“Great Location”

Ranked #52 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London
“Great Location”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

First trip to Abu Dhabi. I loved the location, the hotel restaurant and the staff were so pleasant. I'd go back

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank funkychic
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Funkychic,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that our associates made you feel welcomed. You may rest assured that your comments will be shared with them.

I have noted that you had a nice dining experience in our different Food and Beverage venues and that you found the hotel location convenient for your trip to Abu Dhabi.

Should you decide to visit us again please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist you with the arrangements and in order for me to welcome you personally.

Once again, thank you for your time and warm regards

Yves

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

There are some very good hotels in Abu Dhabi, I've tried 6 or 7 over the last six months and can vouch for most of them. However, I am now in my fifth week in The Sheraton and the over-riding feeling is of being looked after very well indeed. From the ladies who serve breakfast to the Cloud Nine team under Ruth in the evening, the service is impeccable. Reception staff are helpful and friendly, the pool guys go out of their way for you, and the in-house dining staff work their socks off. There are more modern hotels, there are hotels that are slightly easier to get to and from on foot BUT once you are inside the resort you are cushioned and cared for but not overwhelmed by fussiness. Enjoy the pools and beach area, try the restaurants, or just collapse on the wonderful beds and order room service. Think seriously about the Club package if your budget runs to it. I really like Le Royal Meridien where I spent a week at Christmas and The Intercontinental where I stayed in March. I haven't perhaps had the chance to compare their long term service. I can't afford the Emirates Palaces of this world, but at this price level, you can't go wrong at The Sheraton.

Room Tip: Sea view is obscured by building works and the city view is of road works. Don't worry about the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear FW Traveller,

thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my colleagues were able to make the difference and made you feel at home. Please rest assured that I will share your kind comments with Ruth at the Cloud 9 Lounge and everyone else – and please be assured that everyone at the hotel will be very happy to learn that their efforts to make you feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel, have not gone unnoticed. I look very much forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to our hotel and until then, I remain with kind regards,

Brisbane
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

First trip to Abu Dhabi - won't be the last. Our travel agent recommended this hotel and we throughly enjoyed our stay, great staff and fabulous food. Loved the pool and private beach. Will definitely be staying here for the next visit.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Karen R.,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your first visit to Abu Dhabi and to our hotel – and I was even more pleased to learn that you will be returning to Abu Dhabi again in the future! I do hope that I will be able to meet you personally and if you need any assistance with planning your next visit to our city, please do let me know. Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2012

we didnt stay in hotel but at a friends but we needed somewhere to relax eat drink and sunbathe and swim, so we chose the sheraton. For dhs1500 a couple for two weeks can enjoy all the health facilities at the resort which includes tennis squash excellent fitness gym and private beach and pool. There are three pools one which has a swim up bar where the staff have the most superior knowledge of cocktails. If there isnt one on the menu then they can use their instinct to make you one according to your mood or the weather or the time of day. The food is basic but well presented. You can get chicken wraps to lebanese salads again according to time of day. When we visited it was too hot so an excellent club sandwich shared between us was just right. The pool boss and his assistant boss worked tirelessly to ensure the rest of the staff were in the right place at the right time to keep the chilled drinks coming including fast delivery to the beach area. There is great background music while you enjoy your lunch or drink. Saturdays they do a theme day 1200 - 1700 with promotional drinks and DJ.When we were there it was latino theme one week with mojitos and following saturday haiiwian with florida pino colados served in real pineapples. All the lesiure facilities are free for hotel guests but anyone staying with friends in abu dhabi should buy themselves a pass to the sheraton pool and facilities. All credit to the excellent staff. Ps in latest timeout magazine abu dhabi the sheraton pool had an excellent review. We have tried others but this one offers the best service and the service charge is inclusive so what you see on menu is the price you pay. No hidden extras.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank stephenwoo
Dear Stephenwoo,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel and especially our pool bar on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to note that you enjoyed your free time at the resort of our hotel and that my colleagues were able to make your stay a comfortable and enjoyable one. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I have stayed at the SHERATON on many many occasions. It is one of the oldest hotels in Abu Dhabi but I have always found the food, rooms and staff exemplary. You are treat exceedingly well as soon as you arrive whether on foot or you drive to the foyer..I rate this as one of the best hotels I have ever stayed.Have a beer in the bar, it's ace.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Mitchsan,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was very pleased to note that you are enjoying your stays at our hotel and that my colleagues are making sure that your visits at our hotel are up to your expectations – thank you very much for recognizing their efforts! We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and I hope that I will have an opportunity to meet you personally on your next visit to Abu Dhabi. Until then, I remain with kind regards,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Very nice ambiance, state of the art rooms and facilities ( specially the pool, my kid enjoyed a lot), friendly and helpful staff, mouth-watering food and plenty of choices of beverages. This hotel has it all. And it has a very accessible location.

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the pool and the beach. you will be very happy in the morning..
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Dear jollybokyesha,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was happy to note that you enjoyed the services of my colleagues and that the facilities at the hotel met the expectations of your family and you. Please do let us know when you visit our hotel again in the future – I look forward to meeting you personally and until then, remain with kind regards,

rijeka
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I know this hotel since the opening ! And I was never disappointed about it !
Service is simply class. Breakfast best in Abu dhabi . I cannot find glitches ... simply close to perfection ! It is a pity that the beach is now closed up by buildings.
I will come again !

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear JackRijeka,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your comments were certainly much appreciated and I was very happy to learn that you remain fully satisfied with the services and facilities we offer. We truly appreciate your continued patronage and I look very much forward to meeting you on your next visit to our hotel. Until then, I remain with kind regards,