We arrived around 10 PM from an exhausting and long flight. Our room was ready, with a small balcony as requested. Check in was swift and cordial. But when we got to our room we were disappointed that although it faced the sea, it also faced a vast construction project which no one mentioned when we booked the room.
We asked for a room on the other side, even though it faced the traffic. But on the other side the road was being repaired and the buildings across the way were being demolished! So, back to the first room. Actually it was small, cozy, well decorated and had very nice bath amenities. From our little balcony we could see the pool, lagoon, the corniche and the sea...and of course, the cranes.
The hotel is very well located for walking around the city (once you learn to weave in and out of construction sites). And the hotel is just a short taxi to the fish souk which is incredible. If you buy a fresh fish they will have it cleaned for you and then take it over to a cooking area where dozens of small vendors will grill your fish, add salad and rice and you can eat it right there or take it on a picnic or back to your hotel room!
We also enjoyed the Hanoi Restaurant near the hotel, on Hamden bin Mohammed Street just west of East Road, which serves wonderful Vietnam specialities.
The hotel itself has 5 restaurants but they are not open 24 hours so travelers arriving with jet lag must adjust to their rigid restaurant hours, although room service is always available.
The Italian restaurant, La Mama, is very good and Jenny, who waited on us, was a total delight.
The concierge, however, didn't seem familiar with Abu Dhabi, and that was frustrating.
The rest of the staff were alert, caring, personable and really offered warm attention. An example is Ms. Bini, who managed to reserve the same room for us on each of our three returns, and added many small courtesies during our stay.
We would definitely stay here again and hope, in the meantime, the destruction and construction in the UAE declines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi's shopping and business district, the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort combines the best of business and leisure. Enjoy our private lagoon and resort on the Arabian gulf or try one of the 11 restaurants and bars to choose from. The Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort has everything needed for a perfect stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotelopia, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel And Resort
- Abu Dhabi Sheraton