road the outside of the hotel isn't much to look. The lobby with lanterns, a grand staircase and great furnishings is very welcoming so the staff at the check-in.

The room was not huge but well equipped and clean. Due to my SPG status we were upgraded to a high floor Gulf view room. Dining options are many within the hotel. Flavours offers an excellent buffet breakfast, 9clouds is perfect for cocktails and snacks. The pool area is nice but the beach is very small and at the moment due to ongoing construction works a bit noisy.
Overall experience: a friendly staff, an enjoyable facility and many food options makes the hotel a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2011
sheraton_abudhabi1, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Dear Jimmy,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay in our hotel on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our associates welcoming and our facilities to your liking. You may rest assured that your comments will be shared with our associates who take great pride in delivering on our promises to our guests.

I am pleased to inform you that the road construction in front of the hotel is on its last stretch and should be completed in a matters weeks. This will in turn become an asset of the property and allow customer’s easy connections to the airport and the entire city.

I would like to thank you for being a member of our Starwood Preferred Guest program and I am pleased that you are enjoying its great preferred benefits.

I am looking forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future and remain at your disposal for any arrangements you may need

Warm regards

Yves
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I've stayed at this property twice for extended stays. I have very much enjoyed the facility, services and food offered. The outside of the property isn't much to look at but once you enter the lobby your perception changes and it feels like you've entered the enchanting Middle East. Lanterns, a grand staircase and great furnishings as well as the vaulted ceiling add to the lobby charm. Check in is done at large wooden desks rather than a counter and makes for a more appealing and restful process.

I found the rooms to be compact but efficient. Each time I was upgraded to a high floor Gulf view room. The room features a long hallway with closet, a desk area in a rounded nook, lanterns hanging on either side of the bed, and a delicious bathroom clad in marble and, glass and steel. I also appreciated the bottle of wine and fruit plate that was sent up from the General Manager.

The club room is a nice option for breakfast and evening snacks and cocktails. Other dining options include several restaurants on the perimeter of the property and a buffet style option on the first floor called Flavours. A highlight was El Sombrero, the Mexican restaurant on property. I enjoyed the burrito and the margaritas! Tavern Pub is fun as well and feels like an authentic English pub. After a long day, enjoy hookah at the Pool Bar as well.

Overall, this is a great option is you are doing business in Abu Dhabi. Friendly staff, an enjoyable facility and plentiful food options.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gulf view room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2011

Dear Nicholase,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us and I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the service of my colleagues and the various dining options we offer. I would be delighted to connect with you the next time you stay with us and I look very much forward to meeting you personally! Until then, I remain with kind regards

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Today i arrive from formula 1 and when i went to my room (2 rooms 213;215) and the door was lock i went to the reception and they told me that They call me hundred of times and i should leave the room because my Check out was today they call the manager one very but very rude lady call edith and told me that i should leave my room in one 1 hour because it was some guest waiting the rooms . I say ok but i remember that i booking until 14 but i went to the room pick the booking and it was 14 Check out . I went again to the reception and show her the booking and she was very embarrassed. I stay lots of times in sheraton hotel and i Never was treat só bad like this time. I thing they should put better People in this kind of hotels with some better preparation.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Pedrosrs
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear Pedrosrs,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Please refer to my reply which I have sent to you to your private email address and please accept our apologies for this untoward experience. Your sincerely,

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel and Resort for six nights in early November and had a wonderful time. The hotel was busy as a result of the Eid el-Adha festival when I arrived, but the staff coped admirably, and once the masses had left, the hotel was quiet and comfortable. Contrary to the experience of some other reviewers on this site, I was not bothered by any noise in or around the hotel, although I had asked in advance for a quiet room.

The room was 'cosy' (for which read on the small size) but brilliantly planned to fit everything in and extremely well equipped, although the balcony was probably the smallest I have ever seen in my life and the pool/Gulf view unspectacular.

I had breakfast and dinner at the hotel each day and the buffet spreads were absolutely excellent - fresh, varied and beautifully displayed. The staff were without exception friendly, welcoming and efficient and all in all, it was an excellent stay - in fact, far and away the best I have had in this type of hotel in this region over the last few years.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Dear TenajBeir,

Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found the services and facilities up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon and remain with kind regards,