The Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort is conveniently located in the front of the Abu Dhabi corniche relatively close to the tourist club area and to the old downtown. I stayed there three of or four times between October and December last year.
They had a road construction going in front of the hotel during my stays, but I think that it must have been completed by now. It was bit difficult to get in a taxi because they had to make quite a few turns before finding the right driveway to the hotel’s entrance.
There is a club lounge, but you need to check in at the front desk even if you are a club level or SPG Platinum member. In all occasions, I hadn’t been upgraded to a suite in advance. Few words with the front desk, and at least once a phone call or two, made the suite happen in all of my stays.
The suite that I had was different every time but the basic layout was about the same. All of the suites had a spacious living room, kitchenette with a full refrigerator, and a bedroom with a bathroom/shower. I did appreciate the fact that the furniture was in the Middle Eastern style.
Club lounge is not open for breakfast as the breakfast is offered for Club members at the main restaurant. There are sandwiches, fruits, breads, cheeses etc. available all day long with coffee/tea and soft drinks. They have complimentary alcoholic beverages at the lounge from 6PM to 7PM. You can also have the club drinks benefits at the bar from 6PM to 8PM.
Fitness center was definitely one of the better hotel ones. Apparently they are selling memberships there as well. Remember to bring your own headphones if you prefer watching TV while doing cardio. They don’t have complimentary ones available.
This is one of the few hotels in Abu Dhabi that has their own private beach. There is quite a bit of construction going on the other side that bothers a bit. You have plenty of sun chairs available They have one bigger pool that has a pool bar and smaller one for kids.
As a Platinum member with a club access, I could have the breakfast at the main restaurant. The breakfast options are extensive. You need to sign the bill but it will be taken care off before your departure. At least I never saw my breakfast charges on the final bills.
Overall, I have been very satisfied with my stays there as a Platinum member. Unlike quite a few hotels in the Middle East, where employees just come and go, the people here seemed to care. There are quite a few Germans working at the management positions that probably partly explain why the hotel seems to be well run.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi's shopping and business district, the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort combines the best of business and leisure. Enjoy our private lagoon and resort on the Arabian gulf or try one of the 11 restaurants and bars to choose from. The Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort has everything needed for a perfect stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel And Resort
- Abu Dhabi Sheraton